Main Menu

Adam Treloar

Started by sidvicious, August 09, 2015, 12:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Quote from: Nige on August 12, 2015, 10:51:32 AM
Surely the midfield is the one place you don't need to add players to?  :P

Quite right Nige. JRoo could be handy   :)

elephants

I overrate Seedsman I think but I reckon he has the tools to be elite.

meow meow

Quote from: elephants on August 12, 2015, 12:15:26 PM

His defensive game is atrocious. Collingwood are a highly defensive team and Bucks won't stand for his lapses in concentration/ability to stick to the gameplan.

elephants

Quote from: meow meow on August 12, 2015, 12:31:13 PM
Quote from: elephants on August 12, 2015, 12:15:26 PM

His defensive game is atrocious. Collingwood are a highly defensive team and Bucks won't stand for his lapses in concentration/ability to stick to the gameplan.

Oh, I agree. But his attacking attributes could benefit a team who believe his attacking assets outweigh his defensive deficiencies or who have players that can cover Seedsman's defensive flaws.

Toga

Quote from: T Dog on August 12, 2015, 11:07:16 AM
Quote from: Nige on August 12, 2015, 10:51:32 AM
Surely the midfield is the one place you don't need to add players to?  :P

Quite right Nige. JRoo could be handy   :)

Lol, dreaming :P

Spite

Treloar is enough for me... wouldn't mind Aish but he'd be squeezing someone else out.

Treloar for first round pick this year and a second round pick next year + sweetener?
Aish for a first round pick next season + seeds or a second round pick next year will probably get it done.

Bennedy should be traded for a second rounder so that may ease some trading issues

Big Mac

Don't think Aish is worth it imo

Hasn't done enough to justify the (likely) high asking price

MC

Quote from: Spite on August 12, 2015, 02:23:27 PM
Treloar is enough for me... wouldn't mind Aish but he'd be squeezing someone else out.

Treloar for first round pick this year and a second round pick next year + sweetener?
Aish for a first round pick next season + seeds or a second round pick next year will probably get it done.

Bennedy should be traded for a second rounder so that may ease some trading issues

Ben Kennedy was drafted at #19 and certainly hasn't done anything to drop in value, surely? He's played well when given the opportunity, and would be a ready-made asset after his 25-odd games of AFL experience. Probably worth more than a mere 2nd-rounder in such a shallow draft? Could be used (similar to Crisp) to sweeten a deal with Brisbane or another club perhaps, but I can't see them offloading him for (effectively) nothing. He is also contracted until the end of 2016, having just recently signed an extension.

He's from SA originally, straight swap for Danger? 8)

Spite

Quote from: MC on August 12, 2015, 04:18:36 PM

Ben Kennedy was drafted at #19 and certainly hasn't done anything to drop in value, surely? He's played well when given the opportunity, and would be a ready-made asset after his 25-odd games of AFL experience. Probably worth more than a mere 2nd-rounder in such a shallow draft? Could be used (similar to Crisp) to sweeten a deal with Brisbane or another club perhaps, but I can't see them offloading him for (effectively) nothing. He is also contracted until the end of 2016, having just recently signed an extension.

He's from SA originally, straight swap for Danger? 8)

He hasn't maintained his exact value so even if it was a little drop in value that pushes him in to the second round, which is what I was saying? He definitely has not played so well when given the chances, that's why he keeps getting dropped!! I would love to get rid of him now before he definitely drops in value, we don't need any more small mids/forwards so sell him while we can imo.

Toga

The problem I see with Bennedy is he hasn't been allowed to have any continuity with his chances so far - he's played near 50% of his games starting as the sub (limiting the impact he can have on games) and then is often dropped the week after because of this lack of ability to impact the game. I think give him a bit of continuity and you might be surprised at just what he could be able to do.

That being said, you guys have a lot of players like him, so he might be best to seek opportunity elsewhere. I'm a big fan so certainly hoping he does get a chance whether it be at Collingwood or at another team!

Ziplock

eh, I dunno if that'd get it done.

like, if the giants had no other choice... but they could play hardball.

Spite

Quote from: Ziplock on August 12, 2015, 04:52:23 PM

So first and second rounder and sweetener is a no go? I'm sure that's all we will trade man. Beams was worth roughly that and treloar is not that different, especially if he doesn't want to play at the club at all costs next year. Tbh I'd rather let him walk into the draft than offer overs... don't think others could afford to take him salary wise and also it's waste of a pick on someone who will walk when that 2 year contract is done. Pies and GWS have a pretty good trading history and I'm sure it'll get done easily though, just think GWS fans will be a little disappointed.

Big Mac

Quote from: Spite on August 12, 2015, 07:16:19 PM

So first and second rounder and sweetener is a no go? I'm sure that's all we will trade man. Beams was worth roughly that and treloar is not that different, especially if he doesn't want to play at the club at all costs next year. Tbh I'd rather let him walk into the draft than offer overs... don't think others could afford to take him salary wise and also it's waste of a pick on someone who will walk when that 2 year contract is done. Pies and GWS have a pretty good trading history and I'm sure it'll get done easily though, just think GWS fans will be a little disappointed.

Can't figure out how this could possibly be the case

Beams and Treloar are 2 very different situations imo

Ziplock

It depended what the sweetener was?

I suppose it rests on how highly GWS rate the draft this year/ next year.

Spite

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 12, 2015, 07:44:51 PM

Can't figure out how this could possibly be the case

Beams and Treloar are 2 very different situations imo

Why are they that different? Treloar is just being more tactful about it. He wants to come home to Vic and that's that. The club isn't going to hold him "hostage" there. Just like we didn't hold Beams "hostage". Beams wanted to go home - albeit wouldn't just come out and say it and made up excuses.