AXV: TRADE DISCUSSION (2015/16)

Started by BB67th, August 19, 2015, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Happy to start talking trades, lads. Not looking to move any of my big guns (Sloane, Ward, Jacobs, Bont), but some other best XV type players are on the table if you are interested - Kade Simpson, Andrew Mackie, SD Thompson, Heath Grundy, Ben McGlynn.

Chuck me a message if you're keen :)

Memphistopheles

Really keen to pick up more young midfielders.

They don't have to be guns already - I just need more midfielders on my list in general.

So if you have any to trade let me know.

PowerBug

/start rant

You guys that don't post your squad in the appropriate format and just mention half your players are just lazy. If you don't want to do it can you at least post a link to an updated squad list. Even if you don't feel like trading at all, it's courtesy and shows an element of care for your job as coach.

/end rant

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on August 29, 2015, 04:37:42 PM
/start rant

You guys that don't post your squad in the appropriate format and just mention half your players are just lazy. If you don't want to do it can you at least post a link to an updated squad list. Even if you don't feel like trading at all, it's courtesy and shows an element of care for your job as coach.

/end rant
#shotsfired

BB67th

Great to see some trade discussions starting.

As PB said (in quite different terms :P ) it would be great to see everyone using the trade template from the opening post to post up their squad, just as a courtesy so other coaches can identify trade targets more easily.

Also, after round 23 concludes, I will also be compiling a spreadsheet with the score of every player in the competition from every game this season, so it will have player averages in it, which will make it easier to see what players are worth. It might be worth some coaches waiting a little to see just how well their players have done before locking in any trades. Regardless, the official trade thread won't be opening until after I've posted this spreadsheet up anyway. So be on the lookout for that in the week following our Grand Final!

PowerBug

Quote from: BB67th on August 30, 2015, 05:08:00 PM
Also, after round 23 concludes, I will also be compiling a spreadsheet with the score of every player in the competition from every game this season, so it will have player averages in it, which will make it easier to see what players are worth. It might be worth some coaches waiting a little to see just how well their players have done before locking in any trades. Regardless, the official trade thread won't be opening until after I've posted this spreadsheet up anyway. So be on the lookout for that in the week following our Grand Final!
Part of me says that this is a bad idea and coaches should do their own research.

But the other XVs games have the scores readily available for people on an external site, which we don't have, so doing this is only fair. I don't tihnk it should be a requirement to work out the averages of players across the season.

Jay

OUR PLAYERS

ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK: (Likely to delist or throw in to sweeten a deal)
Rhyce Shaw, James Podsiadly

ON THE TABLE: (Looking to trade this player for a fair deal)
Kade Simpson, Andrew Mackie, Ben McGlynn, Scott D. Thompson, Heath Grundy, Jackson Paine, James Stewart, Allir Aliir, Jordan Kelly, Danny Stanley

COULD BE PERSUADED: (Would need a ripper deal to let these players go)
Bernie Vince, Andrejs Everitt, Matt Suckling, Reece Conca, Dale Thomas, Mitch Golby, Nathan Hrovat, Blake Acres, Jed Lamb, Sam Darley, Kyle Langford, Will Hoskin-Elliot, Matt de Boer, Jason Tutt, Tom Barrass, Alex Johnson, Rhys Palmer, Cam Shenton, Billy Evans

UNTOUCHABLE: (Not available for trade no way no how)
Rory Sloane, Sam Jacobs, Marcus Bontempelli, Kieren Jack, Callan Ward, Tom Scully, Justin Westhoff, Jason Johanissen, Curtly Hampton, Michael Walters, Brad Sheppard, Scott Selwood, Callum Sinclair, Scott Lycett, Marco Paparone

DRAFT PICKS: (Draft picks available for trade)
All

TARGET PLAYERS
Either young players, or someone that will improve our best XV. Nothing inbetween. Also not opposed to trading for draft picks.

Memphistopheles

Hey BB/Ric just for reference would this be the draft order for the first two rounds at the moment? The last couple of positions obviously undecided pending the grand final result.

We go off the finals positions right not the ladder for the draft? Also there are no priority picks in Asians are there?

1.   Manila Folders
2.   Vietnam Vipers
3.   Taiwan Dolphins
4.   Honk Kong Dongs
5.   PNG Head Hunters
6.   Turkish Gazelles
7.   Tibetan Llamas
8.   Bangkok Crabs
9.   KL Crocodiles
10.   Bangladesh Bears
11.   Kathmandu Eskimos
12.   Australian Ales
13.   Sri Lanka Strikers
14.   UAE Tigers
15.   Mongolian Lambs/Laos Elephants
16.   Mongolian Lambs/Laos Elephants
17.   Manila Folders
18.   Vietnam Vipers
19.   Taiwan Dolphins
20.   Honk Kong Dongs
21.   PNG Head Hunters
22.   Turkish Gazelles
23.   Tibetan Llamas
24.   Bangkok Crabs
25.   KL Crocodiles
26.   Bangladesh Bears
27.   Kathmandu Eskimos
28.   Australian Ales
29.   Sri Lanka Strikers
30.   UAE Tigers
31.   Mongolian Lambs/Laos Elephants
32.   Mongolian Lambs/Laos Elephants

Ricochet

Yeh order is based on Finals.

And on Priority Picks

QuotePRIORITY PICKS: FUTURE SEASONS.

Teams finishing with 2 wins or fewer (8 Premiership points or fewer, before any penalties have been taken into effect) will recieve 2 addidional draft picks after the first full round of the national draft. BUT DOES NOT BEGIN UNTIL AFTER THE 2014 AFL SEASON ( 1st season = no priority picks)

But i'd like to see this change to be similar to worlds. The more lenient we are on priority picks the quicker bottom teams can rebound

Ricochet

Looking over the team lists and noticed this Adamant

Quote from: Adamant on February 19, 2014, 11:42:42 PM
Bangladesh Bears - Adamant

Def: A Walker (Carl), P Duffield (Freo), J Grimes (Melb), G Ibbotson (Freo), C Sutcliffe (Freo), L Hansen (NM), B Goodes (WB), B Jacobs (NM), J Rivers (Geel), T Mohr (GWS), A Carlile (Port), J Bews (Geel), T Clurey (Port)

Mid: J Selwood (Geel), N Fyfe (Freo), M Boyd (WB), S Mitchell (Haw), K Cornes (Port), B Cunnington (NM), D Cross (Melb), A Carrazzo (Carl), R Crowley (Freo), A Raines (GC)

Ruck: B McEvoy (Haw), A Sandilands (Freo)

Fwd: N Riewoldt (StK), B Harvey (NM), M LeCras (WC), C Rioli (Haw), M Pavlich (Freo), J Patton (GWS), C Sylvia (Freo), J Toumpas (Melb), C Daniel (WB), S Kerridge (Adel), B Staker (Bris), J White (Coll), M Shaw (Port), E Langdon (Freo), L McGuane (Rich)

Rookie List: J Ceglar (Haw), S Tunbridge (WC), M White (Melb), W Fordham (NM), J Long (Ess), J Hamling (WB)

A whopping 7 from one team :o
Most of them aren't big losses, but man that's unlucky

Adamant

Don't forget about Waters before the season had even started. :(

But yeah we're going to need a fair cleanout this pre-season. Cross would have been quite handy as a defender next year.

Ricochet

and McGuane just retired as well, makes it 9 :o

Nige

I daresay Brett Goodes might as well be added to that list.  :-X

Ricochet

Rusty00