Coaches Award and MVP/B&F Winner

Started by Jukes, August 17, 2015, 10:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Alright guys, for our end-of-season awards-thing we're going to have two separate, major awards: the Coaches MVP and the League MVP/Americas Medalist. Basically once we get in all the nominations, I'll get the 5-4-3-2-1's for both awards from every coach to determine the winner - this adds alternative to the usual whoever-scores-more-points-gets-honours system, because who doesn't like to mix it up!

Coaches Award is basically the player that you think deserves a special mention - whether it's overcoming adversity, exceeding expectations vastly, proving the coach wrong, or anything else in that trend.

MVP is basically the "best" player in your team - whoever wins your best and fairest is a good indicator, should you do one.

So yeah just post your guys here relatively soon I guess. Nominees can be changed up until the voting has started. Oh, and you can't vote for your own players.

Team: Coaches Award and MVP
Anaheim: Zach Merrett and Dan Hannebery
Boston: Rory Laird and Todd Goldstein
Brooklyn: Bachar Houli and Sam Jacobs
Chicago: Tom McDonald and Andrew Gaff
Colorado: Bernie Vince and Dane Swan
Houston: Dylan Roberton and Dayne Beams
Las Vegas: Tom Mitchell and Nat Fyfe
New Jersey: Liam Shiels and Robbie Gray
Peru: Marcus Bontempelli and Dustin Martin
Quito: Shaun Higgins and Sam Mitchell
Santiago: Jack Crisp and David Armitage
San Francisco: Brent Stanton and Heath Shaw

Jukes

Ours are Brent Stanton (Coaches Award ;)) and Heath Shaw (MVP)

Pkbaldy

Brooklyn Hawks;

MVP - Sam Jacobs

Coaches Award - Bachar Houli

powersuperkents

I think our one is obvious.

Although Jack Crisp won our equivalent of the Coaches award, another player won most consistent (i.e. 'the Nige Medal') and, the club's highest honour, the PSK medal.

Finished in the polls on 41 votes (destroying a 2nd place Macrae who finished on 21 votes).

He was our interim captain in dark times (no Gazza - Macrae's substandard start to the season - Hartlett being a total let down) and reached his full potential this season. Guaranteed status as a Cockerel for life, our club champion is;

DAVID ARMITAGE!

powersuperkents

Coaches award to Jack Crisp

Faced adversity in a struggling forward line. I don't know why Waite waited until now to actually perform, I'm still perplexed over where this form was over the home & away season.

kilbluff1985

Ducks awards

MPV - Daniel Hannebery

Coaches Award - Zachary Merrett

T Dog

Colorado Awards

MVP - Todd Goldstein

Coaches Award - Bernie Vince

powersuperkents

Quote from: T Dog on August 18, 2015, 09:29:17 AM
Colorado Awards

MVP - Todd Goldstein

got to nominate one of your own man. You'll be voting for Goldstein when the thread opens up (i.e. if Ele nominates him  :P )

T Dog

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 18, 2015, 11:48:59 AM
Colorado Awards

MVP - Todd Goldstein

got to nominate one of your own man. You'll be voting for Goldstein when the thread opens up (i.e. if Ele nominates him  :P )

DT?...SC.?..close   :-[

MVP - Dane Swan

Jukes

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 18, 2015, 11:48:59 AM
Colorado Awards

MVP - Todd Goldstein

After last week's stellar performance I reckon ele might give Mickey Barlow the nod ;)

popedelio

MVP - Andrew Gaff
CA - Tom McDonald

Andrew Gaff would've won both because he has been one of my most improved, but then he won my B&F, so to be fair Tom McDonald is my CA  :P became a gun defender with those intercept marks

powersuperkents

Quote from: popedelio on August 18, 2015, 12:58:37 PM
MVP - Andrew Gaff
CA - Tom McDonald

Andrew Gaff would've won both because he has been one of my most improved, but then he won my B&F, so to be fair Tom McDonald is my CA  :P became a gun defender with those intercept marks
So far Macca has my vote

popedelio

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 18, 2015, 06:39:31 PM
Quote from: popedelio on August 18, 2015, 12:58:37 PM
MVP - Andrew Gaff
CA - Tom McDonald

So far Macca has my vote

Tommy was a beast at the start of the year, over the first 7 rounds he averaged 115 :o shame he couldn't keep it up to carry me into finals  :'(

SydneyRox

Vegas Nominate

Fyfe and Tom Mitchell

Football Factory

Houston Awards

MVP - Dayne Beams

Coaches Award - Dylan Roberton

Even tho Beams has only played 16 games he still did enough, played through injury for a while aswell.

Roberton has had a breakout year and is now a valuable member of the team.