Started by Levi434, August 18, 2015, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

Matchday 6 Semi Finals, AFL Round 21

Team ATeam B
UAE Tigers     VS    Dublin Destroyers
PNL Reindeers     VS    Christchurch Saints

Only 4 teams remianing!

The two top scoring teams of last week. Both teams have elite players all over the park as you’d expect but will injuries and suspensions have an effect? Buddy is out and now Ziebell is out! Which team can overcome adversity the best and make it to the final? For Dublin, it’s a chance to put themselves into an elite category. A chance for them to be considered the greatest XV’s team in history! Whereas for UAE, this is their chance to start a dynasty. Win the Champs League, and win the AXV Premiership. That is the case for all the teams actually. All 4 of the remaining teams have a chance to win both! That would be historic. How could you ever pick against Dublin? I won't. However that doesn't mean I want them to win.

PNL and Christchurch, a battle of two WXV heavyweights. Honestly these are NOT the teams who I would have expected to be in the final 4. Both of these teams have a chance to live the ultimate fairy tale ending with only 2 more wins needed! Underdogs from the beginning rising up to the occasion and snatching glory. A story to watch will be who meow will captain this week. Actually it’s a joy just to see who meow names! He always seems to name a player you wouldn't expect and (I’m sure Purple will back me up on this) it pays off. PNL every week I feel like I have a dig at your “weaker” players. Every week I seem to be wrong! Oh well may as well keep the tradition; how are you even gonna sleep at night knowing that you will have to name Tom Sheridan and maybe Tom Campbell? On that basis I'll tip the Saints.

Goldy on the poster this week! How you feel Holz? I decided to put him on just for you as this will be the last week you'll be in the Champs League.

I'd like to hear your predictions below. Also like to know which teams you are barracking for.

Holz

I win this and we should call it off next week. Im always worried playing a Asian team they can go huge when they are on. Dusty almost got 400 last week.

Goldy has gone 440 though :P

I should win but its no certainty. I hate not being the top scorer of the week and I will have to be to win this battle against the second best team in XV

Purple 77

Having typed up Christchurch's team all year, and will definitely back up Levi in that meow always has so many options, and usually always picks the right ones! The PNL and Christchurch game last week was epic, with sandilands getting the saints home. I don't think it will happen again, and think PNL will win.

The winner out of Dublin and UAE will win it all IMO. I've seen what Dublin can do... They won't lose. They aren't playing London, so will back my WXV coach.

As always, outstanding work Levi!

Holz

Birchall, Murphy, Rance, Tmac
Selwood (CC), Sloane (CC) Mundy Boak
Goldy
Walters Gunston Rougy Martin
NDS Thompson

NVB, Bruce, Schoenemakers

Goldy not capitain!!!!! its time for my big mids to fire. Sloane 135 in last 2 weeks, Selwood 143 in last 4.

Hellopplz

Tigers Vs Dublin gonna be tight!

As for Christchurch, already a rematch after getting beat by the Saints last week in Worlds Finals because of flowering Sandi going huge. We had a rematch last week against Mexico and we prevailed, we'll be looking to do the same here for redemption >:D.

As for our depth, it hurts having to play Campbell over Lobbe and Sheridan/Rich over Shiel, not to mention a bench spot not taken by Zerrett/Billings (injuries and form for these 4). We make do and have a solid team all round to cover them, and Sheridan hasn't even been that bad once we started naming him!

Also 3 Worlds teams in the final 4 :-X.

meow meow

Best XV players Boyd, Picken, Gibbs, Scully all out.
Depth players A.Vandenberg, R.Lester, C.Smith, N.Freeman, M.Buntine, D.McKenzie, M.Maguire, T.McLean, J.Green all out injured.
Wilbur, McKernan and Hrovat can't get a game.
Dawson suspended.

And we'll still win :P

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on August 20, 2015, 12:59:03 PM
Best XV players Boyd, Picken, Gibbs, Scully all out.
Depth players A.Vandenberg, R.Lester, C.Smith, N.Freeman, M.Buntine, D.McKenzie, M.Maguire, T.McLean, J.Green all out injured.
Wilbur, McKernan and Hrovat can't get a game.
Dawson suspended.

And we'll still win :P

PNL got this. Shame they couldnt last week or you would have gone out in straight sets in the Worlds.

meow meow

CHRISTCHURCH SAINTS

B: Harris Andrews, Joel Patfull, Zac Dawson, Sam Gilbert
M: Luke Shuey, Sam Mitchell (VC), Hamish Hartlett, Dayne Zorko
R: Aaron Sandilands
F: Ben Reid, Jake Stringer, Tory Dickson, Jamie Elliott
I: Shaun McKernan (C), Jeff Garlett

E: Josh Green, Alex Neal-Bullen

Levi434

Quote from: meow meow on August 20, 2015, 07:25:16 PM
CHRISTCHURCH SAINTS

Wow.

Holz

Quote from: Levi434 on August 20, 2015, 08:51:01 PM
CHRISTCHURCH SAINTS

Wow.

just mind games. classic meow. no way the team stays that way.

Jroo

UAE Tigers
D: Luke Hodge (EVC), Grant Birchall, Josh Gibson, Shaun Higgins
M: David Mundy, Nathan Jones, Ryan Griffen, David Zaharakis
R: Stefan Martin
F: Dustin Martin (C), Brett Deledio, Dane Swan (VC), Brendon Goddard
U: Jack Riewoldt, Mitch Wallis

E: Shaun Grigg, Travis Cloke, Shannon Hurn

Bring it on Spudlin

Holz

Quote from: JROO8 on August 21, 2015, 11:59:24 AM
Bring it on Spudlin

Spuddy isnt playing this week.

im tempted to nulify Martin by sticking him C but i reckon Jelly and Sloane will beat him.

Hellopplz

Parisian Nice Lyon Reindeers

D: L. Hodge, C. Enright, M. Williams, N.Malceski
M: M. Priddis (CC), D.Swan (CC), N. Jones, T. Sheridan
R: T.Campbell
F: J. Westhoff, C. Wingard, C. Rioli, T. Lynch
I:  J. Laverde, F. Ray

E: L. McPharlin, Z. O'Brien, L. Casboult

I'll keep the same team I have in Worlds. Not sure if Meowtwo will change McKernan as captain before lockout though :P.

Holz

Quote from: Holz on August 20, 2015, 09:09:20 PM
Quote from: Levi434 on August 20, 2015, 08:51:01 PM
CHRISTCHURCH SAINTS

Wow.

just mind games. classic meow. no way the team stays that way.

umm, ok now im confused.

Congrats on making the Champions league final PNL, I guess....

Purple 77