FINALS WEEK ONE 2015 MATCH CENTRE

Started by BB67th, August 12, 2015, 08:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

FINALS WEEK ONE

SENIORS

1ST QUALIFYING FINAL

UAE Tigers (2434) defeated Kathmandu Eskimos (1753)

The Tigers ended up the minor premiers after a dominant season, and plenty of depth in their squad. Kathmandu have been solid performers, with a good second half of the season to shore up a top 4 position. The Tigers definitely go in as favourites, but Kathmandu shouldn't be written off easily.

1ST ELIMINATION FINAL

Bangladesh Bears (1915) defeated by Sri Lanka Strikers (2038)

Who would have thought last year's Grand Final would be replayed as an Elimination Final? That's what we have served up here, with the Bears taking on the Strikers. Bangladesh were solid again throughout this year, putting in many a good performance with their old guard leading the charge. The Strikers' form has been patchy, especially of late, but they could easily recreate last year's heroics and cause some damage this finals series.

2ND ELIMINATION FINAL

Mongolian Lambs (1964) defeated KL Crocodiles (1864)

KL would feel hard done by of scoring the most points throughout the season of the 3 teams tied on 48 points, yet find themselves in 7th position. After having a big trade period last off-season, they have been ravaged by injury and poor form, and find themselves in the lower half of the top 8. Mongolia again find themselves there abouts in the competition's pointy end, but could this be the year they finally take that extra step and get to the last week?

2ND QUALIFYING FINAL

Australian Ales (1745) defeated by Laos Elephants (1940)

Australia were the dominant team of the competition for much of the season, led from the front in the midfield in two emerging stars in Steven and Armitage, as well as a range of other top players. They will be hard to beat this week, but Laos are as good a chance as any, especially if their forward line fires. This one will be an intriguing clash for sure.

RESERVES

1ST QUALIFYING FINAL

UAE Tigers (1242) defeated Sri Lanka Strikers (750)

1ST ELIMINATION FINAL

PNG Head Hunters (886) defeated Kathmandu Eskimos (750)

2ND ELIMINATION FINAL

Turkish Gazelles (824) defeated Laos Elephants (598)

2ND QUALIFYING FINAL

Mongolian Lambs (1406) defeated Australian Ales (638)

Nige

You're not wrong when you say the game probably hinges on the forward line firing.

Our midfield is depleted at the moment and our defenders are inconsistent. Lord Goldy in the ruck has been phenomenal and will hopefully give us another solid score as C this week.

Shane Edwards likely inclusion this week is a welcome addition to the team, will certainly remove some uncertainty in the XV and means I won't have to take a punt on a Darcy Moore type.

PowerBug

Selection time. Wow this is difficult :-\

I have:
Defence: 8 named, 2 extended bench, 1 emergency
Mids: 5 named, 2 extended bench
Ruck: 1 named
Fwds: 10 named

That totals 24 named, 4 extended bench, 1 emergency

Ugh. Not to mention some guys that are sub risks and if I name them I basically lose. If I nail selection I reckon I will knock off the Tigers. Good luck JRoo, you probably have more issues than me judging by your reserves score each week.

Rusty00

Spud West in for his first game of the year ready to dominate for the HeadHunter's reserves team in their Elimination final :D

Jroo

Quote from: PowerBug on August 13, 2015, 07:30:32 PM
Selection time. Wow this is difficult :-\

I have:
Defence: 8 named, 2 extended bench, 1 emergency
Mids: 5 named, 2 extended bench
Ruck: 1 named
Fwds: 10 named

That totals 24 named, 4 extended bench, 1 emergency

Ugh. Not to mention some guys that are sub risks and if I name them I basically lose. If I nail selection I reckon I will knock off the Tigers. Good luck JRoo, you probably have more issues than me judging by your reserves score each week.
It's pretty easy for us PB. Just name the same team each week as they keep performing  :P Good luck to you too  :)

Nige

So Aaron Hall's inspired form of late has got him his first game (at least under me anyway). I'm hoping he keeps up the good work.

Would have been nice to have Shedwards back, but we've got some in form players (Crameri, Hall, Fasolo) covering injuries. I just wish our midfield hadn't been savaged by injuries. We're missing Prestia, Shiel and Wines.  :(

Ricochet

any danger Pendles....

Sidey though <3

Nige

Ricochet

8)

Pendles  150x2
Sidey  146x1.5
Grundy  114

PowerBug

Team Name: Kathmandu Eskimos
Defence: Liam Picken (vc), James Kelly 66, Michael Firrito 94, Colin Garland
Midfield: Dan Hannebery (c) 286, Isaac Smith 123, Brad Ebert (dvc) 105, Andrew Gaff
RucK: Paddy Ryder 115
Forwards: Eddie Betts 139, Luke Breust 135, Lewis Jetta 98, Lindsay Thomas 92
Utilities: Chris Dawes (F), Tendai Mzungu (M)
Emergencies: Levi Greenwood (M) 28, Ben Howlett (F/M) 76, Heritier Lumumba (D/M)

= cbf but not more than them

Team Name: UAE Tigers
Defence: Luke Hodge (vc) 240, Grant Birchall 131, Josh Gibson 78, Shaun Higgins 70
Midfield: David Mundy 156, Nathan Jones 108, Ryan Griffen 150, Mitch Wallis 177
Ruck: Stefan Martin 151
Forwads: Dustin Martin (c) 394, Dane Swan (dvc) 180, Brett Deledio 136, Brendon Goddard 155
Utilities: Jack Ziebell (MID/FWD) 132, Jack Riewoldt (FWD) 102
Emergencies: Shaun Grigg (MID) 123, David Zaharakis (MID) 125, Jarrod Harbrow (DEF/MID) 81

= 2,430.8

Toga

171 from McVeigh if my calcs are correct 8)

Nige

155 from De Goey and 80 from Fas to start us off.  :D

Toga

Petrie, Montagna and Stanton turning it on 8)

Nige

Ales - 1745/15 with C, VC and HGA

Jack Newnes 142, Matt Broadbent 79, Cale Hooker 126, Sam Butler 69
Jack Steven 90x2=180 (c), David Armitage 147, Jordan Lewis 124, Toby Greene 103
Rory Lobb 50
Robbie Gray 106x1.5=159 (vc), Jesse Hogan 94, Jack Gunston 102, Jack Crisp 110
Luke Shuey 137, Chris Masten 72

Lewis Taylor, Trent McKenzie, Adam Tomlinson

vs

Laos - 1932.5/15 with C and VC

Brodie Smith 101, Jarryn Geary 121, Alex Fasolo 80, Tom McDonald 154
Michael Barlow 23, Liam Shiels 171x1.5=256.5 (vc), Travis Boak 89, Lachie Whitfield 72
Todd Goldstein 107x2=214 (c)
Jarryd Roughead 129, Josh J Kennedy 132, Tex Walker 128, Stewart Crameri 121
Aaron Hall 151, Jordan De Goey 161

Darcy Moore, Matt White, Jed Adcock

I think that's right...

I reckon this is a bit of an upset, so it's good to get up against the odds.