Main Menu

Demons off season/trade thread

Started by Barra13, September 08, 2015, 11:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barra13

Jones 27, Melksham 24

Brayshaw 19, Petracca 19, Gawn 23, Garland 26 (UFA),

Dunn 27, Hogan 20, Viney 20, Lumumba 28, Kennedy-Harris20, Salem 19, Vandenberg 23, Neal-Bullen 19, Stretch 18, Kennedy* 21, Bugg* 23

Trengove 22, Dawes 26, Grimes 25 (RFA), Watts 24 (RFA),  Vince 29, Tyson* 21, Kent 21, M Jones 27, Spencer 25 (UFA), T McDonald 22, Terlich 25, Jetta 25, Garlett 25, Frost 21, Newton 22, O McDonald 19, Pedersen 28,  King ®19, White ®18, Smith ®20, Hunt 19, Harmes 19

Michie 23,

OUT (8): Cross (Ret.), Jamar (Del.), McKenzie (Del.), Riley (Del.), Bail (Del.), Fitzpatrick (Del.), Howe (T), Toumpas (T)

INS (9) : Melksham, Kennedy, Bugg, Smith ®, Vandenberg (Upgraded), Harmes (Upgraded), ND3, ND7, ND35~, ND39~, ND74~,

Open Spots - PL: 3 RL: 2

* = Require confirmation...

Barra13

It was reported on one of the radio stations this morning that we have asked Kreuzer in for a medical.

Barra13

From what I am reading, Kreuzer failed the medical for a couple of clubs, but Collingwood is heavily involved in him.

Toga

Quote from: Barra13 on September 10, 2015, 01:10:05 PM
From what I am reading, Kreuzer failed the medical for a couple of clubs, but Collingwood is heavily involved in him.

Apparently the failed medicals are completely untrue.

Barra13

Ah, well there you go. I read that there could also be a trade involving Witts and Kreuzer so it looks like Collingwood are all over him.

Purple 77

I wonder if we will get this coveted star midfielder that we've wanted to get for a few years now...

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 10, 2015, 04:46:30 PM
I wonder if we will get this coveted star midfielder that we've wanted to get for a few years now...

Very very unlikely  :(

Maybe when we show the potential to win a premiership, but until then...

Barra13

Unless it is Harley Bennell? On field, he is everything the Demons need in my eyes. Fast, can kick goals, can tear apart a game and has that X factor.

Ricochet

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-09-11/jamars-time-at-melbourne-comes-to-an-end

QuoteRUCKMAN Mark Jamar’s fine career with Melbourne has come to a close, after 155 AFL games from 2003-15.

Jamar, 32, addressed the players and coaches at AAMI Park on Thursday that his time with Melbourne after more than a decade had come to an end, after the club did not offer him a contract for 2016.

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on September 11, 2015, 02:42:07 PM
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-09-11/jamars-time-at-melbourne-comes-to-an-end

QuoteRUCKMAN Mark Jamar’s fine career with Melbourne has come to a close, after 155 AFL games from 2003-15.

Jamar, 32, addressed the players and coaches at AAMI Park on Thursday that his time with Melbourne after more than a decade had come to an end, after the club did not offer him a contract for 2016.

Not surprising.

Well done on a solid career Jamar. I always appreciated your loyalty.

You could say... he's GAWN! :P

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on September 11, 2015, 11:17:34 AM
Unless it is Harley Bennell? On field, he is everything the Demons need in my eyes. Fast, can kick goals, can tear apart a game and has that X factor.

I'd absolutely love him!

Our off-field is very stable... even then, do we really care about off-field issues, if it meant we were good on field?

I certainly wouldn't.

Barra13

Apparently Melbourne has pulled out of the race for Bennell. For what reason, I am not sure. Could be that GC are asking too much? Roos might not want the off-field antics at the club? Who knows.

There are also whispers that Melbourne are heavily into Hamish Hartlett. Could be an interesting addition.

Howe has stated that he has almost sealed a deal to extend his time at the club.

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on September 15, 2015, 10:22:36 AM
Apparently Melbourne has pulled out of the race for Bennell. For what reason, I am not sure. Could be that GC are asking too much? Roos might not want the off-field antics at the club? Who knows.

There are also whispers that Melbourne are heavily into Hamish Hartlett. Could be an interesting addition.

Howe has stated that he has almost sealed a deal to extend his time at the club.

Very interesting points here.

I'm 50/50 about HH, but wouldn't say no to him I suppose. I wouldn't give our first rounder, unless we got theirs as well in something like our first + second for HH + first rounder.

A shame about Harley. But will trust Roos & co. We know how desperate they are to attract talent, so there must be a good reason.

Jeremy Howe... I've felt like he was gonna leave all year. All these reports surprise me... I guess I'm OK with him staying... am I? Nah yeah, I am... I think.

Oh yeah, WHAT IS THE BULL shower ABOUT JAKE MELKSHAM?!

Talent, Roos! You said flowering talent!

What the flower!

Ricochet

I reckon Melksham could add to Melb what Monfries added to Port in his first year

Barra13

Personally I wouldn't want Melksham at the club. I believe Essendon want a second and first round pick for him. Definitely not worth it.