Enzedder 2016

Started by enzedder, October 04, 2015, 10:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordSneeze

Quote from: Doggoneit on January 04, 2016, 02:38:22 AM
Quote from: LordSneeze on January 04, 2016, 02:25:24 AM
Quote from: Doggoneit on January 04, 2016, 02:18:08 AM
I'm sorry but D Swallow at M4 is just horrible

He is not a mid keeper - you need to start with someone who is 100% to be a top 10 mid

The rest of your mids are coming back from injury and, with the exception of Goldy, you don't have any superstars on other lines.

I like your structure, if you can upgrade him it would look really good.

Please name a mid that is 100% a top 10 midfielder that can fit into this team. Then explain who you downgrade to get the cash to make the upgrade.
Only way I can see it happening is Goldy to Martin and then you will still be unlikely to have enough cash to get a top 10 midfielder.

personally I would downgrade both Myers and Wells to rookies and then Swallow can become Pendles, Hanners, Beams or Danger

at least get him up to a Parker or Cotchin or Watson someone who has proved they can avg over 110 and could get back there.

I might entertain him at M6 as a stepping stone but he is not a M4

I agree with you that Swallow is not a keeper and would only be a stepping stone, but the fact of the matter is most teams are starting Crouch, Libba, JOM at M5 & 6. They arguably have potential as Keepers, so starting a stepping stone player at M4 doesn't appear as bad.
Myers to me and a lot of other people is a lock. Yes you are paying a premium for him, but you are guaranteed games, a solid average and about $200k in price rise.
Wells is a wait and see. If he plays and performs not having him will mean you lose out big time both in Points and Cash Generation plus he is at a price that is difficult to corrective trade in immediately without downgrading a premium.

Money Shot

Lord Sneeze has a point.
If you wanted to turn Swallow Into a Pendles type you would have to restructure the whole team which I think is a waste!

Peter

I have Swallow at this stage - 6 of his first 9 games are in Qld. By this time he should have made enough money with others to upgrade him, if necessary, to a super premium

enzedder

I'm happy enough with my team as is atm, with Swallow at M4.
Swallow should get back to his 2014 form with little problem given some mid time. He's not locked in until he gets through the pre season and is named r1 but all reports recently have been positive.  He's priced at 416k with an 85 average, on that alone he should be at around 465k...
In 2014 he started the year off with scores of: 135, 127, 102, 107, 103, 110, 80, 116, 91 and 130...before having  a 3 game slump and then scoring well to finish off the season.
I'll take those scores from a M4 no problem. The dilemma I will have I'm thinking is whether to keep him as my M8 or to sideways trade him in for a fallen super premium... who knows it could even be one of those I should cash in Wells and Myers for.
@ doggoneit... of the four you suggest it would be Beams...ironically I had him in my planned team till I dumped him for Swallow.
Hanners is a no...became very average when I brought him in my team last year... the super premo scores dried up...JPK, TMitch, McVeigh and Parker will score well so he isn't likely to consistently go huge...just consistently good if that makes sense.
Pendles was in my team all year as he has been for probably the last 5 or more years, this will be the first time I don't start with him...he is an upgrade target....too many 100-110 scores... hell there were even some 80s fromhim last year. Unpendleslike.
Danger...is an upgrade target too. Not interested in starting him to I see him score well in a Geelong top. Think he will but there is no query over Beams in a Lions top in comparison.

Peter

Pendles dropped because of injury. Need to see him perform in NAB, to see if healed fully to go back to 115-120 with the other Collingwood budding champions

enzedder

Been a while since I played around with my team...with Myers out and Lobbe as an option it freed up some cash and by going some cheaper rookies I could stack the mids. Read the Sloane thread and changed him to Pendles. Anyway here tis.

TEAM NAME: Schillaci
DEF: J. McVeigh, J. Bartel, E. Yeo, B. Smith, J. Wagner, M. Adams (M. Brown, M. Hibberd)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, D. Swallow, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, J. Gresham (B. Fiorini, J. Dunkley, A. Marcon)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Lobbe (M. King)
FWD: D. Martin, L. Dahlhaus, M. Barlow, M. Leuenberger, S. Kerridge, N. Kommer (C. Petracca, T. Phillips)
CASH LEFT: $8,800

Ringo

Keep an eye on D Swallow preseason as he still has not resumed full training following his knee injury,.

Nice Team and structure,

enzedder

Quote from: Ringo on January 19, 2016, 12:13:07 PM
Keep an eye on D Swallow preseason as he still has not resumed full training following his knee injury,.

Nice Team and structure,
Yeah. Swallow's a wait and see. Reports are all positive at the moment.

enzedder

Just playing around with different combinations of players and posting this for my own benefit as an option as much as anything else...
No Bartel, but Shaw in this team. No Barlow, but Wells if named R1. No Swallow but Adams who I think he is seriously good value and could stay in my side as a POD...can't recall him being in any other teams. Slow start to last year and a 40 subbed off R19 but barring that went at 115.7 ave R11-23...priced at 97.

DEF: H. Shaw, J. McVeigh, E. Yeo, B. Smith, J. Wagner, M. Adams (M. Brown, M. Hibberd)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, T. Rockliff, T. Adams, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, J. Gresham (B. Fiorini, J. Dunkley, A. Marcon)
FWD: D. Martin, L. Dahlhaus, M. Leuenberger, D. Wells, S. Kerridge, N. Kommer (C. Petracca, T. Phillips)
CASH LEFT: $21,100

AaronKirk

Unless you think Shaw can maintain an average over 100 early in 2016 I wouldn't start him. Wait till he comes down in value and then pick him later as an upgrade.

There are a lot of quality mids at Collingwood now with the likes of Pendles, Swan, Treloar, Greenwood, Adams etc so I think the likelihood of Adams being a keeper is pretty slim IMO. Would be a risk to start him. I have Pendles in my side ATM and I am thinking he could be a risk as well (but one with runs on the board to take a risk with).

That forward line is pretty thin. It does allow you to have Libba and Crouch at M6 and M7 but with the injury history of Leuenberger, Wells and Kommer there is a massive amount of risk.

Peter

I believe your biggest problem is that the money spent on main players leaves you with only money left for rookies that are unlikely to play much, so you can't make money to upgrade players

enzedder

Quote from: AaronKirk on January 20, 2016, 03:28:13 PM
Unless you think Shaw can maintain an average over 100 early in 2016 I wouldn't start him. Wait till he comes down in value and then pick him later as an upgrade.

There are a lot of quality mids at Collingwood now with the likes of Pendles, Swan, Treloar, Greenwood, Adams etc so I think the likelihood of Adams being a keeper is pretty slim IMO. Would be a risk to start him. I have Pendles in my side ATM and I am thinking he could be a risk as well (but one with runs on the board to take a risk with).

That forward line is pretty thin. It does allow you to have Libba and Crouch at M6 and M7 but with the injury history of Leuenberger, Wells and Kommer there is a massive amount of risk.
The beauty of starting Shaw is I won't need to use a trade to get him... Bartel, KK, Simmo and co might be all good picks but Shaw definitely will be (if he stays on the park).
Adams is a risk and only someone I've started thinking about. I like the idea of loading up on mids to get off to a flyer... Has worked well for me in the past.
If I start Shaw and go deep in mids I'll have to go thin in fwds. A lot will depend on availability of rookies. If Wells doesn't look right straight away this team needs restructuring and Barlow or someone will take his place but I gotta say I don't think there's much to choose from.
Quote from: Peter on January 20, 2016, 06:49:27 PM
I believe your biggest problem is that the money spent on main players leaves you with only money left for rookies that are unlikely to play much, so you can't make money to upgrade players
Rookies are speculative at the moment. You're right that there's not much wriggle room but come round 1 my rookies will be based on who is named and how their job security looks and if I need to change my premium players I will do some tweaking.

fasttrack13

Shaw good pick 100% agree with you enz...! It will be like gray last year if you dont start him youll struggle to get him in

enzedder

DEF: K. Kolodjashnij, J. Bartel, E. Yeo, B. Smith, J. Wagner, M. Brown (M. Adams, M. Hibberd)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, J. O'Meara, B. Crouch, J. Gresham (S. Kerridge, J. Dunkley, A. Marcon)
FWD: B. Deledio, D. Martin, M. Barlow , M. Leuenberger, D. Wells, , C. Petracca  (N. Kommer, T. Phillips)
CASH LEFT: $15,900

First team I've had with KK and at D1 as well...still might run with Shaw, Rance or McVeigh but KK gives funds to allow JOM if he gets up...don't mind running deep in the mids at the expense of rookies with the depth available in mid pricers.
Beams is easy switched to one of Priddis, Gray or JPK if he isn't right.
Leuey and Wells are on watch.

Ringo

Nice to sit on. Just personal have concerns with Lids and his dodgy hammies at that price. Also I am one of the few still wary on JOM.  Would like to see how he goes before committing.  He came back from injuries to both knees and then did his ACL so the caution flag is up for me.

Interesting how that third mid is giving a little trouble. I have had Beams, Neale, JPK, Gray and Priddis all in there as well.