Main Menu

BUDDY OUT

Started by valkorum, September 08, 2015, 01:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Yeh fibula is flower all really. Quite a few players have only missed 2-4 weeks

My Chumps

Huh, didn't know all that. Cheers gents.

I'm pretty confident of getting past North this weekend to be honest so I'd definitely be saving him for next week.

SydneyRox

Tom harley said Jack is a chance to come back this week, Parker none, but they were both running today, so surely if we get past north, Parker comes in.

jvalles69

Just saw a rumour pop up (a facebook AFL update page) that said Buddy was considering retirement after the grand final?!?!?  :o  Anyone heard these rumours from a reputable source?  Poor guy, but if this issue he has is affecting him so much, there are more important things in life that footy, especially with the tragedies we've had this year.  :(

http://news.betswaps.com/2015/10/01/the-end-for-lance-buddy-franklin/

Capper

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 01, 2015, 05:41:58 PM
Just saw a rumour pop up (a facebook AFL update page) that said Buddy was considering retirement after the grand final?!?!?  :o  Anyone heard these rumours from a reputable source?  Poor guy, but if this issue he has is affecting him so much, there are more important things in life that footy, especially with the tragedies we've had this year.  :(

yep heard the rumour up here about 2-3 weeks ago. He will wait till next year and then decide

Ricochet

I certainly hope not, he still has so much to offer to football

jvalles69

Quote from: Capper on October 01, 2015, 06:42:52 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 01, 2015, 05:41:58 PM

yep heard the rumour up here about 2-3 weeks ago. He will wait till next year and then decide

Is it by choice do you think, of by force due to other off field issues?  Lot's of people putting out some possibly ill informed comments on social media is the reason I'm asking...

Dudge

I know it's only a rumour, and I don't give it a lot of weight, but if this was to happen, does it put his trade scenario in murky waters?

jvalles69

Quote from: Dudge on October 01, 2015, 08:47:39 PM
I know it's only a rumour, and I don't give it a lot of weight, but if this was to happen, does it put his trade scenario in murky waters?

Sydney will be screwed as Buddy will be under their salary cap for 7 more years, they were warned about offering such a long term contract.

Ziplock

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 01, 2015, 09:00:58 PM

Sydney will be screwed as Buddy will be under their salary cap for 7 more years, they were warned about offering such a long term contract.

Yeah, they knew what they were doing that and the risks.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ziplock on October 01, 2015, 09:52:45 PM

if buddy pulls the pin of mental health issues, i cant see the afl enforcing that part of the deal

buddy would get a payout and we move on, must admit the whole where there is smoke there is fire worries me

Dudge

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 01, 2015, 10:12:24 PM

if buddy pulls the pin of mental health issues, i cant see the afl enforcing that part of the deal

buddy would get a payout and we move on, must admit the whole where there is smoke there is fire worries me

jvalles69

Can't find it now, but AFL already have said that they won't get any compensation I think.

SydneyRox

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 01, 2015, 10:28:14 PM

Can't find it now, but AFL already have said that they won't get any compensation I think.

yeah, but that was based on buddy seeing out 4-5 years and retiring from injury etc not mental health after less than 2years

Dudge

Quote from: Dudge on October 01, 2015, 10:26:26 PM

That's what I;m alluding to SR, for a big power forward to sign a 9 year deal, and after 2/3 years this happens, makes you wonder. It put most, if not all of the other clubs out of reach. Really sad for Bud if it was to happen, but then again he has Jesinta ;D