Two first round picks way too much

Big Mac

Quote from: sidvicious on October 14, 2015, 08:27:48 PM

A bird in the hand or 2 in the bush....

meow meow

Quote from: sidvicious on October 14, 2015, 08:27:48 PM

Not really. Treloar would go at pick 1 if he was in the draft and the majority of clubs would give up picks 7 and 10 to get a number 1 draft pick. GWS offered picks 5 and 6 to St Kilda for the number one draft pick last year and the Giants got knocked back. Top end talent that has already gotten the showerty development years out the way is easily worth it.

T Dog

Treloar, Aish, Howe...Noice  :)

sidvicious

Bill Manspeaker

T Dog

That's just not right   >:(

powersuperkents

Just nut up and give GWS both first round picks Collingwood (I would be over the moon if Port were in that position).

He's a gun and you recently recruited Moore, De Goey, Maynard & Scharenberg (Goodyear is promising as well)

What's there to lose? - remember Broomhead & Grundy were recent picks as well

Plus Treloar is young...

T Dog

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 14, 2015, 09:21:00 PM
Just nut up and give GWS both first round picks Collingwood (I would be over the moon if Port were in that position).

He's a gun and you recently recruited Moore, De Goey, Maynard & Scharenberg (Goodyear is promising as well)

What's there to lose? - remember Broomhead & Grundy were recent picks as well

Plus Treloar is young...

Just need a little something to get it done....Rocky?   ;D

tbagrocks

I swear GWS are flowering stupid

Yes I said it two, three and four years ago! Why hoard draft picks? Why not get ALL the bigger, older bodies you can scrape? (No not Stevie J, too flowering old ::) )

flower me, they still don't get it up thee and all the high picked kids are leaving now ::)

Was I wrong or was I correct? ;)

T Dog

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 14, 2015, 09:35:52 PM

Yes I said it two, three and four years ago! Why hoard draft picks? Why not get ALL the bigger, older bodies you can scrape? (No not Stevie J, too flowering old ::) )

flower me, they still don't get it up thee and all the high picked kids are leaving now ::)

Yes you were mate   ::)

powersuperkents

Losing Treloar is big, but remember they have been in demand by older experienced players (Mumford, Shaw, Patfull, & Griffen) and they have young ACT-based talent (who are more promising than Treloar was in his junior years - not comparing them though because Treloar elite) coming through with Kennedy & Hopper and even more next season. Academy players will be more loyal and I see losing Treloar being bad in the short-term, but the Giants can easily replace him in the long-term (he's a gun, but at the end of the day midfielders grow on trees and the club has done well to secure the irreplaceable players - i.e. Jezza Cameron etc. - I think McCarthy is just immature and will stay at the Giants by the time his current contract is served as well).

I think in terms of their list in the long-term, they will be fine as long as Jeremy Cameron stays (and he's signed for like the next 7 years - at approx. $1mil per season as well..)

elephants

I can't even begin to explain how wrong you are

fanTCfool

What are Collingwood wanting this Trade Period?

In: Treloar, Aish, Howe
Out: Seeds, Freeman

How can all this fit in a salary cap?
Treloar & Howe will want a fair slab, and we know Aish is a little financially orientated, something has got to give?

Grazz

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 15, 2015, 11:04:33 PM
What are Collingwood wanting this Trade Period?

In: Treloar, Aish, Howe
Out: Seeds, Freeman

How can all this fit in a salary cap?
Treloar & Howe will want a fair slab, and we know Aish is a little financially orientated, something has got to give?

Backended contracts do wonders in these situations.