National Draft Thread

Started by Jukes, August 28, 2015, 12:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Is it bad I didn't even know we had a coach with that name?  :-[ :-X

Football Factory

Quote from: Nige on November 29, 2015, 11:02:42 AM

I remember him  ;D  but its been a while since ive seen him around, spoke to him.

powersuperkents

I've had the same concerns FF and was also going to bring it up after 24 hours

It's a tough situation, because a two day skipping policy is regular practice but it flowers over the draft order and I would prefer someone make the selection (I feel uncomfortable making the 7th selection with pick 8 - my team would unfairly benefit because of one coach's absence)

If anyone knows him outside of FanFooty forums, please make it known. It's good FF has addressed this concern because the last thing we want is for this draft to extend over a months time

I think we should still wait 24 hours (from Pope's selection), and if he has not selected wait another 24 hours (in which he can still make the selection if he comes online, while someone finds an impartial interim to make the selection for him)

Nige

Without trying to sound like a dickhead, if he hasn't been on for 3 weeks, I don't really see another 48 hours being that helpful. Better off finding a new coach to replace him and then if he really wants to be coach again here, he can be co-coach or assistant to whoever takes over.

We've basically just done something similar in AXVs.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Nige on November 29, 2015, 11:02:42 AM
He posts his team on a weekly basis

However, he has been completely absent over this off-season

It's important we don't draw conclusions because we do not know what's going on in his personal life

I think what we need to remember was that he was available, and present throughout, all drafts last off-season. So we should give him the benefit of the doubt unless his period of absence becomes unreasonable and prevents us from continuing the draft

powersuperkents

Quote from: Nige on November 29, 2015, 11:59:50 AM
Without trying to sound like a dickhead, if he hasn't been on for 3 weeks, I don't really see another 48 hours being that helpful. Better off finding a new coach to replace him and then if he really wants to be coach again here, he can be co-coach or assistant to whoever takes over.

We could just give him Weitering if he has not made his selection by the 24 hour mark (after Pope's pick) - as the first selected player

Nige

Yeah, well that's happened before (happens in Worlds, I know that) where the best available player gets allocated to the team/coach that doesn't pick in time.

nas

Quote from: powersuperkents on November 29, 2015, 12:03:03 PM

We could just give him Weitering if he has not made his selection by the 24 hour mark (after Pope's pick) - as the first selected player

How's this then,
                      I'm currently doing the AXV's UAE Tigers & could be his unofficial Co Coach with drafting / delisting etc until he is found to help along. Failure for CK to appear then it would be up to Admin / Admins  to re appoint a Head Coach.

powersuperkents

"2. THE ANNUAL NATIONAL DRAFT: This draft will be 6 rounds of selections from the players taken in the AFL National Draft.

* The National draft order will be performed in reverse order from the Ladder Position from the previous season.

* The draft order will repeat.

* Each team will be allocated 6 picks to be used in the draft, they may trade them or pass

* The National Draft will contain players only from the most recently completed AFL National Draft

* You will forfeit your draft pick if you have not picked within 24 hrs of the preceding pick or within 2 hrs of being on line following preceding pick.  Should this situation occur you may take you pick at any time following from players still available. Admin discretion will be used here as well.

* Teams wishing to upgrade a rookie from their rookie list to senior list must do so by nominating them in the National Draft at any time

* Teams may choose to pass in order to use a selection in the preseason/rookie draft to add to their senior list. When a team passes they will receive a pick in order of passing in the preseason draft."

These are the current rules - these are all good ideas guys, I think we can all agree on 24 hours being a reasonable amount of time. I guess we should all wait for Jukes at this point

Football Factory

Quote from: nas on November 29, 2015, 12:09:49 PM

How's this then,
                      I'm currently doing the AXV's UAE Tigers & could be his unofficial Co Coach with drafting / delisting etc until he is found to help along. Failure for CK to appear then it would be up to Admin / Admins  to re appoint a Head Coach.

Sounds like a great idea .. see what Jukesy says  :)

nas

Quote from: Football Factory on November 29, 2015, 12:14:08 PM

How's this then,

OK, have PM'd Jukes

Football Factory

Quote from: Football Factory on November 29, 2015, 12:14:08 PM

How's this then,

The reason I like this idea is that as PSK pointed out CK does post his team weekly but maybe he's away or sick or who know's ?

So this seems like a good idea, you get nas quality drafting for CK and if he doesn't show then Jukes can replace him, just think we need to give him a little more time, seems harsh to just boot him even though he's not here for the drafting.

Jukes

Yeah that's a great idea, nas gets temporary control of Peru with the possibility of a longer stay.

Meaning nas is on the clock...

SydneyRox

i am pretty sure he was friends with KB, i will PM him to check

powersuperkents

Yeah I agree, if Nos pretty much drafts the best available for Peru, I cannot see ck complaining

- but to be safe, wait 24 hours from Pope's pick

and

- wait for KB to facebook him