Round 22 Captain *Grand Final Edition*

Started by RaisyDaisy, August 23, 2015, 09:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

atm  only have reid as loophole option.      hopefully steele or maynard miss out

Gambino

Quote from: dicko_ on August 24, 2015, 06:10:00 PM
Surely the only option is to go Goldstein into someone else, especially if the Dogs stay with their current ruck setup, which he should destroy. The way he is going right now it would take a HUGE vice captain score to take the C away from him.

In any case I like the approach of giving the best option first crack as vice captain, then going to a safe backup if necessary. This week Goldstein has to be the best option by far.

Agree 100%

Quote from: crowls on August 24, 2015, 09:40:13 PM
atm  only have reid as loophole option.      hopefully steele or maynard miss out

Maynard plays the first game of the round so that won't help. Hopefully Steele remains out of the team for you!

ivolve

Goldy into Danger/Sloane. Crows at home and Eagles don't tag.

Hazza09

My only non scoring players are Read and Glenn. Lever is on my bench but he will come back this week.
I can put the C on Glenn if Goldstein gets a great score but run the risk of taking the Emerg off Riley Knight and putting it on Fyfe, Hanners, JPK or Mundy to get Goldsteins VC.... If there is a late out to one of these 4 on Sunday I'll be in trouble as Adelaide play at 1.10. Is there anyway to avoid this? I can't habe 2 emergencies selected in the same line.

jvalles69

I don't do Supercoach, but noones looking at Jelwood against a team that absolutely leaks points in the Pies?  I'd be whacking the VC on him for sure!

RaisyDaisy

Well now that the obvious choice of Goldy into Fyfe has been taken off us, it should really open things up and make the decision so much more rewarding if getting it right

So many options to chose from

Goldy gets the VC, and hopefully I wont need to pick a C, but if I do then Danger, Priddis, JPK, Gray and Dusty are all options

Belegur

Goldie>danger Sandilands as back up

BomberSam

I posted on here at the start of the week, Shaw into Goldy.

Now I think Goldy into Sloane.

GCSkiwi

My choice is largely going to be made by my loophole options, I'd love to have Goldy VC but there's no way I'll have a loophole captain after that game, unless Heeney or A Pearce are taken out.

Ward, Heater, Rocky, Pendles, Swan all options. Thinking maybe Ward due a big one and should smash the blues??

Mark

Ward could go Massive now Carrazo is out also...

Anyone else tag ?

dicko_

Quote from: Mark on August 27, 2015, 08:03:38 PM

Anyone else tag ?

Is this a trick question? Everyone at Carlton tags, although they haven't been doing it as much under Barker.
Curnow is usually the one that gets a role if there is one though.

But get around Toddy Goldstein. Pending a late change he is up against Jack Redpath in the ruck, and I'm not sure if he is even a McKernan-tier ruckman...

LordSneeze

Quote from: dicko_ on August 27, 2015, 10:08:35 PM
Quote from: Mark on August 27, 2015, 08:03:38 PM

Anyone else tag ?

Is this a trick question? Everyone at Carlton tags, although they haven't been doing it as much under Barker.
Curnow is usually the one that gets a role if there is one though.

But get around Toddy Goldstein. Pending a late change he is up against Jack Redpath in the ruck, and I'm not sure if he is even a McKernan-tier ruckman...
Don't forget BOntempelli was rucking last week with Lin Jong going 3rd up.
Goldy should smash out a 170+ this week if he can get 15-20 possessions.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: LordSneeze on August 27, 2015, 11:28:13 PM

Shane Biggs was doing a lot of the ruck work. It was actually quite funny to watch  ;D

AaronKirk

Goldy into Danger would be the safe option if you had loophole options.

Will probably chuck the VC on a player who is playing tonight.

js19

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 28, 2015, 06:15:33 AM
Quote from: LordSneeze on August 27, 2015, 11:28:13 PM

Shane Biggs was doing a lot of the ruck work. It was actually quite funny to watch  ;D

As a dogs supporter it wasn't the funniest thing I've ever seen... About as funny as watching a teenager steal some little kid's candy at the time, slightly more humorous afterwards