Main Menu

Rising Star Hulk

Started by Purple 77, September 09, 2015, 05:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Most beautiful man you'll ever see gets Rising Star Award

It's been a helluva journey this year watching this guy tear apart All-Australian defenders, kicking bags, creating goals and winning over our hearts  :-*

It was Round 4 this year that he overtook Nathan Jones as my most beloved player (and I flowering love Nathan Jones)... it took 4 games for him to do it!

Big Mac and I often displayed our affections on the forum, with Barra making it known as well :P

I just... love him. You know? Like I love him.

Thank you for being you, Jesse. One gets the feeling this isn't the last award you'll receive.

Regards,

XOXOX

:-* :-* :-*

- Melbourne Faithful ME

Purple 77

They say he shaved this morning in preparation for the ceremony...

But it grew back in the hours he was there  :-X

Purple 77

Just... listen to what he had to say here:

QuoteHogan said he wasn’t the most “academic kid in high school”.

“Mum wasn’t too proud of me. I had a lot of half days. Whenever the new COD (Call of Duty) or video game came I’d have a few sick days. She couldn’t get my out of bed and I’d say ‘Mum you’re having a laugh, just call school now and say I’ll be there Wednesday’,”

How can you not love this guy? He's displayed this 'strut' all year. I just, love him, you know?

Toga

Will be a superstar, phenomenal debut season for the Hulk. Hope it's the first of many 8)

Barra13

I was watching when he said that and thought, this guy is a lot like me. Except I couldn't play football as good as him haha.

Grazz

One of the best debut seasons ive seen in 38 years of watching AFL footy. To do it in the position he plays is pretty special. We are all going to enjoy many years of watching him do his thing, who knows how far he can take his name up the ladder of the greats to of played our game. Glad he won it deserved to win it outright.

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on September 10, 2015, 01:04:06 PM
I was watching when he said that and thought, this guy is a lot like me. Except I couldn't play football as good as him haha.

!!!

Big Mac

I still love this

"When Hogan was lining up for one of his three goals against the Doggies last week, rival skipper Robert Murphy was apparently doing his best to put him off by screaming "You can't miss this, you're Melbourne's great white hope".

Indeed, in his 16th season, Murphy probably had every reason to believe that sledging a first-year player might work. Which is why Hogan's response, after kicking the goal, is truly priceless. "And there's your great white hope," he retorted, pointing to Tom Boyd, who was sitting on the Dogs' bench at the time. had been subbed out of the game with just one handball to his name"

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 10, 2015, 06:26:45 PM
I still love this

"When Hogan was lining up for one of his three goals against the Doggies last week, rival skipper Robert Murphy was apparently doing his best to put him off by screaming "You can't miss this, you're Melbourne's great white hope".

Indeed, in his 16th season, Murphy probably had every reason to believe that sledging a first-year player might work. Which is why Hogan's response, after kicking the goal, is truly priceless. "And there's your great white hope," he retorted, pointing to Tom Boyd, who was sitting on the Dogs' bench at the time. had been subbed out of the game with just one handball to his name"

Then there was the incident where he told off Sam Blease in his only VFL game last year, loud enough for everyone at the ground to hear apparently

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 10, 2015, 06:55:51 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on September 10, 2015, 06:26:45 PM
I still love this

Then there was the incident where he told off Sam Blease in his only VFL game last year, loud enough for everyone at the ground to hear apparently

Did you see Blease congratulating him on Twitter? Seemed odd

Barra13

What did he say to Blease?

elephants

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on September 11, 2015, 11:52:34 AM
Quote from: Barra13 on September 11, 2015, 11:24:27 AM
What did he say to Blease?

Oh I wouldn't be able to quote him, but it was something along the lines of:

"BLEASEY! YOU DON'T flowerING STOP CHASING THE OPPONENT AS SOON AS HE GETS THE BALL! LIFT YOUR flowerING GAME!"

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 10, 2015, 07:17:37 PM

And no... was it genuine? Sarcastic? Tense?

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 11, 2015, 02:35:12 PM

Sam Blease ‏@Sam_Blease 2h2 hours ago
Congrats to @jesseBhogan on winning the rising star, great footballer and even better bloke! #hulkhogan

Max Gawn ‏@gawndog37 1h1 hour ago
@Sam_Blease @jesseBhogan when did u two become best mates

jamesmagner ‏@jamesmag23 1h1 hour ago
@gawndog37 @Sam_Blease @jesseBhogan max pls

elephants

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 11, 2015, 05:08:09 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 11, 2015, 02:35:12 PM

Sam Blease ‏@Sam_Blease 2h2 hours ago
Congrats to @jesseBhogan on winning the rising star, great footballer and even better bloke! #hulkhogan

Max Gawn ‏@gawndog37 1h1 hour ago
@Sam_Blease @jesseBhogan when did u two become best mates

jamesmagner ‏@jamesmag23 1h1 hour ago
@gawndog37 @Sam_Blease @jesseBhogan max pls

hahaha bants