FLOWERIN McVEIGH, if it wasnt bad enough

Started by tbagrocks, September 05, 2015, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Anyone else get caught trading a player to McVeigh? flower me stupid ::)

I blame Gil McStupid and the flower pot Brad "The flower pot" Scott

flower me, all my players including Brodie Smith who had 31 at Qtr time before subbed, are dominating, PRIZE WAS MINE!!

SJ, Danger, Smith, Blitzcavs, S Martin, Martin, Delids, Zorko, Rocky (C), Selwood, Bonti

Sheesh, flower me! Mundy, Boyd and McVeigh out

Anyone else share my pain?

iZander

wasn't mcviegh out on like  friday morning? How'd you get caught trading to him :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: iZander on September 05, 2015, 04:44:51 PM
wasn't mcviegh out on like  friday morning? How'd you get caught trading to him :P
Saw Fridays paper teams and too much else going on to notice Sydney had made a change ::)

Clubs should be FORCED to tell us if a player is unlikely to play!

iZander

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 05, 2015, 04:47:54 PM
Saw Fridays paper teams and too much else going on to notice Sydney had made a change ::)

Haha, easy mistake to make i guess :P
Had Mundy, Murphy and Mcviegh all out in the defence :( not to mention goldy and swan

pommyadam

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 05, 2015, 04:40:59 PM

flower me, all my players including Brodie Smith who had 31 at Qtr time before subbed, are dominating, PRIZE WAS MINE!!

SJ, Danger, Smith, Blitzcavs, S Martin, Martin, Delids, Zorko, Rocky (C), Selwood, Bonti

I too, dislike my players scoring tons
and in Rockys and Smartin's case, 150s (or near enough)

Dudge

Playing you in FF Elite Chat GF, and thought to myself, whats Tbag upto trading McVeigh in :o

Grazz

Quote from: Dudge on September 05, 2015, 08:38:54 PM

Playing you in FF Elite Chat GF, and thought to myself, whats Tbag upto trading McVeigh in :o

Leading you into a false sense of security.  :P

Dave085

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 05, 2015, 04:47:54 PM

Your first mistake was reading the paper.

The_Captain

Yeah, Mundy, Boyd, Mcveigh, swan cooked me.

Was planning on trading lambert to mitchell  before the carnage.... What do you know, mitchell pumps out 162 and my opponent has him as captain. I go onto lose gf by 17 points. FFS!!!!! Should of won easier.

My recommendation... This will continue in afl. Only way to stop it is to have gf for fantasy in round 22. Which i will want to happen next year if i join cash league. Better players seem to get the rest, so better teams normally are are worst position...

Grazz

Quote from: The_Captain on September 07, 2015, 10:45:02 AM

Was planning on trading lambert to mitchell  before the carnage.... What do you know, mitchell pumps out 162 and my opponent has him as captain. I go onto lose gf by 17 points. FFS!!!!! Should of won easier.

My recommendation... This will continue in afl. Only way to stop it is to have gf for fantasy in round 22. Which i will want to happen next year if i join cash league. Better players seem to get the rest, so better teams normally are are worst position...

Thats the drama we have in Fantasy we go after the better players generally most are from the better teams which leads us into these situations every bloody year. Im all for kicking it off Round 1 of the AFL year hence avoiding alot of the carnage also i'd like to see the AFL give the top 8 a week off before commencing finals for two reasons 1) it protects the integrity of the minor round games and avoids the situation we had this year which could be even worse in years to come if something isnt done to avoid these mass restings and 2) nowhere near as important as the 1st but it would certainly help out those of us that enjoy fantasy footy, win win for everyone. ;)

The_Captain

Quote from: Grazz on September 07, 2015, 06:10:23 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on September 07, 2015, 10:45:02 AM

Thats the drama we have in Fantasy we go after the better players generally most are from the better teams which leads us into these situations every bloody year. Im all for kicking it off Round 1 of the AFL year hence avoiding alot of the carnage also i'd like to see the AFL give the top 8 a week off before commencing finals for two reasons 1) it protects the integrity of the minor round games and avoids the situation we had this year which could be even worse in years to come if something isnt done to avoid these mass restings and 2) nowhere near as important as the 1st but it would certainly help out those of us that enjoy fantasy footy, win win for everyone. ;)

Both great ideas Grazz!! Love them

pommyadam

Im all for kicking it off Round 1 of the AFL year hence avoiding alot of the carnage also i'd like to see the AFL give the top 8 a week off before commencing finals for two reasons

won't start in rd1 due to the rolling lockout, you could (in theory) copy all your opponents PODs after the first game and beat him
and the AFL won't give a week off to the top 8 because of the teams in contention (you could have made a case for Geelong before they lost to Collingwood in rd22 - that's really hard for scheduling)

Grazz

Quote from: pommyadam on September 09, 2015, 09:00:37 AM
Im all for kicking it off Round 1 of the AFL year hence avoiding alot of the carnage also i'd like to see the AFL give the top 8 a week off before commencing finals for two reasons

won't start in rd1 due to the rolling lockout, you could (in theory) copy all your opponents PODs after the first game and beat him
and the AFL won't give a week off to the top 8 because of the teams in contention (you could have made a case for Geelong before they lost to Collingwood in rd22 - that's really hard for scheduling)

That's easy enough fixed, you don't see your opponents team till full lockout which is pretty much how it is anyway, you can't see anyones team till lockout now. Whatever it takes anything is better than the same drama we have every year. It's the best way to fix it.
The week off would be after round 23 before finals commence, the AFL reportedly looking at it to as one option.