Main Menu

Off season news etc.

Started by frenzy, September 29, 2015, 07:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenzy

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-05/roos-may-have-blackout-as-forward-looks-for-opportunities

Aaron Black wants out again, still contracted next two seasons. Thats what happens when you recruit Waite and Higgins.

Holz

Quote from: frenzy on October 05, 2015, 06:54:11 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-05/roos-may-have-blackout-as-forward-looks-for-opportunities

Aaron Black wants out again, still contracted next two seasons. Thats what happens when you recruit Waite and Higgins.

its a sacrifice we need to make waite and higgins will do more for a flag push then he will.

We will need to rebuild in 2-3 years anyway.

frenzy

reports are we're interested in Jerry Howe... dunno what to think about this. He's a one trick pony for mind.   :o

bottlemart

Quote from: frenzy on October 12, 2015, 07:05:03 PM
reports are we're interested in Jerry Howe... dunno what to think about this. He's a one trick pony for mind.   :o
I agree.  happy to let Howe play for Collingwood.  I don't think we need any more forwards.  I hope we get Jed Anderson.  We need outside run and Anderson could provide that.  He's only 21, so younger than Howe and plenty more upside.

iZander

Hey guys, any North fans hear any updates on Bastinac possibly being traded?

Also, does anyone think Bradley Mckenzie is a chance to play for you guys next year?

Pkbaldy

Outside Midfielder Jed Anderson is officially a Roo.

Ricochet

Money Shot

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 12:15:49 PM
Lock him in for super coach ???

Holz

Quote from: Money Shot on October 16, 2015, 12:42:08 PM

Norths midfield is deeper than the hawks. arguably deepest in the comp.

definitely not locking him in. Guys like Dumont are struggling to get games already. basti might leave as not getting enough of a chance.

j959

Quote from: Holz on October 16, 2015, 01:53:26 PM

definitely not locking him in. Guys like Dumont are struggling to get games already. basti might leave as not getting enough of a chance.
saw NAB trade radio indications that he might go to Lions?

on the trade side of things, I don't quite get this trade from the Nth POV - Jed is an exciting young player and they don't have to develop a rookie, but unless they think it a very shallow draft pool this year, I don't quite get it??

am I missing something??  ???

frenzy

Quote from: j959 on October 16, 2015, 06:23:54 PM

on the trade side of things, I don't quite get this trade from the Nth POV - Jed is an exciting young player and they don't have to develop a rookie, but unless they think it a very shallow draft pool this year, I don't quite get it??

Think roos are targeting specific types of players, they probably have too many inside see ball get ball types and not enough outside run and carry types (like Daniel Wells ) They will be hoping to get some earlier draft picks back when they trade Basti and Black out, although they have three second rounders, 35 38 40. so it won't matter if trades aren't successful.

Holz

Quote from: j959 on October 16, 2015, 06:23:54 PM

Ando was taken in the 30S in a much deeper draft. He has shown something so worth more then that. We also got some mid round picks.

I think we did really really well