Fantasy Premier League 2015/16 is open!

Started by Spite, July 14, 2015, 12:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Luigi197 on August 03, 2015, 05:58:02 PM
Costa in doubt for GW 1  :-[ :-[
I'm happy to play Vydra, I'm fairly sure he'll be scoring most of Watford's goals.

Vinny

Even though he has had a good pre-season, Ings won't start in PL unless Benteke/Sturridge are injured or rested, I'd look to swap him man.

Jackross10

Quote from: Vinny on August 03, 2015, 07:01:46 PM
Even though he has had a good pre-season, Ings won't start in PL unless Benteke/Sturridge are injured or rested, I'd look to swap him man.

Spot on bro

Spite

Quote from: Nige on August 03, 2015, 05:49:00 PM
Okay, so I just made a quick draft of a team, let me know how good or bad it is. Tried to look at some value for money.

Fabianki (Krul)
Ivanovic, Clyne, Dann, Alderweireld (Huth)
Hazard, Chadli, Schweinsteiger, Cabaye (Afellay)
Costa, Ings (Vydra)

Not bad, Fabianksi rotates well with Schmeichel if you want to choose him over Krul.

Ings wont play and Vydra is probably going to come off the bench as Deeney is generally a lone striker. I'd also change Schweinsteiger because he's not a good FPL prospect but hes a good player... Afellay could probs become wanyama to give some more certainty.
If you want some other cheap options, Ki/Mahrez are 5.5, Sinclair is 5.0
Sakho is 6.5, deeney/wilson are 5.5

Spite

Cabaye picked up a knock and is in doubt for GW1

Luigi197

so this fwd line is really giving me the shizzzz. i'm thinking atm:

Start with Rooney, Kane, Lambert (and 1.0) . relatively safe picks as there are no doubts over starting XI or fitness.
See how the first couple weeks pan out.
Then be prepared to switch Rooney and Kane into any Combo of Aguero+Pelle or Costa+Benteke or Lukaku. etc.

Thoughts? yay nay?

Rusty00

Quote from: Luigi197 on August 03, 2015, 11:27:51 PM

Start with Rooney, Kane, Lambert (and 1.0) . relatively safe picks as there are no doubts over starting XI or fitness.
Then be prepared to switch Rooney and Kane into any Combo of Aguero+Pelle or Costa+Benteke or Lukaku. etc.

Thoughts? yay nay?
Rooney will be back to playing as an out-and-out striker so is a good option whilst Kane has a good set of early fixtures (after ManU in GW1). I don't follow the Premier League closely enough though to know what Kane's chances are of backing up his outstanding debut year.

You definitely need to have a plan to get Aguero in early though.

Spite

Quote from: Luigi197 on August 03, 2015, 11:27:51 PM

Thoughts? yay nay?

Yep this looks like the standard plan man! There aren't actually many other combinations you can run with unfortunately.

Nige

Made a few changes after reading the replies, consulting a few mates and reading some articles.

Fabianski (Schmeichel)
Ivanovic, Richards, Dann, Alderweireld (Huth)
Hazard, Milner, Mahrez, Wanyama (Cabaye)
Rooney, Pelle (Wilson)

The doubts of Costa and Aguero suck, but I'll look to bring either in asap.

timmyparso

Quote from: Spite on July 30, 2015, 08:12:57 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on July 30, 2015, 01:38:31 PM
Hazards ownership is up to 54.4%. Hard to see his price rising above current price.

Tempted to leave out Hazard to start with and hope to catch him when he's cheaper

Yep wouldn't think he would increase, but if he starts well, you'll be playing catch up on his points!

I've left Hazard out of my current team, I have other captaincy options (although Costa is one!!) so don't see me loosing to much without him so long as my cheaper alternatives live up to my expectations.

If this fails there is always a wildcard or the $4.0M I have sitting in the bank so won't be hard to get him back in.

Spite

Quote from: Nige on August 04, 2015, 01:41:25 PM
Made a few changes after reading the replies, consulting a few mates and reading some articles.

Fabianski (Schmeichel)
Rooney, Pelle (Wilson)

Looking much better!

Cabaye is still in a slight doubt for GW1.

I have no idea why Fanfooty is all over Cabaye, his stats have not been very appealing! Pay 0.5 more to get a hendo/milner/chadli/tadic!

Nige

He's really good, decent price and Pardew can basically make Palace revolve around Cabaye.

R.Griffen

Fabianski (Schmeichel)
Rooney, Pelle (Wilson)

Jay Rodriguez missed all of last season for Southampton not sure if he's back right away but definitely will get the spot in front of Pelle if he's okay to play. However last year they played 2 up front when Rodriguez played it was only 1 but with CAM

blue

Spite

Quote from: blue on August 04, 2015, 05:54:39 PM
Who is the best defender @ 5.0

Williams. Maybe Cedric.

Quote from: R.Griffen on August 04, 2015, 03:01:45 PM

Fabianski (Schmeichel)
Rooney, Pelle (Wilson)

Jay Rodriguez missed all of last season for Southampton not sure if he's back right away but definitely will get the spot in front of Pelle if he's okay to play. However last year they played 2 up front when Rodriguez played it was only 1 but with CAM

Jrod won't start as his fitness isn't up to scratch. They have played him in some friendlies to get his fitness up and he started as a high wing, still behind Pelle. He won't displace Pelle but play with him