Coaches Award and MVP/B&F Winner

Started by Jukes, August 17, 2015, 10:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on August 19, 2015, 10:06:41 PM
Houston Awards

MVP - Dayne Beams

Coaches Award - Dylan Roberton

Even tho Beams has only played 16 games he still did enough, played through injury for a while aswell.

Roberton has had a breakout year and is now a valuable member of the team.
Holy shower! Was not aware of Roberton's scoring this season (DT & Sc). I'd seen him play and assumed he was a 60's averaging player at best. Definitely a shock to me as I thought Rampe's progress had been good this season (and he only raised his average by 7ppg, compared to Roberton's 30)...

I always assumed he was just a place filler for your side

Jukes

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 19, 2015, 10:39:17 PM
Houston Awards

MVP - Dayne Beams

Even tho Beams has only played 16 games he still did enough, played through injury for a while aswell.

Holy shower! Was not aware of Roberton's scoring this season (DT & Sc). I'd seen him play and assumed he was a 60's averaging player at best. Definitely a shock to me as I thought Rampe's progress had been good this season (and he only raised his average by 7ppg, compared to Roberton's 30)...

yeah geez, I've been putting in his score every week and would've been surprised if he was averaging more than the low-80s, let alone 93.5 :o

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Jukes on August 19, 2015, 10:57:01 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on August 19, 2015, 10:39:17 PM
Houston Awards

MVP - Dayne Beams

yeah geez, I've been putting in his score every week and would've been surprised if he was averaging more than the low-80s, let alone 93.5 :o

I knew exactly what he was scoring all year :P Absolute beast after a injury year last year. .

Football Factory

Yeah he surprised me, I have him in AXVIII DT and I have to play him so I was aware of his good form however I didn't realise how well he was going in Supercoach ..so I had to start playing him :o

Nige

Ottawa's Coaches Award goes to Liam Shiels, perenially underrated and just keeps pumping out consistently good scores.

MVP was Robbie Gray who has already left Canada and made Boston his new home.

Memphistopheles

Quito's MVP is clearly Sam Mitchell who's been ultra consistent this year for a 109 average.

Coaches award is a tricky one. A player that would have won it if he hadn't left us mid-season is Mark Blicavs.

But, instead we'll go for Shaun Higgins who has been a revelation for us in defence this season.

elephants

MVP - Todd Goldstein. The bloke is an absolute freak, best ruck in the comp by a country mile and when he can deliver over 400 points with the armband you know he's an unreal player.

Coaches Award - Very tough but we're going with Rory Laird averaging 94 this year making himself one of the premier defenders in the competition at just 21 years of age is very exciting to see. A lift in his average of 35 points signals an enormous breakout and he's entrenched himself in the Boston backline. Special mentions go to Mitch Wallis and Easton Wood who have both lifted their averages considerably, particularly Wallis who may well have been my nominee if it weren't for a back injury earlier in the season hurting his average.

ckennedy23

powersuperkents

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 21, 2015, 01:42:28 PM
Quito's MVP is clearly Sam Mitchell who's been ultra consistent this year for a 109 average.

Coaches award is a tricky one. A player that would have won it if he hadn't left us mid-season is Mark Blicavs.

But, instead we'll go for Shaun Higgins who has been a revelation for us in defence this season.
I thought 'the Chad' would get the nomination for certain

Higgins has been incredible though

Jukes

Alright with that sorted I'll send out the pms with voting on these awards, other awards, and early rule changes

Jukes

Will have the results up in this thread on Friday, so get hyped

If you haven't voted and don't want to, I won't go chasing you up about it so dw

Jukes

Will give ele and ck (about) 24 hours to get in their votes, no biggie if they don't do them - pretty big leads in the three awards, and 2 of the votes are sewn up.

In vote 1 option b (Following first round (picks 13 and 14)) won 3-5-2 (if in a tie I'd decide, and I'd go with b)

Vote 2 was a resounding 2-7 victory for option b, meaning Brooklyn have picks 1 and 13, Ottawa 2 and 14.

powersuperkents

elephants

I'll sling my votes through now lads

powersuperkents