Main Menu

Stumpy's son is heading home

Started by Capper, September 30, 2015, 07:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-27/freo-assistants-brett-kirk-simon-lloyd-head-to-home-states

QuoteKirk ends his association with the Dockers after joining the club in an assistant coaching capacity at the end of the 2012 season.

The 38-year-old is returning to Sydney with his wife Hayley and five kids to undertake a coaching role at his former club, the Swans.

Swans general manager of football Tom Harley said the club would be in a position to detail Kirk's specific role once it had finalised its coaching panel for 2016.

"After a successful three year stint at Fremantle, we are really pleased to welcome Brett back to the Swans and are confident he will be a really valuable addition to our coaching group,” Harley said.

"Brett is a quality person and his impact as a leader during his playing career at the Swans is well known."

Kirk played 241 games for the Swans in a career that spanned 12 seasons, featuring in their 2005 premiership and co-captaining the club from 2006 until he retired in 2010.

Fremantle football operations manager Chris Bond said Lloyd and Kirk had decided to return home for family reasons, and thanked them for their involvement.

"We understand the reasons behind their decision to head back to Melbourne in Simon's case, and to Sydney for Brett," Bond said in a statement.

"We are grateful for their contribution and wish both Simon, Brett and their respective families all the very best for their future endeavours."

Capper

Kirk's old man "Stumpy" lost his hand in a farming incident in Albury but still continued to play AFL and played against my old man a long time ago

SydneyRox

you know my dream now is that Fyfe loves him so much he comes to play next to Parker, Hanners, heeney and Mills in a few years time.....

:P

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 30, 2015, 11:43:23 PM
you know my dream now is that Fyfe loves him so much he comes to play next to Parker, Hanners, heeney and Mills in a few years time.....

:Pu

Guessed you missed his Brownlow speech then!

SydneyRox

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 01, 2015, 01:31:54 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on September 30, 2015, 11:43:23 PM

:Pu

Guessed you missed his Brownlow speech then!

yeah he loves kirky more :P