WXV Vacant Coaching Positions (There's two now!)

Started by Purple 77, August 21, 2015, 11:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Vinny

Hellopplz

Why do you guys want to flower yourselves? :-X

On a side note, nice application Ada!

Holz

Quote from: PowerBug on August 27, 2015, 09:30:04 PM
flower me if you guys want someone good give him the job now don't even bother voting for that spot.

The other one is close between all candidates though.

Apparently the best XV coach, or so the voters say.

Haven't seen it personally (dont look at Asia)

Would love to see what the best coach can do. Dublin could be in trouble, if its true

Nige

Jay

RaisyDaisy

Love your photoshop skills Adamant. That looks amazing!

I am not for one second saying you don't deserve one of the positions, because you clearly have XV experience but I just hope that coaches don't automatically give you a position just because of your design skills. They're bloody awesome and I would love NY to have something even half as good as what you have just done here, but based on the some of the comments following your application I just think it's important to mention this, as it's not fair that the other applicants might not have a flashy looking application like yours and shouldn't be disadvantaged for that

As far as I am concerned all 5 applicants so far are worthy and will bring different things to the comp, so it's good to know that whatever 2 we chose, WXV is going to continue to have full participation moving forward and that's awesome

Again, I definitely don't want to come across as sounding like a bit of a downer, but I just got the feeling that 2 applicants now seem to be hugely favoured (and I am not saying I disagree with those 2) but I just wanted to make sure all 5 applicants were given a real opportunity and seriously considered

kilbluff1985

Holz

It will probably do more harm then good but I think Izander should definitely be considered. Im sure a new face would be great, someone who isn't involved in any other comp and can direct 100% focus on worlds. Sounds clued up and knowing purp im sure he has a great understanding of what is going on.

Always great to have a new fresh face around and Ill definitely be voting for him.

Nige

I'd think most coaches would be smart enough to look past graphics anyway.

I'm assuming most will vote on either who had the best applications and who they most want to join the comp.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holz on August 28, 2015, 10:24:04 AM
It will probably do more harm then good but I think Izander should definitely be considered. Im sure a new face would be great, someone who isn't involved in any other comp and can direct 100% focus on worlds. Sounds clued up and knowing purp im sure he has a great understanding of what is going on.

Always great to have a new fresh face around and Ill definitely be voting for him.

I'm more inclined to vote for the best coach - someone who will make WXV even more competitive and keep it the most prestigious XV competition.

The new coaches should have to cut their teeth as an assistant somewhere first I reckon. Then you know what they can bring to the table in terms of engagement/banter etc and then they can be in line for a senior coach position.

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 28, 2015, 02:45:01 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 28, 2015, 10:24:04 AM

I'm more inclined to vote for the best coach - someone who will make WXV even more competitive and keep it the most prestigious XV competition.

The new coaches should have to cut their teeth as an assistant somewhere first I reckon. Then you know what they can bring to the table in terms of engagement/banter etc and then they can be in line for a senior coach position.

Just a note, the new coach might be the best coach with the best banter.

its hard to judge an assistants work and even a coaches work. Adamant got the greatest coach in XV (not saying its not true) but drafted an old team.

the question is what makes a good coach?

Mexico staying top 4, 4 years in a row
Dublin 18 9 1 1?
Meow drafting a team to the top 4 with lots of young players.
Arguably if Dillos won 2 flags you could say they did a great job or a poor job to be where they are.

meow meow

Banter (or any content such as stats) > a coach who can coach but does nothing more than name a team each week IMO. A bit of shower talking gives teams an identity. I bet y'all know who Shaun McKernan plays for in WXV but can the same said in the other competitions?

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on August 28, 2015, 03:50:46 PM
Banter (or any content such as stats) > a coach who can coach but does nothing more than name a team each week IMO. A bit of shower talking gives teams an identity. I bet y'all know who Shaun McKernan plays for in WXV but can the same said in the other competitions?

listen to Meow he has added alot to the comp without being a good coach. Its all about that banter.

We all can't be like Holz and do both.

kilbluff1985

Holz just wants an inexperienced coach at a team so he can win some more trades