Main Menu

Adam Treloar

Started by sidvicious, August 09, 2015, 12:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidvicious

Why are all the media reporting that Treloar is sure to come to Collingwood ? Can anyone explain what connection he has to the club if any? Also the same question on Aish surly he would be more likely to go back to S.A

Holz

Quote from: sidvicious on August 09, 2015, 12:13:34 PM
Why are all the media reporting that Treloar is sure to come to Collingwood ? Can anyone explain what connection he has to the club if any? Also the same question on Aish surly he would be more likely to go back to S.A

I think its more to do with the fact they have the cap space to get him. Have a young team with lots of upside but can provide him more of a staring role than GWS can with their loads of talent (and also more money and of course its Victoria). They are also highly pursuing him.

North probably isnt as good a fit, carlton essendon no way, dogs probably have enough mid talent they need to keep and are paying boyd. Richmond is the second best fit. Hawks wouldnt have the space for him and Geelong are going after Danger and Selwood.

Spite

Think he wants to come back to Vic. We also have Taylor Adams, not sure if they are friends but you'd think so. I've thought him coming to us was a lock a while ago and when I heard the new rules on draft picks, I'm even more confident he will be in the black and white next year.
Aish to Carlton has been a rumour for over a month now. Apparently he wants to go to a big club in the heart of AFL

_wato

I DONT WANT MORE MIDS BECAUSE WE HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM (Pendles, Swan, Sidey, Greenwood, Adams, Crisp, De Goey, Caff, Freeman, Karny etc) in saying that though, wouldn't say no to Treloar, but he's the wrong coop because we will pay overs for what we really need and that is a A GUN KEY POWER FORWARD and then I'll be happy

Spite

Quote from: _wato on August 09, 2015, 08:23:07 PM
I DONT WANT MORE MIDS BECAUSE WE HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM (Pendles, Swan, Sidey, Greenwood, Adams, Crisp, De Goey, Caff, Freeman, Karny etc) in saying that though, wouldn't say no to Treloar, but he's the wrong coop because we will pay overs for what we really need and that is a A GUN KEY POWER FORWARD and then I'll be happy

We don't have many treloar type midfielders though - being those that can actually kick well and hit targets. Adams, Greenwood, Swan all have average (too below avg) disposal.

Swan won't last forever though and Treloar is 22. From our list it would seem that our midfield isn't as deep as you think. Pendles, Swan, Adams, Crisp, De Goey and Caff should get a regular gig in the guts but that is only 6 people which isn't very many.
Freeman is quite a long way off I think and I am hoping he comes good but who knows. We can't reserve a midfielder spot for him incase he turns out to be a flop.

Karny is meant to be some sort of tall midfielder/forward but I'm not sure what his role would be in the team, guess we will see soon as I assume he will come in shortly after dominating the VFL this week.

Ben Kennedy is trade fodder or delist worthy unfortunately. He had a good second half on the weekend, but unfortunately, we just don't need him. Blair does the same things and he's a little more consistent.

If Seeds is indeed traded to Brisbane, that frees up a spot too. Our mids aren't actually that deep.

I agree on the key forward but with Cloke, Reid and Moore, I'm not so sure what the point would be. Where would be play Reid? Should we just trade him? We can't play him back now, did you see how good Marsh is?! We'd be forcing Marsh to another team if we did that. Goldy also would be questioning his worth to the team if we played Reid with Frost and Brown.

We have got quite a bunch of really good youth down back, I'm really happy how they are all learning and progressing as a unit. Getting an extra gun mid will add a huge amount to our team, especially if the forward delivery gets better because of this.
We have faz and Elliot who are both competent - yet confidence based small forwards so besides gathering experience and improving as a team, there isn't much to do in this trade period except for getting a gun mid.

Of course all this is my opinion, I could be way off!

meow meow

^ you forgot Sidebottom

Holz

Quote from: _wato on August 09, 2015, 08:23:07 PM

Treloar is better than all of them bar Pendles and would be your second best player on your team at age 22. who wouldnt want that. the only team that could afford to lose a treloar quality player is GWS.

Spite

Quote from: meow meow on August 09, 2015, 09:29:01 PM
^ you forgot Sidebottom

Good call. He can be used on the half back, forward flank or wing so he's versatile in our team. Adams sucks as a forward so he has to be a perma-mid.

_wato

Disagree that Treloar would be our second best player - I rate Sidebottom and Swan (at his current age) over him, albeit different players

What I'm really getting at is that you can have an unreal midfield, but unless there's a good team surrounding them and targets to kick too, they're useless!! Brisbane are the perfect example - Rocky, Beams, Redden, Rich, Hanley, Zorko, Christensen, Stef Martin is an unbelievable midfield but they're hopeless because their forward 6 just can't formulate enough goals! And this is exactly our problem at the moment, because our midfield and back 6 are doing a power of work but in recent weeks have been getting no reward from it. We've constantly had more inside 50's, CP's, tackles etc but Cloke has been useless, White is no good and Grundy/Witts isn't the third tall/ruck value that Hawthorn/NM get each week, Fas/Jamie/Blair have their games but are too stretched apart and Ben Reid is made out of something very very soft! I agree that Darcy Moore is the future and that Reid is a gun when playing but our window is in the next 4/5 years and as good as Treloar would be, I don't think he is the solution.

Jack Riewoldt is out of contract next year, so why not throw a 4/5 year multi million dollar deal at him? JRoo and Cloke with Reid/Frost/Brown down back looks better than Cloke/Reid and Frost/Brown/Goldsack (as our third defender)
Understand that Treloar would be a huge get as he will be a gun and you could argue that he already is, but I don't know about it..

Elliot, Cloke, Fasolo
Sidebottom, Reid, Blair
Crisp, Treloar, Adams
Langdon, Brown, Williams
Toovey, Frost, Goldsack
Grundy, Pendlebury, Swan
Insert 4 bench players

Edit: guess it does look like a much better team, hahahaha

Big Mac

Ricochet

Key forward? Just play Gault ;)

T Dog

Quote from: Ricochet on August 10, 2015, 06:42:50 PM
Key forward? Just play Gault ;)

Key forward? Just play Gault ;)   Nah....Just get Dangerfield   8)

MC

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/collingwood-is-hopeful-of-securing-adam-treloar-and-james-aish-during-afl-trade-period/story-e6frf3e3-1227479263831

This is interesting  8)

What do you think gets each deal done?
2015 and 2016 first picks for Treloar?
2015 2nd pick + seedy for Aish? Or do we need to give up more given how we went with the Beams deal? :P

nrich102

That's not going to happen.

Nige

Surely the midfield is the one place you don't need to add players to?  :P