AXV - Vacant Coaching Position - UAE Tigers

Started by BB67th, September 16, 2015, 10:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

After 3 years of service, JROO8 is sadly departing the AXV as he will no longer have the time commitments to run the team.

As such, his team the UAE Tigers requires a new head coach. We are looking for a coach who can be actively involved with trading, drafting, submitting weekly teams during the season, and contributing to what is a great all-round competition.

The Tigers were a highly successful team this season, making the Preliminary Finals of the seniors competition. They arguably have the best depth in the competition, finishing as the minor premier in the reserves, and falling just short in the Grand Final after many of their players were rested.

Trading is set to begin in the coming days, once our rules have been finalised for the upcoming season.

The AXV uses the old Sportsbet scoring system, and information can be found on it and all the other details of the competition here:
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,66632.0.html
Or simply shoot me a pm if you have any questions, I'm always happy to answer them. :)

Below is the current team list of the UAE Tigers. If you are interested in becoming a coach, please give a short application about who you are, what your best XV for the team would be and why you feel you deserve the job. Voting will then be sent out to all current AXV coaches, and the new coach with the highest amount of votes will have first choice of which team they would like to coach.

I will leave applications open until this Sunday note, so they will close at 11:59PM AEST, Sunday 20th September.

UAE TIGERS - Please ignore the numbers next to player names

SENIOR LIST

1. Brett Deledio 9
2. Jack Ziebell 6
3. David Zaharakis
4. Shaun Higgins 6
5. Shaun Grigg 4
6. Dustin Martin 6
7. Andrew Swallow
8. Jack Riewoldt 6
9. Clancee Pearce 6
10. Daniel Rich
11. Sean Dempster 6
12. Ryan Griffen 9
13. Courtenay Dempsey 6
14. Nathan Jones
15. Luke Hodge
16. Travis Cloke
17. David Mundy
18. Stefan Martin 2
19. Grant Birchall
20. Blaine Johnson
21. Dane Swan
22. Shaun McKernan 4
23. Josh Gibson 6
24. Tom Bellchambers 4
25. Will Minson
26. Jason Winderlich
27. Brendon Goddard
28. Daniel Butler
29. Jordan Cunico
30. Jackson Merrett
31. Daniel Talia 6
32. Ted Richards
33. Matt McDonough 1
34. Shannon Hurn 6
35. Jarrod Harbrow 6
36. Tom Lee 2
37. Ryan Bastinac
38. Majak Daw 1
39. Mitch Wallis
40. Farren Ray 4

ROOKIE LIST

1. Brendan Abbott
2. Kieran Harper
3. Nathan Krakouer
4. Tom Downie 1
5. Zac O'Brien 1
6. Mason Cox

nas

Hello all,
            I would like to put my hand up to be coach of the UAE Tigers.
I have been around for a while being since March 2009.
I currently have taken over from Cruiseon with the coaching interviews being nas 5 - The good Oil on Coaches.
I am on most times & respond asap to any PM's sent my way so regarding trade offers quick response is the way it will happen.
Team wise working on the current list available would be as follows,

B: Birchill, Hodge, Higgins, C Pearce.
M: Mundy, Wallis, Zaharakis, A Swallow.
R: S Martin.
F: Deledio, D Martin, D Swan, B Goddard.
U: Ziebell, McKernan,
E: JRoo, D Rich, S Hurrn.

There would be some delisting's as well as promotion from the rookie list with Krakouer being promoted at this stage.

Trading will be done & the list would be divided into sections of availability for trades.

This is my first application & experience wise this year completed in the I5's SuperCoach Draft league as well as Ultimate Footy.

Would be very raw until found my feet & would be contacting coaches for help as required.

The other aspect I will be doing that IF accepted for this position, this will be my only team that I would do so that my undivided attention is wholly & solely is on this team.

So in closing "That is the Good Oil on my application" & thanks for having a look.

nas.

Atto

To Whom It Concerns,

I would also like to throw my hat in the ring for this coaching job and although I have only been around for a year, I am already the current head coach of the Dallas Coyotes in Americas XVIII DT and the Swedish Metal in EXV, the former being in a mini-rebuild and the latter in a large one. On FF at least, managing a successful team like the UAE Tigers will be new ground for me. I am usually reliable in posting teams/responding to PMs and any other roles that taking on this team requires me to do.

In regards to the team, it is a very good one and no wonder why it went to the Prelim. The problem with the team is the long-term, so my goal will be to maintain the strength of the team but to also be sustainable as well through delistings and trading.

Thanks for your time to read this.

Kind Regards,
Atto

fanTCfool

Hello!

Whilst there are two better candidates than myself who have nominated prior, I still wish to put an application forward.

My name is fanTCfool, I'm a puny 15 years of age and am relatively new here.
One could say I have age on my side - being so young, there is theoretically nothing better I should be doing than devoting all my time here. I have no such experience to speak of, other than recently taking up an assistant coach role with the Mexico City Suns in WXVs.

This, however, does lead into my first point.

The coach of Mexico City, JROO8, also happens to be the out-going coach of UAE, as you know.
Having worked well with JROO8 for some time now, I feel as though I understand what he plans for his teams, and that I would be able to 'uphold his vision' of where the UAE Tigers should be headed.

Let's take a look at my idea for the Tigers line-up going forward into next year, before trading.

D: Birchall, Gibson, Higgins, Hodge

M: Mundy, D. Martin, Goddard, Swallow

R: S. Martin

F: Deledio, Riewoldt, Swan, McKernan

U: Wallis, Griffen

E: Jones, Grigg, Hurn

I stress, this is before trades

Finally, I would like to note, regardless of whether I would be lucky enough to be chosen as Head Coach or not, I am very keen to work in partnership with another applicant, or member of the FF community, if possible in both cases.

Thank You for the opportunity and the consideration!  ;D

Jay

Looks like we have some very worth candidates! Will be a tough choice :o

Ricochet

kilbluff1985

good evening ladies and gentlemen in AXV

myself and TDAWG would like to apply for this job

we both co coach Birmingham in BXV we both have teams in AXVIII SC he has a team in AXVIII DT which i help him out with also we have a good understanding with each other and we're both assistants to teams in WXV and EXV our experience is unmatched together as a team

i have a very high success rate at drafting which i believe is a huge key to building a long term successful team if we get the team we plan to be around for a long time barring unforeseeable circumstances and will be targeting long term success as our goal

Memphistopheles

Just a tip for all the applicants from one of the other AXV coaches (who will be voting on the winner)

I'm much more inclined to vote for someone who puts in a good application - lists out the Best XV, the strengths and weaknesses of the team, what direction they would take it in etc. Also what would you bring to the competition.

Rather than just a couple of paragraphs saying who you are and what you have done - I'm more interested in what you are going to do from this point on.

I'm posting this as some of the applications so far have been a bit underwhelming...

nas

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 21, 2015, 03:24:36 PM
Just a tip for all the applicants from one of the other AXV coaches (who will be voting on the winner)

I'm much more inclined to vote for someone who puts in a good application - lists out the Best XV, the strengths and weaknesses of the team, what direction they would take it in etc. Also what would you bring to the competition.

Rather than just a couple of paragraphs saying who you are and what you have done - I'm more interested in what you are going to do from this point on.

I'm posting this as some of the applications so far have been a bit underwhelming...

Understand that Memph, really can't say any more as there are 4 people that have applied & that the applications are in & the closing date has passed & really it's in the hands of the current coaches to choose whom they think is best.

kilbluff1985

i think it's dumb having to list the best xv i stated we would be targeting long term success

PowerBug

I agree with Memph on this one, like, is it that difficult to follow the instructions given in the OP?

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 21, 2015, 04:12:28 PM
i think it's dumb having to list the best xv i stated we would be targeting long term success
Well, this is arguably the best list in the competition that just had a bad week in Rd 22. If you want success you will get it with the side you inherit (If you win the voting). Good luck kb and T Dog :)

Quote from: nas on September 21, 2015, 03:50:21 PM
Understand that Memph, really can't say any more as there are 4 people that have applied & that the applications are in & the closing date has passed & really it's in the hands of the current coaches to choose whom they think is best.
You listed your best 15 nas, don't worry and good luck :)

kilbluff1985

seriously why does listing the best xv even matter? a 5 year old could do it

nostradamus

l tend to agree with KB about the naming of the best 15, l see it as largely irrelevant.

But l do think oultining future strategies ....... .drafting and trading is important. As well as percieved weaknesses in the list that need to be addressed.

BB67th

Thanks to all our applicants, voting on this vacant coaching position will be sent out now.

Different coaches will see different parts of applications as more important, so it will be interesting to see who gets the job :)

Memphistopheles

It's up to you what you want to put KB but, I will vote objectively giving the best application my top votes and I can say that in this case it isn't yours.

All you've said is that you've had a bit of experience in XV/XVIII competitions before and that you're a good drafter. Though given you've essentially traded away all your draft picks in BXV this year and didn't make a pick until the 40s in last years BXV I'm not sure you're justified in saying this...

Anyway, I'm not here to argue but to give you pointers because your application let you down in my eyes for the WXV position and will do again here.

Others may have a different opinion and you might get a job in which case I'd welcome you on board but, if you don't then you know what to improve on next time.