Richmond Offseason/Preseason Megathread 2015/2016

Started by Nige, September 08, 2015, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellogscrunchynut

Heard we've been looking at Travis Colyer.

kilbluff1985

quinny88

I thought they signed him up already but could be wrong

shaker

The disappointing thing for me is we desperately need a Treloar or Danger quality player but it is not going to happen because once again we will have no top end draft pick and the only players worth any currency are our guns which is robbing peter to pay paul so looks like we will end up with one of the most under achieving players in the comp Yarran which will only help us when he can be bothered making an effort

Holz

You guys need Sj

Someone who has the experience of winning. Waite NDS and Higgins have been huge ins for us.

Danger is a Free Agent so you could pick him up for nothing.

shaker

Quote from: Holz on September 14, 2015, 09:17:39 AM
You guys need Sj

Someone who has the experience of winning. Waite NDS and Higgins have been huge ins for us.

Danger is a Free Agent so you could pick him up for nothing.

You are right Holz but the offloading all there players at the Cats says to me if Danger leaves the Crows there is only one place he is heading was using him more as quality of player we need so unless there is another gun free agent up for grabs it looks like another slim year for us Aish , Bennell will command higher draft picks than we have and Treloar looks set for the pies we will end with a pick around 14 or 15 maybe after compensation picks so it's hard to see us landing any quality with that unless we throw in a good player as well

Toga

There's trading of future picks now anyhow so it makes our ladder position not as important regarding trading picks.

Nige

Quote from: Toga on September 14, 2015, 09:57:12 AM
There's trading of future picks now anyhow so it makes our ladder position not as important regarding trading picks.
I think I remember reading something that suggested we would give our first round pick this year and next for Treloar if it came to that whereas the Pies weren't keen to do that and GWS might be keen on the picks.

Toga

Let's just hope the Pies do us a favour and play hardball for the deal to fall through >:D

quinny88

Marty White the only player of note that has left us in recent times which includes traded players. Can't remember the last time we traded a player? Maybe it's time to start looking at that if we want to secure a big name. Players like Conca, Griffiths, Grigg have currency and while I wouldn't necessarily want to see them traded if throwing one of them in as well as draft picks means we can secure someone I'd be happy to see it happen.

Kellogscrunchynut

Should trade someone to get a top 8 pick and get Rhys Mathieson

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 14, 2015, 02:41:57 PM
Should trade someone to get a top 8 pick and get Rhys Mathieson
I'd expect Clayton Oliver to be available around our pick, he'd be perfect.

Kellogscrunchynut

Hang on I always forget this but is our pick based on our finals performance or our ladder position?

Bill Manspeaker

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 14, 2015, 03:12:13 PM
Hang on I always forget this but is our pick based on our finals performance or our ladder position?
Pretty sure it's finals.

Freo had the pick after us last year in the draft even though they finished 4th but because they went out in straight sets.