AXV: OFFICIAL TRADE THREAD (2015/16)

Started by BB67th, September 20, 2015, 06:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Rids

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 22, 2015, 02:11:20 PM
Danny Stanley got delisted?

Yep. Has 1 year left on contract and will be picked up on the rookie list for the Suns. Not sure the rules allow for a player who has been delisted to be traded. This is one scenario I have been talking about.

upthemaidens

Yeah but the Suns committed they will pick him back up as a rookie.  We would have kept him if we didn't trade him.

BB67th

Quote from: Rids on November 22, 2015, 02:25:27 PM

Yep. Has 1 year left on contract and will be picked up on the rookie list for the Suns. Not sure the rules allow for a player who has been delisted to be traded. This is one scenario I have been talking about.
There is no rule against trading such a player.

With there already being provision for de-listed players who can be re-rookied in the drafting/trading rules, I'm not too sure what else should be done to change them?

Rids

Quote from: BB67th on November 22, 2015, 03:40:36 PM

With there already being provision for de-listed players who can be re-rookied in the drafting/trading rules, I'm not too sure what else should be done to change them?

Surely players have to be on a list when trading? Colli always ruled this way as I had the same discussion with him in regards to Heath Scotland a few years back.

Also, should a rookie listed player be on your senior list without being elevated?

BB67th

Quote from: Rids on November 22, 2015, 03:46:48 PM

Surely players have to be on a list when trading? Colli always ruled this way as I had the same discussion with him in regards to Heath Scotland a few years back.

Also, should a rookie listed player be on your senior list without being elevated?

Perhaps it can be put to a vote in the future then, but personally I don't really see a problem with trading players that are likely to be re-rookied by their AFL clubs. Coaches should know the risks involved if they are going through with such trades.

And there is no real way to stop players in this situation from ending up on a senior AXV list when they have been demoted to a rookie AFL list. Unless you wanted to force coaches to do the same as AFL clubs and use a rookie pick on them, when they may not be willing to.

Rids

Quote from: BB67th on November 22, 2015, 03:59:29 PM

Perhaps it can be put to a vote in the future then, but personally I don't really see a problem with trading players that are likely to be re-rookied by their AFL clubs. Coaches should know the risks involved if they are going through with such trades.

And there is no real way to stop players in this situation from ending up on a senior AXV list when they have been demoted to a rookie AFL list. Unless you wanted to force coaches to do the same as AFL clubs and use a rookie pick on them, when they may not be willing to.

Sorry but why have a senior and  rookie list then? It is something that Nostra and I have been talking about for a few years now. There should be a squad and then the rookies chosen from the squad which would eliminate issues.

AXV has always tried to mimic AFL. Hence why the past rulings have been like they have. If these rules have now changed then all good. They do need to become public knowledge.

upthemaidens

Greg Broughton was not on an AFL list when traded last year.  Same situation, he got re-rookied as well.

BB67th

Quote from: Rids on November 22, 2015, 04:03:10 PM

Sorry but why have a senior and  rookie list then? It is something that Nostra and I have been talking about for a few years now. There should be a squad and then the rookies chosen from the squad which would eliminate issues.

AXV has always tried to mimic AFL. Hence why the past rulings have been like they have. If these rules have now changed then all good. They do need to become public knowledge.

I'm not really sure how that negates the need for the senior/rookie system. That whole system was part of the rule changes votes we recently had, and the competition as a whole voted to keep it as it is.

We do try to mimic the AFL, but in some cases it is hard to get things exactly the same and keep as a completely fair competition. I think forcing coaches to de-list players and use their draft picks to re-rookie them just because an AFL club does is not fair in forcing coaches to use picks in a certain manner.

Rids

Quote from: upthemaidens on November 22, 2015, 04:05:52 PM

Greg Broughton was not on an AFL list when traded last year.  Same situation, he got re-rookied as well.

Broughton was traded in AXV prior to being delisted and rookied so it is a different situation to this one.

I have no issue with it. But I do want clarity in regards to this in regards to rules. There is a lot of grey at the moment of what can be and cant be done. If this is the way it will be moving forward then all good. But it does need to be captured in the rules somewhere so we don't keep having the same conversation year after year.

Rids

Quote from: BB67th on November 22, 2015, 04:07:26 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 22, 2015, 04:03:10 PM

I'm not really sure how that negates the need for the senior/rookie system. That whole system was part of the rule changes votes we recently had, and the competition as a whole voted to keep it as it is.

We do try to mimic the AFL, but in some cases it is hard to get things exactly the same and keep as a completely fair competition. I think forcing coaches to de-list players and use their draft picks to re-rookie them just because an AFL club does is not fair in forcing coaches to use picks in a certain manner.

I am not after that at all. I am after a rule to be made that is clear and precise moving forward to capture this kind of scenario. At the moment there isn't one.

Rids

At the end of the day the scenario is that a team is trading in a player who is currently delisted and being placed on the senior list. The player has been guaranteed a rookie spot from his AFL club. If this is allowed and I really don't mind if it is, we should be adding the specific scenario to the rules that are there so everyone is aware.

Rids

Just to confirm that Broughton was traded prior to being delisted last year -

Quote from: nostradamus on October 14, 2014, 09:39:15 PM
A nice quick trade with Toga  8)

Bangkok Crabs give: Greg Broughton + Nat 23

Mongolian Lambs give: Toby Nankervis + Nat 26

Toga to confirm

He was then delisted 2 weeks later

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-31/broughton-squeezed-out

This will be the first time this situation (player being traded whilst delisted) has occurred in AXV from my understanding (which I stand corrected as per below) but will become more common moving forward.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Rids on November 22, 2015, 04:27:12 PM

Toga to confirm

This will be the first time this situation (player being traded whilst delisted) has occurred in AXV from my understanding but will become more common moving forward.
Re: AXVS: OFFICIAL TRADE THREAD (2014/15)
« Reply #698 on: November 15, 2014, 08:28:33 PM »
Period 1
DONGS give: B.Stanton
LAMBS give: N10 + N42 + L.Dunn

Period 2
DONGS give: R.Murphy + J.Bartel + L.Montagna + J.Schulz
LAMBS give: G.Broughton + Aaron Young  + H.Balantyne + Travis Colyer

Final trade
DONGS give: B.Stanton + L.Montagna + J.Schulz + R.Murphy + J.Bartel
LAMBS give: N10 + N42 + L.Dunn+ H.Ballantyne + G.Broughton + A.Young + Travis Colyer

Toga to confirm :)

^^^cough cough^^  what was that Rids?  He was NOT on an AFL list when this trade got done, and wasn't until the rookie draft.

Rids

Quote from: upthemaidens on November 22, 2015, 04:35:16 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 22, 2015, 04:27:12 PM

Toga to confirm

This will be the first time this situation (player being traded whilst delisted) has occurred in AXV from my understanding but will become more common moving forward.
Re: AXVS: OFFICIAL TRADE THREAD (2014/15)
« Reply #698 on: November 15, 2014, 08:28:33 PM »
Period 1
DONGS give: B.Stanton
LAMBS give: N10 + N42 + L.Dunn

Period 2
DONGS give: R.Murphy + J.Bartel + L.Montagna + J.Schulz
LAMBS give: G.Broughton + Aaron Young  + H.Balantyne + Travis Colyer

Final trade
DONGS give: B.Stanton + L.Montagna + J.Schulz + R.Murphy + J.Bartel
LAMBS give: N10 + N42 + L.Dunn+ H.Ballantyne + G.Broughton + A.Young + Travis Colyer

Toga to confirm :)

^^^cough cough^^  what was that Rids?  He was NOT on an AFL list when this trade got done, and wasn't until the rookie draft.

Haha! Nice work  ;D