Coaches Award and MVP/B&F Winner

Started by Jukes, August 17, 2015, 10:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Jukes on August 28, 2015, 12:29:06 AM
Will give ele and ck (about) 24 hours to get in their votes, no biggie if they don't do them - pretty big leads in the three awards, and 2 of the votes are sewn up.

In vote 1 option b (Following first round (picks 13 and 14)) won 3-5-2 (if in a tie I'd decide, and I'd go with b)

Vote 2 was a resounding 2-7 victory for option b, meaning Brooklyn have picks 1 and 13, Ottawa 2 and 14.

Even I voted for pick 13 and 14 haha...

Nige

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 28, 2015, 12:04:29 PM
Quote from: Jukes on August 28, 2015, 12:29:06 AM
Will give ele and ck (about) 24 hours to get in their votes, no biggie if they don't do them - pretty big leads in the three awards, and 2 of the votes are sewn up.

In vote 1 option b (Following first round (picks 13 and 14)) won 3-5-2 (if in a tie I'd decide, and I'd go with b)

Vote 2 was a resounding 2-7 victory for option b, meaning Brooklyn have picks 1 and 13, Ottawa 2 and 14.

Even I voted for pick 13 and 14 haha...
I voted for you to get Pick 1 because I'm such a good bloke. :P

Pkbaldy

Thanks boy!!  :D

Its Tdogs now haha

Jukes

Coaches Award

Winner: Tom McDonald (Chicago Sharks)

Nobody expected McDonald to shoot up and average 97.6 and be a cornerstone in Chicago's finals ambitions, that's for sure. 8 scores above 120 and 5 in the 90s were superb, well deserving to be voted the Coaches Award winner for 2015, with 32 votes.

Runners Up
2nd. Rory Laird (25 votes) (Boston Terriers)
3rd. Dylan Roberton (24) (Houston Bombers)
4th. Liam Shiels (17) (New Jersey Devils)
5th. Shaun Higgins and Jack Crisp (16) (Quito Quetzals and Santiago Cockerels)

Most Valuable Player - the Americas Medallist

Winner: Todd Goldstein (Boston Terriers)

A very easy choice for the coaches, and why wouldn't it be - highest average in the league by 6 points, 21 points ahead of the next best ruckman), and is the star player for one of the sides playing in the grand final. Nobody really came close, with Goldstein finishing on 50 votes from a possible 55.

Note: It must hurt to be Dayne Beams right now - the only player/coach to not receive a vote in any award!

Runners Up
2nd. Nat Fyfe (32 votes) (Las Vegas Sinners)
3rd. Dan Hannebery (18) (Anaheim Mighty Ducks)
4th. Heath Shaw (17) (San Francisco Grizzlies)
5th. Robbie Gray (13) (New Jersey Devils)

Coach of the Year

Winner: Jukes (San Francisco Grizzlies)

Won't toot my own horn, so I'll quote another coach in their voting response (note: justifications weren't necessary, but this coach went the extra mile). Also, no surprises that the top 5 were the top 5 teams this season on the ladder. Won with 39 votes.
"Jukes seems the obvious choice. Consistent team with only one loss. Not dependent on one player, in fact has the best depth of any club. Did a solid job moderating the league while still maintaining a 14-1 record."

Runners Up
2nd. memphistopheles (17 votes) (Quito Quetzals)
3rd. FOOTBALL FACTORY (15 votes) (Houston Bombers)
4th. elephants and T Dog (14 votes) (Boston Terriers and Colorado Avalanche)

Voting
Vote A finished up 3-7-2
Vote B finished 2-9
Vote C finished 6-6; as admin, I'll allow co-captains to be an option as I think maybe some coaches got confused regarding whether or not it was optional or mandatory.

elephants

Lairdy second in coaches award, Goldy MVP winner and I polled in the Coach of the Year! Wont complain!

Cheers all who voted for me and my Bostonians!

kilbluff1985

co captains gonna make life so much easier deciding captains next year

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 29, 2015, 02:38:00 AM
It's gonna probably be my go-to option with Treloar and Prestia me thinks.

Also, good to see Shiels place 4th in the Coaches Award voting and also to see Robbie Gray (though no longer an Ottawan) get in the MVP top 5.

elephants

Quote from: Nige on August 29, 2015, 12:03:04 PM

Also, good to see Shiels place 4th in the Coaches Award voting and also to see Robbie Gray (though no longer an Ottawan) get in the MVP top 5.

Two in the top 5 for Boston then :p

Nige

Quote from: elephants on August 29, 2015, 12:07:36 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 29, 2015, 12:03:04 PM

Two in the top 5 for Boston then :p
Oi, settle.  :P

popedelio

So disappointed I missed out on Finals, but Tommy Mac and I will take the consolation prize. Good on ya Tommy  ;D HM to Liam Picken, would have nominated him though he only came to the club via the mid-season draft, also had a sensational season out of nowhere.

Congrats to Jukes and Ele on making the GF :)

elephants

Quote from: popedelio on August 29, 2015, 01:14:19 PM
Congrats to Jukes and Ele on making the GF :)

Cheers mate! Well done on the T-Mac pick and victory!

Memphistopheles

Second in the Coach of the Year award - i'll take that.

Thanks lads.

A shame that our second mid-season trade pick-up in Bryce Gibbs got injured. If he'd been fit and firing he might have made a difference in the preliminary final.

Here's to hoping I can go two better next year and make, and win, the grand final :P

powersuperkents

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 29, 2015, 02:22:39 PM
Second in the Coach of the Year award - i'll take that.

Thanks lads.

A shame that our second mid-season trade pick-up in Bryce Gibbs got injured. If he'd been fit and firing he might have made a difference in the preliminary final.

Here's to hoping I can go two better next year and make, and win, the grand final :P
Here's to hoping I can go nine better next year and make, and win, the grand final  :P