Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

Matchday 5: Quarter Finals, AFL Round 20

Team ATeam B
UAE Tigers     VS    Berlin Brewers
PNL Reindeers     VS    Bangladesh Bears
Dublin Destroyers     VS    Bradford Badgers
Kathmandu Eskimos     VS    Christchurch Saints

There are now only 8 teams remianing in the Champions League. The 8 best? They'd have to be considered that.

UAE have perhaps the best forward line out of all the teams and their backline is not too shabby either. But what is truly scary (for Berlin) is that they scored 1595 last week with Griffin, Jones and Swallow spudding up. Who knows what they could reach if those 3 all play to their full capabilities. Berlin have been a hit and miss team thus far in the Champs League with a horrible start to the tournament followed by 2 good weeks and now just getting over Oxford this past week. Berlin will definitely need to go big and that should be assisted by the return of Nat Fyfe. But the dilemma is now, do they captain Fyfe? If fact both teams have numerous captain options, getting it right will be crucial in this one. I think UAE should win this one as they might just have too many stars for the Brewers to handle.

PNL have quality all over their park. They also have a few players who they'll be sweating on. Can players like Jarrod Harbrow, Tom Sheridan, Zac O'Brien, Daniel Rich perform to a Champions League standard? If they can't then the Reindeers will have no chance against the 2 time AXV Premiers, Bangladesh. That speaks for itself. The Bears always seem to do well this time of year, and just when you thought they couldn't get any better, Fyfe comes back! Bears coach Adamant was fired up after a big win over their rivals Australia last week and will be looking to move further along in the Champs League. I'll tip the Bears in a close one.

Dublin is the favourite. No denying that. If you haven't seen Dublin's list, I sugguest that you go check it out. But Bradford could just be the team that can beat them. The Badgers have a lot of very high-ceiling players and if they have good days, they can beat Dublin. Bradford will need at least 1600 to defeat Dublin and this will only happen if Cotchin and Barlow lift back to where they should be and they get their captain right. Who do Bradford captain this week? There is no obvious choice, if you have any suggestions for them comment below. Will Holz stick to captaining his favourite player Goldy? Or will he take the punt on Selwood? I think Dublin will be too strong and will defeat Bradford not by as much as some may think though.

Kathmandu finally showed us what they can do last week. The same can be said about Christchurch. Both of these teams scored over 1530 last week and this one is probably the hardest to predict out of all the matches this round. Kathmandu's midfield is very good and may well run all over the Saints but who knows? Both teams have Liam Picken and both teams captained him last week. Will they do the same this week? Taking the captaincy off him may prove beneficial but it may also prove costly. This one should be match of the round and I'll tip Kathmandu by just a couple.

I'd like to hear your predictions below.

You may also be wondering, why isn't there a poll to vote on next weeks poster boy? Ahhh you see I'm going to let YOU, the coaches of the 8 remianing teams nominate who YOU want on the poster. Your favourite player? A player form your XV's team? A random spud? That's right whoever can convince me that someone should be on the poster will win!

Holz

Goldy for the poster.

Also i would like to see UAE forward line

I reckon Buddy Martin Roughy Gunston Walters is pretty decent.

going for my 5th straight top scoring team in the world. Buddy and Murphy would be nice

Hellopplz

My Reindeers eat Bears for breakfast >:D. And the winter seasons just suit us more!

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on August 11, 2015, 10:03:09 PM
going for my 5th straight top scoring team in the world. Buddy and Murphy would be nice
Prestia, Lecca, Minson, Harwood, and Judd would be nice as well :-\

I'll request Missy Higgins for the poster, or Tommy Lynch!

Also someone please help me choose a captain haha

Purple 77

Plz. Fyfe is overdue for 170, and with him as captain (as he will most certainly will be), not even Dublin can stop me :P

I'm torn over who to nominate for next weeks poster... I want it to be Jesse Hogan, but feel like I'd be the only one to go for that.

So will also nominate the friendly neighbourhood docker, Zac Dawson!

And again, incredible work Levi! The posters continue to amaze me  :o

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 11, 2015, 10:20:00 PM
Plz. Fyfe is overdue for 170, and with him as captain (as he will most certainly will be), not even Dublin can stop me :P

Treloar has abanded you though.

Fyfe is no Goldy

PowerBug

Quote from: Holz on August 11, 2015, 10:21:53 PM

Fyfe is no Goldy
Goldy is no Picken

Hellopplz

And Priddis is just over here at PNL smiling quietly, biding his time before it's his turn to take his rightful place as the poster boy for Champs League.

Levi434

UAE Forwards: D.Martin, D.Swan, B.Goddard, J.Ziebell

I think it's better than Dublin's TBH.  :P

Quote from: PowerBug on August 11, 2015, 10:28:41 PM

Fyfe is no Goldy
Goldy is no Picken

Goldy, Fyfe and Picken are no Ablett.   ;)

Good suggestions for the poster as well lads.
Currently have:
Todd Goldstein
Missy Higgins
Tom J. Lynch
Jesse Hogan
Zac Dawson
Matthew Priddis

Hellopplz

PNL's forward depth is so good, we don't even need Swan to play forward. #Winners #BestForwardLineEver #BeatItBears

Just for those who don't know, PNL's forward line this season was predominantly: Swan, Wingard, Westhoff, Rioli with Zerrett, Lynch (Crows) and Billings riding the bench :P.

meow meow

Champions? The poster has to be Richard Tambling.

Holz

Quote from: Levi434 on August 11, 2015, 10:51:26 PM

UAE Forwards: D.Martin, D.Swan, B.Goddard, J.Ziebell

I think it's better than Dublin's TBH.  :P

Quote from: PowerBug on August 11, 2015, 10:28:41 PM

Fyfe is no Goldy
Goldy is no Picken

Goldy, Fyfe and Picken are no Ablett.   ;)

Good suggestions for the poster as well lads.
Currently have:
Todd Goldstein
Missy Higgins
Tom J. Lynch
Jesse Hogan
Zac Dawson
Matthew Priddis

Untill next year when posibly none of them are forwards, than they are screwed.

I can afford to lose Martin with buddy Roughy gunny Walters.

GoLions

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on August 12, 2015, 12:23:47 AM
So who do I play next week?

It's up at the top :)

Speaking of which, the away teams are (almost) in alphabetical order :P

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 12, 2015, 09:56:29 AM
Quote from: GoLions on August 12, 2015, 12:23:47 AM
So who do I play next week?

It's up at the top :)

Speaking of which, the away teams are (almost) in alphabetical order :P