Main Menu

WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

That's 20 points of value and three years difference. Can someone please trade me a 120 average, 22 year old mid for Hartlett please? It's fair apparently.

Compo pick is deserved.

meow meow

I'd be generous and let your Zorko/Griffen mistake slide if you guys didn't screw me in the McKernan trade. I'd have Stefan and not Watson and I could live with you making one costly mistake but I'm not sitting by idly and suffering in silence while you guys cost my best XV value 20 points in the Zorko trade in addition to 25 points in the Martin (110) to Stevens 85 (Watson replacement).

Deserve 2 compo picks but I'll settle for one.

Adamant

It wasn't just Zorko for Griffen though meow. You also received Corey Ellis in that deal, a 19yo first round draft pick who could very well be a starter for you by the time Griffen is gone.

3 seasons from Griffen @ 90 + a whole career from Corey Ellis
vs
6-7 seasons from Zorko @ 95-100

I don't think it's as bad as you are making it out to be. ;)

meow meow

I also gave up Port's best Ruckman who has his whole career ahead of him in the trade.

You're correct. It's not that bad. It's worse.

meow meow

Was I the only person to object this? Shows why the trade voting is a joke sometimes.

Trade 31
Mexico City trade: Allen Christensen + Taylor Hunt
Beijing trade: Eddie Betts, Sam Gray + Maverick Weller

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on March 22, 2016, 12:15:35 PM
Was I the only person to object this? Shows why the trade voting is a joke sometimes.

Trade 31
Mexico City trade: Allen Christensen + Taylor Hunt
Beijing trade: Eddie Betts, Sam Gray + Maverick Weller

to be fair gray wasn't assured to get his midfield role back once all the port mids came back. So on the surface it wasnt a terrible terrible trade at the time .

It was bad though and alot fairer trades went down.

Just another case of Mexico flying under the radar. this is why they made 4 straight top 4s.

meow meow

Christo and Hunt for Betts and Weller looks even so essentially people were saying Gray was worth nothing? Factor in that Robbie was a late bloomer and it made no sense to me then and even less sense now. Mexico City pulled off a Dublin type trade.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on March 22, 2016, 12:35:55 PM
Christo and Hunt for Betts and Weller looks even so essentially people were saying Gray was worth nothing? Factor in that Robbie was a late bloomer and it made no sense to me then and even less sense now. Mexico City pulled off a Dublin type trade.

Mexico pulled off a dublin trade is true in the sense that gray was underrated at the time.

Betts Weller is not worth Christo Hunt though.

I think it just shows that trade voting is flawed soo many cases of bad going through and good getting blocked.