Main Menu

Off season news etc.

Started by frenzy, September 29, 2015, 07:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Also seen a few comments suggesting the draft is very even from picks 13-14ish all the way through to 40.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on October 17, 2015, 07:06:26 PM
Quote from: j959 on October 16, 2015, 06:23:54 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 16, 2015, 01:53:26 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on October 16, 2015, 12:42:08 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 12:15:49 PM
Outside Midfielder Jed Anderson is officially a Roo.
Lock him in for super coach ???

Norths midfield is deeper than the hawks. arguably deepest in the comp.

definitely not locking him in. Guys like Dumont are struggling to get games already. basti might leave as not getting enough of a chance.
saw NAB trade radio indications that he might go to Lions?

on the trade side of things, I don't quite get this trade from the Nth POV - Jed is an exciting young player and they don't have to develop a rookie, but unless they think it a very shallow draft pool this year, I don't quite get it??

am I missing something??  ???

Ando was taken in the 30S in a much deeper draft. He has shown something so worth more then that. We also got some mid round picks.

I think we did really really well

You sure about that?

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on October 17, 2015, 07:33:37 PM

definitely not locking him in. Guys like Dumont are struggling to get games already. basti might leave as not getting enough of a chance.

on the trade side of things, I don't quite get this trade from the Nth POV - Jed is an exciting young player and they don't have to develop a rookie, but unless they think it a very shallow draft pool this year, I don't quite get it??

Ando was taken in the 30S in a much deeper draft. He has shown something so worth more then that. We also got some mid round picks.

You sure about that?

Nope confusing it with worlds.

He is worth a top 20 pick in this draft

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on October 17, 2015, 07:42:58 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 17, 2015, 07:33:37 PM

You sure about that?

Nope confusing it with worlds.

He is worth a top 20 pick in this draft

Absolutely he is. He can play as a small forward so North's midfield depth isn't that important either. Nahas got plenty of games this year and Anderson can take his spot.

BTW he didn't ever get drafted. He was a GWS NT zone selection, traded to the Hawks for Gilham.

Mat0369

Anderson was pre-listed player and was involved in a swap for Gilham and picks. I remember the Hawks made that horrible video where Andrew Newbold buys a kebab off Lehmo and says 'Thanks for Jed Anderson'.

It is possibly the worst thing I have ever seen.

Mat0369

frenzy

Hope Kangas don't actually go through with this, Bastinac AND PICKS 38 AND 40 to Brissie, for pick 17. This would be the worst trade of the trade period. Seriously needs a little James Aish thrown in aswell, imo.   >:( Basti worth pick 17 alone and Aish worth two second rounders, that's all they're asking from collingwood.

Alas, done deal. Basically we traded Basti for Jed Anderson and significantly improved our draft picks.

Still got a first rounder 17, now got two earlier second rounders 26, 28 and even upgraded our third rounder 47.  8)

Came outta that OK, imo.

GoLions

Would Anderson be best 22 for you guys?

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on October 24, 2015, 01:52:30 PM
Would Anderson be best 22 for you guys?

not sure its a pretty stacked team especially in the mid. Thats why basti left. the removal of the green vest should help. I reckon he is in the best 25-27 so depends on injuries.

Ricochet

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 19, 2015, 02:22:11 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-19/todd-goldstein-turns-back-on-free-agency-signs-new-deal-with-kangaroos?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS+feed%3A+AFL+Latest+News

QuoteALL Australian ruckman Todd Goldstein has turned his back on unrestricted free agency to re-sign with North Melbourne

best news all year. one of the most valuable players in the comp, if he walked we might as well had gone into full rebuild mode.

frenzy

Quote from: Holz on November 19, 2015, 02:32:07 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-19/todd-goldstein-turns-back-on-free-agency-signs-new-deal-with-kangaroos?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS+feed%3A+AFL+Latest+News

QuoteALL Australian ruckman Todd Goldstein has turned his back on unrestricted free agency to re-sign with North Melbourne

best news all year. one of the most valuable players in the comp, if he walked we might as well had gone into full rebuild mode.

Touch wood Goldy don't get injured, there's not much left for a back up nowdays, Currie gone, Daw delisted ( maybe rookie listed) the USA basket baller Delisted. Hope Petrie and Goldy stay fit.  ::)

Ziplock

Quote from: frenzy on November 19, 2015, 05:36:12 PM
Quote from: Holz on November 19, 2015, 02:32:07 PM

Touch wood Goldy don't get injured, there's not much left for a back up nowdays, Currie gone, Daw delisted ( maybe rookie listed) the USA basket baller Delisted. Hope Petrie and Goldy stay fit.  ::)

they must have their eye on someone in the PSD or rookie draft or something...

#Hmaccomeback :P