Finals Week Three Thread

Started by Jukes, August 16, 2015, 10:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Fixtures
Boston Terriers vs Quito Quetzals

Two very evenly matched sides will play off for the chance to challenge the Grizzlies in the grand final. Quito scored 11 points more than Boston in the first week of finals, while Boston scored 1 point more than Quito in the second week. In their two meetings this season, Boston won by 12 and 17 points, so they certainly have the recent strangle-hold on the clash. I'd tip the home side to get home, but definitely up in the air and won't be decided until late on Sunday for sure.

Lockout will occur at the start of Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide at 7:50pm EST on Friday the 21st of August.

Team lists: http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99246.0.html

Team Submission
D: A. Player, B. Player, C. Player, D. Player
M: E. Player (c), F. Player (vc), G. Player, H. Player, I. Player, J. Player
R: K. Player
F: L. Player (evc), M. Player, N. Player, O. Player
U: P. Player, Q. Player, R. Player
Emg: S. Player, T. Player, U. Player, V. Player (sub)

Pkbaldy

Jukes

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 16, 2015, 10:51:03 PM
Poll for tipping?? :P

Next week maybe haha

I'm 1-0 against Quito and 3-0 against Boston this season (remember when people were talking shower about us being able to play good teams?), so don't really mind who wins because I'll knock them both off in the grannie!

Would probably lean towards supporting Quito though, seeing as Boston have scored 120+ every time we've played them.

Memphistopheles

Quito Quetzals

D: Shaun Higgins, Kade Simpson, Tom Langdon, Jarryn Geary
M: Sam Mitchell(C), Jarrad McVeigh, Ryan Griffen, Jack Redden, Brad Ebert, Levi Greenwood 
R: Aaron Sandilands (VC)
F: Brendon Goddard, Chad Wingard, Josh J Kennedy, Lewis Jetta
U: Ivan Maric, Tom J Lynch, Garrick Ibbotson

E: Shane Savage (D), Jesse Lonergan (M), Jeremy Cameron (F) (sub),  Matt Suckling (D).

There's talk Goddard could be a late out so I'm going to take the C off him.

elephants

Boston Terriers

D: R.Murphy, J.Howe, E.Wood, R.Laird
M: S.Pendlebury (vc), M.Priddis (c), T.Cotchin, M.Barlow, N.Dal Santo, L.Neale (dvc)
R: T.Goldstein
F: N.Riewoldt, L.Dahlhaus, M.Robinson, J.Watts
U: M.Wallis, D.Sheed, A.Carrazzo

Emg: J.Grant (sub), Z.Clarke, J.Webster, H.Goddard

Jukes

I'm probably going to be out until late Sunday, so scores will probably be well after the final siren on Sunday. I'll try my best to do them asap. Will put up another score update tomorrow night.

Currently we're at:
Boston: 0/0, captain and vice-captain to play, add HGA
Quito: 369/3, vice-captain to play

Wingard great, Mitchell average, Ebert poor. Still in the balance for sure.

Jukes

Update
Boston: 507/5, captain to play, HGA to be added
Quito: 1227/13, vice-captain to play

Obviously Boston have a long way to come home, the numbers are heavily in their favour but a spud score here and there could turn the match on it's head. Three scores in the 50s really hurt Quito.

For comparison, San Francisco would be at 1658/15, and would be on track to score a lazy 1938 (129), no HGA.

elephants

Crazy that I have so many players across the final three games haha

powersuperkents

Quote from: Jukes on August 23, 2015, 12:29:34 AM
Update
Boston: 507/5, captain to play, HGA to be added
Quito: 1227/13, vice-captain to play

Obviously Boston have a long way to come home, the numbers are heavily in their favour but a spud score here and there could turn the match on it's head. Three scores in the 50s really hurt Quito.

For comparison, San Francisco would be at 1658/15, and would be on track to score a lazy 1938 (129), no HGA.
Are you serious  :P

This is suppose to be your week off hahahaha

If Watts doesn't flower up Boston looks like they'll get the win. Wouldn't doubt Sandilands though 

Football Factory

Couldn't help himself lol

JXVIII

Jukes

One of these teams will be playing me next week, they should know what they're up against!

powersuperkents

Quote from: Jukes on August 23, 2015, 01:18:14 PM
One of these teams will be playing me next week, they should know what they're up against!
It sounds more like you need to know whether you're team is still in shape for the big game  :P

Are you getting worried Jukes? haha

Jukes

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 23, 2015, 04:39:47 PM
Quote from: Jukes on August 23, 2015, 01:18:14 PM
It sounds more like you need to know whether you're team is still in shape for the big game  :P

Are you getting worried Jukes? haha

Seeing as we finished up on 1971 (131.4) and are averaging 129.3 over the last 9 weeks, wouldn't say I am no

Scores up soonish

Jukes

Boston Terriers 20.6.126 defeated Quito Quetzals 19.7.121
(Real: 1887 vs 1810)

As expected, the Terriers will go on to face arch-rivals San Francisco in the grand final next week. Although closer than was expected, before and during the game, the Quetzals couldn't hold off the late surge by Boston. Quito were just far too inconsistent: 2 scores above 140 and a further 6 in the best, but they also had 6 scores under 70, compared to just the 2 on the other side. And, although the 57 points of HGA didn't necessarily win the game, it did make up the bulk of the final margin.

Best
Boston: Priddis, Goldstein, Neale, Wallis, Pendlebury, Barlow, Robinson
Quito: Kennedy, Sandilands, Wingard, McVeigh, Greenwood, Redden, Maric, Griffen
Finals Champion: Josh J Kennedy

powersuperkents

Should be a good Grand Final (top 2 teams so no surprises like when the 8th placed side won last year hahaha - what happened to Detroit hahahaha).

It pains me to say it, but San Fran look the easy favourites - but so did the Swans & Boston last year  :P