SEDUCED BY BRODIE SMITH

Started by ronl, August 25, 2015, 09:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue

Think he will be a must have next year

ronl

He'll be close to the top of the list next year, but it looks like the list of reliable defenders to choose from will be pretty long and strong.  Just to name a few off the top of my head: Brodie, Shaw, Rance, Houli, Laird, Picken, Murphy, Docherty, Simpson, Kolodjashnij (G.C.) Newnes, McDonald, Burgoyne, Langdon, Hooker, Malceski, Lever etc etc. and I'm sure I've missed a few.  Haven't heard if it's a strong crop of rookie backs next year, but there are always 2-3 standouts.

Rusty00

Quote from: ronl on September 02, 2015, 09:46:16 AM
He'll be close to the top of the list next year, but it looks like the list of reliable defenders to choose from will be pretty long and strong.  Just to name a few off the top of my head: Brodie, Shaw, Rance, Houli, Laird, Picken, Murphy, Docherty, Simpson, Kolodjashnij (G.C.) Newnes, McDonald, Burgoyne, Langdon, Hooker, Malceski, Lever etc etc. and I'm sure I've missed a few.  Haven't heard if it's a strong crop of rookie backs next year, but there are always 2-3 standouts.
I reckon Hodge will still be there, and probably McVeigh back in there as well.

AaronKirk

Don't underestimate the effect of the 2 concussions he had this year.

Nearly a lock for 2016.

LordSneeze

Quote from: AaronKirk on September 03, 2015, 05:32:06 AM
Don't underestimate the effect of the 2 concussions he had this year.

Nearly a lock for 2016.

Really depends on him price.
Not sure id take him if he was priced at 85 which is what i think will happen.

ronl

All things being equal, I think I'd probably take him at 85, provided he's fit and has a full pre-season.

_wato

He's averaging a tick under 79 so I can't see his average being anything under 80.

Meaning, he'll be priced at an 80 average at the very most which for a player who could average 95+ easily, is a steal.

LordSneeze

Quote from: _wato on September 04, 2015, 12:57:54 PM
He's averaging a tick under 79 so I can't see his average being anything under 80.

Meaning, he'll be priced at an 80 average at the very most which for a player who could average 95+ easily, is a steal.
Dont be surprised if they exclude his njury affected games from his priced average

erich1036

Quote from: LordSneeze on September 04, 2015, 02:14:44 PM

Dont be surprised if they exclude his njury affected games from his priced average

That would never happen. They can't just pick and choose games to exclude. It's never happened before and it won't happen now. He has averaged around 80 for the season and will be priced accordingly.

MC

Quote from: erich1036 on September 04, 2015, 02:35:06 PM

That would never happen. They can't just pick and choose games to exclude. It's never happened before and it won't happen now. He has averaged around 80 for the season and will be priced accordingly.

Agree. No chance they do that.

_wato

Quote from: erich1036 on September 04, 2015, 02:35:06 PM

Yeah, you're exactly right mate. 80 average will mean he'll be priced at around $430k which is a massive bargain if he has a good preseason, could possibly be $100k undervalued on what he could produce

batt

Yeah I can't recall any players getting priced below their average.

However there were a few important players last year who qualified for the injury % discount and didn't get it.  Cripps was one IIRC.

Dudge

With this weeks out in the backline,  Brodie, could have a big bearing on a lot of GF results :o

Goosey

Couldn't bring myself to lock him at 500k plus this year, but will definitely get him in at low 400's next year.

ronl

Brodie and k-k-k-k-k-k-Kolodjashnij, I like the sound of that.