Champions League Final - The Best is Crowned

Started by Levi434, August 25, 2015, 08:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

Here is the first interview with the coach of The 2015 Champions League winners:

How does it feel to be called the best XVs team in the world?
meow meow: There's plenty of great XV teams and I doubt that many people would say that Christchurch are the best, maybe the luckiest. We'll be the best in time and winning the Champions League is an achievement that I'm proud of.

Which of your players has surprised you most this tournament?
meow meow: Even though he was our worst scorer this week, Harris Andrews is the MAN. 90.6 average in his previous 6 matches. I thought he'd take a few years to develop due to not having much meat on his bones but he's more than exceeded expectations.

What was it like being apart of this competition?
meow meow: When Chad Wingard entered the AFL he didn't get intimidated by other players because he didn't know them. He had no idea if he was playing on an All-Australian or a chump. This was a bit like that, but I knew that all the teams in the comp had to be good to get this far. I enjoyed knowing that any game could go either way.

What do you have to say about Dublin and Coach Holz?
meow meow: What would be more satisfying? Stepping on a tiny little bug and smearing it all over the pavement or going toe to toe with a bear in a fist fight and winning? It was good to rise to the occasion and beat the best. Well, second best.

Is the a temptation to stack your team this offseason so you can come back next year and win again?
meow meow: I'll never turn Christchurch into a retirement villiage and all 3 teams I have built had an eye on the future as well as being competitive in the short term. Gibbs will be like a new recruit next year and I expect to be around the mark again in 2016. I might be able to lure a big gun to 'church but I'm more interested in buiding a sustainable powerhouse.

Nige

That interview was everything I could have hoped for and more.  8)

Rusty00

Congrats Meow and thanks for running this comp Levi. Great addition to the XV comps!

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on August 31, 2015, 07:22:57 PM
That interview was everything I could have hoped for and more.  8)

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 31, 2015, 08:46:40 PM
Congrats Meow and thanks for running this comp Levi. Great addition to the XV comps!

Levi434

Thanks for all the support guys. Has been super tough but has been worth it.  :)

Memphistopheles

Echoing the sentiments of others.

Congratulations meow. Cheers to Levi for running this comp and here's to hoping I can be a part of it in the not too distant future. Unfortunately for me two of my teams have had to have been completely rebuilt (Taiwan and Staines) and still have a way to go but, I hope Cape Town is not too far off.

Ricochet

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 31, 2015, 08:46:40 PM
Agreed, well done Levi

Levi434

After many days of comtemplating just what went wrong, the coach of the runners-up, Holz has finally held his first media conference.

Q1) How does it feel to make it all this way but stumble at the final hurdle?
Holz: I was lucky to make it through to the final really, I only just edged out UAE to scrape it in. When it gets to the pointy end of the season you just need to be on every week. I think I showed that Dublin is the best team in the land but no team is ever the best team on every day and unfortunately that day came up at the worst time.

Q2) Can you put your finger on anything in particular that cost you the match?
Holz: Its abit hard to think where to start here. Joel Selwood has been my best and fairest the last two years but had a poor year, i thought he was back in form but obviously not. Tom Mcdonald my breakout star for the year fell asleep for most of the match. Dustin Martin put up one of his shockers and Buddy pulling up sore was always a risk. Really i could name 2-3 more.

Q3) What was it like being apart of this competition?
Holz: Its great to see some of the other teams, i really only see what goes on in the Euro and Worlds so to see teams like UAE pop up.

Q4) What do you have to say to Christchurch and Coach meow?
Holz: You shouldnt have made the grandfinal, You shouldnt have won the final but you did so congrats. You have to have a good team to make it that far and despite not having the best list you made the correct calls. Great drafting and I think you will always be up there if you don't play favorites too much. Im just happy you don't have Rocky anymore.

Q5) What changes are you going to make for next year?
Holz: Every year i have been able to improve the squad, there will come a time when my core starts to age and i will fall but next year is not that year. Im actively doing mini rebuilds so that time is far away. Coming back bigger and scarier then ever before. You havent seen anything yet.

Purple 77

Post-match pressers... are such an awesome idea!

Loved reading that.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 03, 2015, 09:54:40 AM
Post-match pressers... are such an awesome idea!

Loved reading that.

will i be doing another runner up up speech this week?