FINALS WEEK THREE 2015 MATCH CENTRE

Started by BB67th, August 27, 2015, 06:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

No Hodge, Jones, Griffen, Swan injured and captain Dusty spudding it up, we were never a chance  :'(

Been the best team all year, so sucks not to get the Premiership but will definitely be cheering for the Lambs next week. Great stuff to come from outside the top four!

Toga

Yeah you got very unlucky Jroo, had a very strong team this year but got shot to bits by injury and whatnot this week, we had a poor week as well but just gotta be thankful we got you at the right time :-X

But thanks mate, been pretty strong for a few years now so good to finally get to a GF! Let's hope we can make the most of getting their and give those Elephants a run for their money 8)

PowerBug

Quote from: JROO8 on August 30, 2015, 09:06:25 PM
No Hodge, Jones, Griffen, Swan injured and captain Dusty spudding it up, we were never a chance  :'(

Been the best team all year, so sucks not to get the Premiership but will definitely be cheering for the Lambs next week. Great stuff to come from outside the top four!
Wouldn't say all year, the Ales were very strong at the start of the season. But since the byes for sure, no one has come close. Really unlucky mate, Prelim finals do weird shower to some teams.

Jay

Nige

I think we were fairly consistent, but I reckon the Ales and Tigers were certainly the best two teams all season.

upthemaidens

Well done Laos Good game.

Strikers are one of the top clubs in the comp and we'll be back fitter and stronger next season.

BB67th

A few big results here in the prelims it looks like!

Official scores will be calculated later on tonight so we can get the final results of which teams have made it to the Grand Final!

Also, our AXV Awards night will be held tomorrow night, on the 1st of September, beginning at 7:30PM, the same night as the M0nty Medal.

We will be presenting the Minor Premiers Trophy, the Wooden Chopstick, and the All Asian Team, as well as the big one, the Colliwobblers Medal, our medal count for the league B&F. I hope to see everyone here for it tomorrow night!

BB67th

And here are our results after a big weekend of Preliminary Finals.

FINALS WEEK THREE

SENIORS FIXTURE

1ST PRELIMINARY FINAL

UAE Tigers (1725)  defeated by Mongolian Lambs (1850)

2ND PRELIMINARY FINAL

Laos Elephants (2089) defeated Sri Lanka Strikers (2027)

RESERVES FIXTURE

1ST PRELIMINARY FINAL

UAE Tigers (1168) defeated Turkish Gazelles (723)

2ND PRELIMINARY FINAL

Mongolian Lambs (1092) defeated Sri Lanka Strikers (830)

So it will be a Grand Final contested between Mongolia and Laos. After 22 weeks of competition, it all comes down to the big one next week! And I'm tipping it will be a very close contest.

Also, don't forget we have our AXV Awards night on tomorrow, so make sure you are around for that, we have a lot of awards to give out!

Toga

And the two's make a GF as well :)

Hopefully the game next week can live up to expectations... With a Lambs win of course 8)

Nige