Main Menu

bye bye Harley

Started by Ricochet, September 07, 2015, 11:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: Southstorm on September 07, 2015, 05:26:08 PM
He'll have no problems in Melbourne, the nightlife down here sucks anyway. After living with the strip he'll probably want to stay in on saturdays given the alternative.

Haha it's not that bad is it?

Quote from: Ricochet on September 07, 2015, 04:50:28 PM
Sam McClure ‏@sam_mcclure
Breaking news:

Gold Coast Suns putting Harley Bennell up for trade. Melbourne and Essendon two interested Vic clubs. 2 years left on deal.

Interesting....I'd take him at the dees

elephants

He's exactly what the Eagles need, genuine possibility Imo.

nrich102

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-09-07/statement-harley-bennell

The Gold Coast SUNS today advised Harley Bennell that he will be traded during the upcoming exchange period.

The club was this morning made aware that Bennell was issued with a public nuisance notice and as a result held a series of meetings with coaching staff, the player leadership group and Bennell’s management throughout the day.

Chief Executive Andrew Travis confirmed that the decision to trade Bennell was unified.

“The decision was made unanimously following a series of meetings that included discussions with club administration, coaching staff, the player leadership group and Harley’s management.

“Despite the incident this morning being relatively minor, it’s the view of the club, our coaches and player leadership group that Harley is unable to make long term change required to remain with the Gold Coast SUNS.

“When Harley returned to football we outlined a program and a series of actions that he needed to follow to have a future at the SUNS. We also made clear to Harley and our entire playing group the expectations we had of them as players and representatives of this club.

“We may be one of the AFL’s youngest clubs but we are a proud club and we understand the privilege we all have to represent our supporters and the Gold Coast community. No matter what we say, we will be judged on our actions, not on our words and it is important to say today that the Player Leadership Group has fully supported the actions of the club in regard to this matter.”

Travis confirmed the club remained committed to supporting Bennell’s off-field program.

“We have been working collaboratively with Harley, his manager, and the AFL Players Association for some time. That responsibility is something we take very seriously and it will continue,” Travis added.

The club will now work with Bennell’s management to seek an appropriate trade.

Big Mac

fanTCfool

He is only 22, and boy has he shown some signs.
Blues fan, but I reckon he could fit in well with the Dees, as Paul Roos of all people could get his head pulled in.

Southstorm

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 07, 2015, 06:07:04 PM
So what's he worth?  :P
Minimum second round pick and a decent player, surely.

fanTCfool

7 News tonight reported that the Demons do not want Bennell, he's going to end up at the Hawks isn't he...

tbagrocks

Yes Please ;D

Recruit him and throw him in a ring with Tex

nas

Could Hinkley control him?

Pkbaldy

Alan Richo will kick his bloke into gear. He'd be so good for the Saints.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: fanTCfool on September 07, 2015, 08:11:02 PM
7 News tonight reported that the Demons do not want Bennell, he's going to end up at the Hawks isn't he...

he sure is. the rich get richer  ::)

T Dog

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on September 07, 2015, 08:47:34 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on September 07, 2015, 08:11:02 PM

he sure is. the rich get richer  ::)

perhaps a replacement for Neon Leon kicking in at the  Pies.. Harley can kick.  :)

Grazz

Quote from: TomK on September 07, 2015, 05:27:18 PM
I hope the Crows go hard for him. Would be a perfect fit.

Amen to that in a heartbeat i'd take him, no nightlife in Adelaide to worry about haha.  :P

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Grazz on September 07, 2015, 09:35:15 PM

Amen to that in a heartbeat i'd take him, no nightlife in Adelaide to worry about haha.  :P

Adelaide has some of the best nightlife in Aus!

Grazz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 07, 2015, 09:37:05 PM
Quote from: Grazz on September 07, 2015, 09:35:15 PM

Adelaide has some of the best nightlife in Aus!

Sarcasm mate. > :P

Go you Doggies  ;)