Main Menu

Brent Boomer Harvey 400 club

Started by frenzy, July 18, 2015, 01:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenzy

you little star, congrats. Part of me wants you to not play this week and play in Melbourne the following week. I see your just limping over the line with a lazy 34 posessions against the Bombers this week.  8)

Grazz

Would of been nice for all the Roo's fans to be able to see it but not to be.
Congrats on the upcoming 400th Boomer, huge effort and when you look
at his size it's an even bigger achievement to reach 400.

Capper

Was surprised that he wasnt rested for a game but clearly he is going for the overall games total

T Dog

Is "Boomer" the 2nd best footballers nickname of all time?  Mick Nolen's "Galloping Gasometer" obviously No1  8)

Capper

Dont want to sound negative but is North Melbourne chasing the record for Boomer over on the ground success and winning games??

Holz

Quote from: Capper on July 21, 2015, 09:30:44 PM
Dont want to sound negative but is North Melbourne chasing the record for Boomer over on the ground success and winning games??

he was our second best player after Goldy firday night and it wasnt even close to third.

The man is north melbourne, he is worth it out there on leadership alone. Plus nobody cares more about their club if he didnt think hewas helping he wouldnt be out there.

we cant even rest him against the lions so he plays his 400th in Melbourne, thats how much we need him.

Ziplock

Quote from: Holz on July 21, 2015, 09:38:43 PM

he was our second best player after Goldy firday night and it wasnt even close to third.

The man is north melbourne, he is worth it out there on leadership alone. Plus nobody cares more about their club if he didnt think hewas helping he wouldnt be out there.

we cant even rest him against the lions so he plays his 400th in Melbourne, thats how much we need him.

Boomer would still be NM top 5.

Capper

I only ask after being benched and vested the other week

Holz

Quote from: Capper on July 22, 2015, 01:02:56 PM

I only ask after being benched and vested the other week

i think that was more of a rest than a tactical move.

ossie85

Well done Boomer!

He's wrong though, someone else will get there eventually

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on July 22, 2015, 02:51:33 PM
Well done Boomer!

i think he is probably correct though. It appears the youngsters will take abit more time to get games in early and the game is getting tougher to survive in. As the comp keeps getting stronger and stronger players will need to be at the top of their game to last.

Guys like Boomer don't come around very often and even if they do in the future the landscape is changing. I think Buddy will be the last player to kick 1000 goals.

ossie85

Quote from: Holz on July 22, 2015, 03:19:06 PM
Well done Boomer!

i think he is probably correct though. It appears the youngsters will take abit more time to get games in early and the game is getting tougher to survive in. As the comp keeps getting stronger and stronger players will need to be at the top of their game to last.

Guys like Boomer don't come around very often and even if they do in the future the landscape is changing. I think Buddy will be the last player to kick 1000 goals.

AFL changes so much in 5 years let alone 20 let alone 50... law of numbers says some other freak will come round and do the impossible

Big Mac

Well done Boomer!

*cough*Hogan*cough*

Holz

Quote from: Big  Mac on July 22, 2015, 05:42:20 PM
Well done Boomer!

*cough*Hogan*cough*

No shot, the guy has already missed one season due to injury.

He better pick up the pace, currently he needs to play 442 more games to reach 1000

JBs-Hawks

Well done Boomer!

I reckon Hogan and Jeremy Cameron could both get close to 1000 if Buddy gets there