Round 22 Captain *Grand Final Edition*

Started by RaisyDaisy, August 23, 2015, 09:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Let's get this going nice and early

I'm sure like myself, a lot of you are in Grand Finals this week with $$$ up for grabs so Captain Choice could be the difference between lining your pockets with extra cash  8)

Goldy vs WBD into Fyfe vs Melb seems the obvious clear choice, and rightly so, but going against that and trying to hit a POD VC could be a worthy gamble too, because there certainly are plenty of juicy options!

Jelwood, Pendles and Swan on Friday night.
Heath Shaw vs Carlton
Hawks vs Brisbane could give you several options
Deledio or Dusty could bust open Essendon
Robbie Gray could have a night out against GC
Danger vs Priddis
JPK and Hanners vs St Kilda

Who are you going with?

ubeaut

BomberSam

meow meow

Wilbur will smash Goldy just like he smashed Mummy.

dmac07

Seriously starting to consider H.Shaw,  without looking up the numbers would have to close to the second best scorer  in the comp (after Goldy) in the second half of the season.

Spite

H1bb3i2d

LordSneeze

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on August 23, 2015, 10:11:23 PM
Quote from: Spite on August 23, 2015, 10:10:05 PM
Quote from: BomberSam on August 23, 2015, 09:56:18 PM
I reckon I might go Shaw into Goldy.
Im not touching Shaw with a 10foot pole this week. Carlton wont be able to penetrate as much as Sydney which means his R50 , marks and general possessions will likely be down. Still should be good for a 110, but for me there are better options.

He also plays early on Sat and n a GF week I prefer to keep my Loophole to cover my Opponents C choice if possible.

Likely go Goldy into Fyfe. Tried and tested in the GF unless I need to make up points or cover people.

ubeaut

Quote from: LordSneeze on August 24, 2015, 12:05:32 AM
Quote from: H1bb3i2d on August 23, 2015, 10:11:23 PM
Quote from: Spite on August 23, 2015, 10:10:05 PM
Quote from: BomberSam on August 23, 2015, 09:56:18 PM
I reckon I might go Shaw into Goldy.
Im not touching Shaw with a 10foot pole this week. Carlton wont be able to penetrate as much as Sydney which means his R50 , marks and general possessions will likely be down. Still should be good for a 110, but for me there are better options.

He also plays early on Sat and n a GF week I prefer to keep my Loophole to cover my Opponents C choice if possible.

Likely go Goldy into Fyfe. Tried and tested in the GF unless I need to make up points or cover people.
I agree re Shaw. Tempting but as u say more likely for a 100 - 115 score not quite enough.

Raiden

Maybe Rocky > Goldy, (However this would be a challenge as one game is @ 14:10 then the other at 16:35) but more then likely Goldy > Fyfe

BomberSam

I might not go Shaw into Goldy actually. Goldy is probably the ultimate captain option, so if you can loophole him, I would recommend doing so. Into Gray/T-Mitch as POD options, or Danger/Fyfe as safe options. Safe because they will be very popular captain options, so even a stinker from them wouldn't be so bad.

Could even go Gray into T-Mitch. Foolish to skip Goldy completely?
Aiming for top 400, currently 431.

frenzy

now with Fyfe free to play, its Goldy into Fyfe

enzedder

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 23, 2015, 09:35:22 PM
Goldy vs WBD into Fyfe vs Melb seems the obvious clear choice, and rightly so
Quote from: LordSneeze on August 24, 2015, 12:05:32 AM
Likely go Goldy into Fyfe.
Quote from: frenzy on August 24, 2015, 04:55:05 PM
now with Fyfe free to play, its Goldy into Fyfe

Might go Goldy into Fyfe

dicko_

Surely the only option is to go Goldstein into someone else, especially if the Dogs stay with their current ruck setup, which he should destroy. The way he is going right now it would take a HUGE vice captain score to take the C away from him.

In any case I like the approach of giving the best option first crack as vice captain, then going to a safe backup if necessary. This week Goldstein has to be the best option by far.

PICCOLLO