Main Menu

BUDDY OUT

Started by valkorum, September 08, 2015, 01:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCSkiwi

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 08, 2015, 11:58:13 PM
As I see it, will do one of two things.

1. Bring the group together like the bloods spirit is supposed to do. Backs to the wall and now serious underdogs. We have the team to compete if everyone plays like they can and they put Freo off their game
2. The whole thing goes to poo and we get spanked by 100 then fall out in straight sets

Personally I think #1. Doesnt mean we go on to win the game, but would mean we wine game 2.

Yeah I agree, freo could be a tough ask but whoever they end up playing the following week I'd back them to get up. They play the winner of Tigers/Norf if the lose, correct? I'd back them there. Then it will just be a case of fitness if they can keep going.

Quote from: Frankfaust1 on September 08, 2015, 10:05:03 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 08, 2015, 09:41:10 PM
Watching 360 tonight and all the interviews they had with people discussing it, 99% sounds like depression is what he is dealing with

I'm a bit confused. I read he'd had a seizure. That's not depression and it's not a mental illness.  :o

Wish him well, anyway.

Honestly, and I'm really not saying this to be a prick, but I reckon substance abuse... Would flower up your brain enough to cause both seizures and depression. I know rumours have been floating around this for aaaages and have been denied repeatedly, but it's a relatively simple explanation that stacks up... Club is saying it's anxiety combined with a mild form of epilepsy here: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/seizure-sparks-crisis-for-lance-franklin-and-swans-20150908-gji2lz.html (Trigger warning: Caro Wilson). But it seems odd that it's an issue now but never was during his time at the hawks. Not impossible at all, but the cumulative effects of recreational drugs also tie up the package... If it looks like a duck...

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Frankfaust1 on September 08, 2015, 10:05:03 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 08, 2015, 09:41:10 PM
Watching 360 tonight and all the interviews they had with people discussing it, 99% sounds like depression is what he is dealing with

I'm a bit confused. I read he'd had a seizure. That's not depression and it's not a mental illness.  :o

Wish him well, anyway.

well they can be triggered by anxiety which is a symptom of depression

Ziplock

Yeah, I think some papers are confused and are equating the epilepsy as the mental illness.

shaker

All said and done all the best for him but that 10 year contract is looking very shaky for the Swans

Ricochet

Longmire just said Buddy won't play for the rest of the year now

j959

Quote from: Ricochet on September 14, 2015, 02:40:44 PM
Longmire just said Buddy won't play for the rest of the year now
won't say 'stick a fork in us' but it makes things more difficult esp with Sam Reid out too ...  :P

honestly, Parker and Jack are the bigger outs ...  ::)   :(

i'd be confident of us taking the Roos - should be a cracking game - but we're going to have to take every chance and kick straight for goal (say Capt. Obvious) ... but after that ...  :-X   :P    ;)

SydneyRox

parker should be back for prelim? smith back this week, just going to need a nank/towers play out of their skin this weekend

meow meow

My Chumps

Didn't Luke Parker break his flowering leg? Jesus christ, this guy is tough as nails.

"Luke Parker is walking past my office and doing cartwheels but he'd have to do a pretty good set of cartwheels the rest of the week to be able to play," Longmire said.
"It's unlikely he'll be able to play, we certainly won't risk him. At the same token he's coming along pretty well."

GCSkiwi

Quote from: My Chumps on September 15, 2015, 02:02:46 AM
Didn't Luke Parker break his flowering leg? Jesus christ, this guy is tough as nails.

"Luke Parker is walking past my office and doing cartwheels but he'd have to do a pretty good set of cartwheels the rest of the week to be able to play," Longmire said.
"It's unlikely he'll be able to play, we certainly won't risk him. At the same token he's coming along pretty well."

Yeah, broke his fibula, the smaller bone in your shin region. Or a small lie, depending on your dad-joke capacity. But still not a bad effort.

Ziplock

Quote from: GCSkiwi on September 15, 2015, 07:16:50 AM

Yeah, broke his fibula, the smaller bone in your shin region. Or a small lie, depending on your dad-joke capacity. But still not a bad effort.

pretty sure you can actually have middle portion of the fibula removed and still have a pretty stable leg, it's not actually weight bearing from memory, you only really need the proximal and distal ends :P

Give the bloke a run #cut4parker

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on September 15, 2015, 12:01:11 PM

pretty sure you can actually have middle portion of the fibula removed and still have a pretty stable leg, it's not actually weight bearing from memory, you only really need the proximal and distal ends :P

surely you dont make him play this week.

If you cant beat North without him then you cant beat Eagles at home with him.

Grazz

It doesn't carry alot of weight but does support around 15%-20% of a persons weight depending on their stance. Someone other than sportsmen/women may be able to have a portion removed and be fine although im not sure on this tbh. The Fib does help support the ankle and give it stability and you can often break it when rolling an ankle (have done this) but is usually close to the ankle joint . Athletes such as runners can often be back running within a week or two without to much trouble or any pain but for athletes that play a more physical game 4-6 weeks is more the norm ie those that play soccer football rugby and even netball. If Parker was to return early i'd really like to see him where a quality shinguard to protect it more from any impact but he would certainly be taking an increased risk of breaking it again depending on what type of break and where he had it if he was to suffer some kind of ankle injury which in our game there's a high risk of.

Ziplock

Quote from: Holz on September 15, 2015, 12:04:06 PM

Fair enough statement.

Yeah Grazz, I wasn't really sure about it's impact on athletes, I didn't have a chance to look it up.

I wouldn't play him. If the swans get past north and need him then make the call.

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on September 15, 2015, 05:06:12 PM
Quote from: Holz on September 15, 2015, 12:04:06 PM

Fair enough statement.

Yeah Grazz, I wasn't really sure about it's impact on athletes, I didn't have a chance to look it up.

I wouldn't play him. If the swans get past north and need him then make the call.

Was chatting with my physio about it and he gave me the low down, even though ive broken it by rolling an ankle im no expert on it but remembered a bit of info i was told. It's a pretty common break for sporting types.