Rookie Draft Thread

Started by Jukes, September 03, 2015, 03:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

sorry guys CK has been busy he cant pick he isnt home he said just to pass

it's nearly the end if he needs to pick more to fill his list he can after i guess

Jukes

Yeah I'll allow coaches to add/exchange players at their will from the unselected pool after the draft, just gotta send me a pm with the requested change/s.

Nige

So basically a kind of free agency in a way? I'd be down with that.

Jukes

Quote from: Nige on December 17, 2015, 12:56:42 AM
So basically a kind of free agency in a way? I'd be down with that.

yeah exactly, first in first serve (but it's not like there's too much talent left)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Jukes on December 17, 2015, 12:55:13 AM
Yeah I'll allow coaches to add/exchange players at their will from the unselected pool after the draft, just gotta send me a pm with the requested change/s.

don't have that open for to long though

powersuperkents

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 17, 2015, 04:55:55 AM
Quote from: Jukes on December 17, 2015, 12:55:13 AM

don't have that open for to long though
Shouldn't we have a waiver wire for free agents (people before the club nominating the player can decide whether to bid or not bid within a 24 hour time frame - or reject the opportunity to bid)?

If a club recruits a FA (bid or uncontested) there drop to the end of the waiver wire (giving them last priority). It also works this way because how likely will it be for anyone to actually bid (could make it a 2hour limit even - looking at the leftover players it's not like anyone will get annoyed or feel cheated hahaha)

Jukes

I'm fine with coaches just picking up who they want and however many times, we've had two whole drafts I'm sure if a coach had their eye on a certain talent they would have picked them up by now.

But yeah I'll only allow it to happen for the week following the end of the draft.

kilbluff1985

the only issue i can kinda see is if i wanted to pick up a rookie player now i'd have to drop a NAT draftee

so then can any team pick up that NAT draftee or what and what happens if multiple teams want him

Jukes

That's why you shouldn't use this unless you have to, you drop a player and he's fair game for everybody else to pick up.

elephants

powersuperkents

Quote from: elephants on December 18, 2015, 01:15:43 PM
Ryan Davis cheers fellas
Why am I not surprised that you picked up a former Eagle  :P

Memphistopheles

Football Factory

Quote from: powersuperkents on December 18, 2015, 01:20:13 PM
Quote from: elephants on December 18, 2015, 01:15:43 PM
Ryan Davis cheers fellas
Why am I not surprised that you picked up a former Eagle  :P

I think I have 3 players from Freo or WC in my AXVIII DT and AXVIII SC teams ... reason being you have to be bloody quick around here if you want one  :P

elephants

Not even sure I have spots on my list and I cant check it atm but I'll take J.Snadden in case I have room

Jukes

Alright so now that all of the regulation picks have been done, can people please check their lists and pm me if they want/need to add players to reach 52, exchange a player, or drop players if they're over 52 (due to administrative and/or communicative errors I guess).