Matchday 6 - Semi Finals!

Started by Levi434, August 18, 2015, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Holz on August 24, 2015, 05:06:25 PM
Im going to say your clearly the second best team in XVs
I agree, Christchurch is the only team better

Toga

Holy shower I just saw this! What a move by meow! 8)

Memphistopheles

The first season of the Champions League seems a bit biased to WXV teams...

Also the fact a team can make the final with Jeff Garlett and Zac Dawson on field beggars belief

PowerBug

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 24, 2015, 05:54:49 PM

Also the fact a team can make the final with Jeff Garlett and Zac Dawson on field beggars belief
Will definitely be worked on for future seasons. So I take it you will be supporting the UAE Tigers in the final? ;)

Saints did get lucky by being in an easy group, but that is the luck you need. If it was just the highest scoring team each week it would be boring and predictable. Zac Dawson did make me laugh, meow will probably name his reserves this week and still win.

Holz

Quote from: PowerBug on August 24, 2015, 06:02:04 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 24, 2015, 05:54:49 PM

Will definitely be worked on for future seasons. So I take it you will be supporting the UAE Tigers in the final? ;)

Saints did get lucky by being in an easy group, but that is the luck you need. If it was just the highest scoring team each week it would be boring and predictable. Zac Dawson did make me laugh, meow will probably name his reserves this week and still win.

I may be wrong but I think Dublin would have outscored Christchurch >90%  of the time this year, so losing would be pretty stiff.

I dont think they will get 571 from 3 players next week either.

meow meow

Quote from: PowerBug on August 24, 2015, 06:02:04 PM
Zac Dawson did make me laugh, meow will probably name his reserves this week and still win.

I had to play Zac Dawson. My D1 (Picken), D2 (Roberton) and D3 (Dempster) were all out, and their replacements in Lever and Buntine were also out injured. Holz scoffed at us scoring 1512 this week, but I'd like to see how Dublin would go with their 3 best defenders + 3 starting mids out.

PowerBug

Wait, what happened? I'm sure I saw that UAE won this matchup?

Hellopplz

Quote from: PowerBug on August 25, 2015, 11:06:24 PM
Wait, what happened? I'm sure I saw that UAE won this matchup?
Think there was a miscalculation and Dublin got home in the correction :-X.