Main Menu

EXV Finals Week 2

Started by Holz, August 20, 2015, 08:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Semi Final 1

Serbian Eagles v Iceland Polar Bears

Serbia had a pretty good week last week only going down to the minor premiers on HGA. They wouldn't want go out in straight sets and continue the reputation of chocking when finals come around. Not only that but they are playing against the team that stole the premiership from them last year so Serbia will come out to play. Iceland have the team to go back to back and matched Serbia last week but playing in Belgrade the boys will need to bring abit more this week. The eagles as always just have that extra star power and apart from Barlow had a big week last week, I think they will do enough at home to set up a Prelim with the Lions.

Semi Final 2

Svalbard Valkyries v Belgian Bashers

Every year coach Zip talks up his Valkyries as premiership contenders and every year they fail. After finishing 3rd this year Zip would want his troops to finally back up his words and make it to a prelim. They come up against the team that arguably talks themselves up the most in the comp now that coach Holz has left serbia. Belgium was by far the best team last week, some may say they over-peformed. I think belgium are in form and Svalbard isnt quite the fotress that some other teams have, given they need the whole country to turn up to get a crowd of over 2,500.

Ziplock

Svalbard:

Yolo kents, it's the valkyries in the house. We've lost nicholls and giles to knee injuries simultaneously, unfortunate as their teams are playing eachother, so just one would have almost been serendipitous. But Hickey's in da house and ready to wreck some scrubs (aka the bashers). What we lack in scoring power we make up for in depth and Gaff/ Mundy. Even Ziebell's suspension won't phase us dis week.

So game on sluzzas, don't cry too hard when we spank yo ass back to belgium where you can continue to grow soft on chocolate and cheese.

B: Laird, Higgins, Grimes, Jacobs
M: Ward, Gaff (VC), Johnson, Caddy
R: Hickey
F: Adams, Lynch, Hunter, Kelly
U: Mundy (C), Cunnington

E: Hanley (M), Hawkins (F), Mcdonald (B), Bastinac (R)

and I fixed your pics holz.

#banter

elephants

No idea how such a poor side like Svalbard made it this far!

Birchall, Houli, Hooker, Stanley
Jelwood (c), Priddis, Redden, Cotchin
Murphy, Neale (vc)
Jacobs
Robinson, Roughead, Petrie, Lloyd

EMG: Webster, Carrazzo, Pyke

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on August 20, 2015, 10:14:45 PM.

#banter

wow im impressed.

got to back up those big words Zip.

feeling much better about the euro now. fixed up the scoring, getting abit of banter back. should be a good finals and a even better next year.

especially when Hungary come and wreck all you guys.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on August 20, 2015, 10:31:11 PM

Murphy, Neale (vc)
Jacobs

It's called performing when it matters- something the bashers wouldn't understand about. This is a game about depth, injuries don't hit us as hard as it does you pleb teams.

Hellopplz

I legit laughed at that picture Zippy, good job ;D.

It's a GF rematch from last year. Serbia stand no chance, even when we can win a Final using an OOP Ruck, as well as we're on a 5 match win streak, also with an OOP ruck. BE SCARED YOU EAGLES, THE FIRE BREATHING POLAR BEARS ARE COMING.

Hellopplz

The Iceland Polar Bears

Backs: A. Mackie, M. Williams, R. Shaw, M. Talia
Mids: J. Lewis (C), N. Fyfe (VC), J McVeigh, T. Sheridan
Ruck: M. Pavlich  (OOP)
Fwds: J Westhoff, H. Bennell, C. Rioli, J. Elliot
Int: F. Ray, J. Watts

Emg: H. Grundy (D), L. Henderson (F), V. Michie (M), I. Heeney (OOP R)

IN: M. Talia, F. Ray, J. Watts
OUT: J. Harbrow, I. Heeney, H. Grundy

Got a few outs still, No Harbrow, Tyson, Duncan or Zerrett are hurting us this time of season, especially as backs and mids a bit light. Talia and Sheridan been in good form though, so not too bad to have them on board. Lets hope even with an OOP Ruck, we can overcome Serbia once again and keep the fairytale alive for the second season in a row!

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on August 20, 2015, 10:58:12 PM

Murphy, Neale (vc)
Jacobs

It's called performing when it matters- something the bashers wouldn't understand about. This is a game about depth, injuries don't hit us as hard as it does you pleb teams.

Performing when it matters? What, like, top scoring in the first week of finals last week?

I'm still in shock that you made it this far, so so happy when I saw we were playing this bunch of crabs!

Holz

Quote from: elephants on August 21, 2015, 11:37:58 AM

Murphy, Neale (vc)
Jacobs

Performing when it matters? What, like, top scoring in the first week of finals last week?

I'm still in shock that you made it this far, so so happy when I saw we were playing this bunch of crabs!

the loser of this battle is going to cop alot.

2 of the 3 biggest smack talkers in the Euro coming up against each other. Im sitting quiet this year but ill take both you spuds out in my second year as Hungary coach. Like I did as second year coach of Serbia.

Ziplock

Murphy, Neale (vc)
Jacobs

Nah, more like tanking first week of finals purely so we could knock you plebs out.

rather be a bunch of crabs than a bunch of potatoes.

Are you sure your players aren't cannibals? Cause they all look so fat and slow, I think all they've been eating this season is potato chips.

Kingler uses pinch... cause that's what the bashers are in.

Hellopplz

Quote from: Holz on August 21, 2015, 11:51:28 AM

Murphy, Neale (vc)
Jacobs

the loser of this battle is going to cop alot.

2 of the 3 biggest smack talkers in the Euro coming up against each other. Im sitting quiet this year but ill take both you spuds out in my second year as Hungary coach. Like I did as second year coach of Serbia.
Such a shame, you couldn't win the big prize in your last year at Serbia. Beaten so badly you had to change teams ;).

nrich102

Serbia

Def: M Hibberd, K Simpson, H Shaw, N Malceski
Mid: S Pendlebury (c), M Barlow, M Weller, J Viney
Ruc: A Sandilands
Fwd: B Goddard, D Martin (vc), B Deledio, B Harvey
Utl: J Lever, M Lecras

Emg: Z Clarke,  J Jenkins, SD Thompson

elephants

Gonna be hilarious when your team can't crack 1300 this week Zip and the Bashers drop another intense 1500+ 8)

nrich102

Going to be sad when we don't even get 1000  :-[ We've been destroyed by injury.

Holz

Quote from: nrich102 on August 21, 2015, 06:00:58 PM
Going to be sad when we don't even get 1000  :-[ We've been destroyed by injury.

This isnt Serbia 2012.

for a side hit by injury its still pretty strong. Im still tipping you to take the bears out.