Richmond Offseason/Preseason Megathread 2015/2016

Started by Nige, September 08, 2015, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

quinny88

frenzy

Your first born should be given up to lure Stef Martin back to Melbourne. I would be giving draft picks, future draft picks and even a player to get the job done. Don't know if the tigers have any young Queenslanders on their list, so if it takes a Lennon or a Lambert that's what I'd be doing.

BigMac_93

I recon we can still get Treloar, Pies are often hard to deal with at the trade table (e.g beams last year). If we offer GWS a better deal than the pies do, it can happen. Also it was reportedly a close call for Treloar between us and Collingwood, so I don't think he would be too unhappy at Richmond.

Another ruckman to support Maric would be great. Stefan Martin, Leuenberger and Kreuzer are all gettable this trade period. Maybe Hampson could be exchanged, I don't mind him as a player, but he is too good to be playing VFL every week.

Might not be true but I heard our interest in Aish has cooled which disappoints me. He is a top 10 draft pick who won a premiership at SANFL level while still a junior. He can play.

Dudge

Been thinking about the Tigers, and reckon ( although different scenarios ), your like us, Port, from 2001 to 2003. We played great in the regular season, but fell short in finals. 2004 came along and things went our way. It's tough right now, but I believe you're on the right path. You honestly just gotta stick fat, the rewards will come

Grazz

Quote from: Dudge on September 14, 2015, 10:04:46 PM
Been thinking about the Tigers, and reckon ( although different scenarios ), your like us, Port, from 2001 to 2003. We played great in the regular season, but fell short in finals. 2004 came along and things went our way. It's tough right now, but I believe you're on the right path. You honestly just gotta stick fat, the rewards will come

West Coast was the same weren't they then won a flag.

Nige

Toga

Newman, Foley, Knights and Petterd all retiring, joined by Arnot and McDonough who have been delisted.

I'm a bit sad that McDonough is being delisted always thought he had something that we didn't really get to see :'(

Nige

Quote from: Toga on September 15, 2015, 04:27:52 PM
Newman, Foley, Knights and Petterd all retiring, joined by Arnot and McDonough who have been delisted.

I'm a bit sad that McDonough is being delisted always thought he had something that we didn't really get to see :'(
Both weren't utilised right from day one, that was half the problem.

Arnot, more so than McDonough, was kinda inconsistent in the VFL. There's probably a slight chance one or both gets picked up, but I'm sad to see them go.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on September 14, 2015, 02:45:04 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 14, 2015, 02:41:57 PM
Should trade someone to get a top 8 pick and get Rhys Mathieson
I'd expect Clayton Oliver to be available around our pick, he'd be perfect.

One of these 3 will be good viable picks at your selection;

1. Dunkley
2. Tucker
3. Oliver

Jroo

Madonna  :'(

Surely he gets picked up somewhere else

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Pkbaldy on September 15, 2015, 04:32:16 PM
Quote from: Nige on September 14, 2015, 02:45:04 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 14, 2015, 02:41:57 PM
Should trade someone to get a top 8 pick and get Rhys Mathieson
I'd expect Clayton Oliver to be available around our pick, he'd be perfect.

One of these 3 will be good viable picks at your selection;

1. Dunkley
2. Tucker
3. Oliver
As long as they are fast and ready to go.

Nige

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Nige on September 16, 2015, 06:02:55 PM
SEN reckons we're looking at Jed Lamb.
Are GWS looking for a packet of chips in exchange?

Bill Manspeaker