Main Menu

Adam Treloar

Started by sidvicious, August 09, 2015, 12:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 15, 2015, 11:04:33 PM
What are Collingwood wanting this Trade Period?

In: Treloar, Aish, Howe
Out: Seeds, Freeman

How can all this fit in a salary cap?
Treloar & Howe will want a fair slab, and we know Aish is a little financially orientated, something has got to give?

Nothing has to give. Pendles, Cloke and Swan are the only three on our list that I currently foresee demanding over $600-700k per year, with a lot of our players currently on the list earning anything from between $200-600k, with many at that base/mid value. If you take a good hard look at our list, you will see that we fail in comparison to many other teams in terms of having genuine 'superstars' that require the money to keep on the team, and that a lot of our players are talent in terms of youth which means minimal expenditure, or players who have come across from opposition teams such as Varcoe and Greenwood who would be on $300-500k per year as an example.

Take a look at Hawthorn and ask that question mate, because if you think for one second that Collingwood has to give something up for a star, a highlights reel and a current wannabe, you must be highly delusional.

powersuperkents

Quote from: _wato on October 15, 2015, 11:40:38 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on October 15, 2015, 11:04:33 PM
What are Collingwood wanting this Trade Period?

In: Treloar, Aish, Howe
Out: Seeds, Freeman

How can all this fit in a salary cap?
Treloar & Howe will want a fair slab, and we know Aish is a little financially orientated, something has got to give?

Nothing has to give. Pendles, Cloke and Swan are the only three on our list that I currently foresee demanding over $600-700k per year, with a lot of our players currently on the list earning anything from between $200-600k, with many at that base/mid value. If you take a good hard look at our list, you will see that we fail in comparison to many other teams in terms of having genuine 'superstars' that require the money to keep on the team, and that a lot of our players are talent in terms of youth which means minimal expenditure, or players who have come across from opposition teams such as Varcoe and Greenwood who would be on $300-500k per year as an example.

Take a look at Hawthorn and ask that question mate, because if you think for one second that Collingwood has to give something up for a star, a highlights reel and a current wannabe, you must be highly delusional.
+1

Would not think Collingwood's salary cap is squeezed - Blair would be one of the higher earners in the club and he would certainly be at less than $400k per season.

Add Beams leaving last season (Crisp, De Goey, & Moore combined would not cost 50% of what he would have been paid)

A young list in which the older players are not superstars. Varcoe would be one of their higher earners.

Salary cap would be the least of Collingwood's problems going into this off-season imo

T Dog

Derek Hine, A God who walks amongst mere mortals  ;D

Mat0369

New Pie Treloar is 'delusional', says Bartlett

I don't think KB should be calling anyone delusional without looking in the mirror first. I wonder how this guy actually has a job in the media?

Nige

Nobody listens to KB, as much as I love him.

He's only good at riling up Blues and Pies supporters who take him seriously.

T Dog

Quote from: Nige on November 20, 2015, 07:37:17 PM

He almost has me changing my Pies support to the Tiges...almost   ;D

Mat0369

Quote from: Nige on November 20, 2015, 07:37:17 PM

I know he is full of crap, the sad thing is he is serious in his own delusional mind.