Main Menu

Stevie J

Started by Holz, August 26, 2015, 10:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Was linked to a big money deal to GWS a couple of years ago so not that unrealistic I don't think. Could be a decent small fwd option for Richmond if he comes on the cheap (I suppose under a veteran's salary).

Ziplock

Quote from: Toga on September 05, 2015, 02:19:24 AM
Was linked to a big money deal to GWS a couple of years ago so not that unrealistic I don't think. Could be a decent small fwd option for Richmond if he comes on the cheap (I suppose under a veteran's salary).

if treloar goes I think we'd take a serious crack

dont you need to play on the same team for x years to be classified as a veteran?

Toga

Might be Zip, I'm not sure to be honest. If so you'd hope his asking price wouldn't be too high.

AaronKirk

Need to play 10 seasons or more at the same club to qualify for veterans allowance, which nowdays is only about 120k per player anyway instead of a few players contracted outside of the salary cap as it was prior to 2014

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on September 05, 2015, 02:06:57 AM
He'll go wherever the $$$ are.

(not a judge on his character or anything, but that'd be the smart thing to do).

Premiership contendership might play a bit of a role... but he's a triple premiership winner isn't he? If he was smart he'd just chase the money.

Chase the job with a coaching role attached, so you keep making money

Ricochet

Don't reckon he'll play, it'll just be a coaching job now imo

Ziplock

Quote from: Holz on September 05, 2015, 09:58:52 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 05, 2015, 02:06:57 AM
He'll go wherever the $$$ are.

(not a judge on his character or anything, but that'd be the smart thing to do).

Premiership contendership might play a bit of a role... but he's a triple premiership winner isn't he? If he was smart he'd just chase the money.

Chase the job with a coaching role attached, so you keep making money

T Dog

If nothing on offer...ring Ed...stick him in the fwd pocket next to Cloke. Worked with Dermie..way back when   ;D