WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

One team clearly getting the short straw on that three way deal. Dunno if it's enough to reject it tho.

Ricochet

Quote from: My Chumps on November 14, 2015, 02:17:30 PM
One team clearly getting the short straw on that three way deal. Dunno if it's enough to reject it tho.
If you need a breakdown/explanation on a particular part man, flick me a pm

RaisyDaisy

Instead of saying something like this, why don't you just say who you think is and why? Seems pointless making a comment like that otherwise  :-\

Heeney + Hrovat for Sidebottom is spot on

Mexico get a replacement (although not as good as Sidey) in Adams and get an upgrade on Hurn to Shaw but downgrade Sidey to Adams and give Grigg as well in order to do so

New York give up the best defender in the comp (and top 10 2015 scorer) and get the best young prospect in return. Giving up Adams, a young gun to get Hurn as a (younger) replacement for Shaw and Grigg to start as a Utility makes up for that and gives us solid players for the positions we need filled

Hurn and Grigg might not get a lot of credit from people around here, but Hurn is capable of averaging 90 and Grigg just did as well which is solid for a Utility

Obviously depends on how you value certain players personally, but the way we value players (the 3 teams involved) see's us all agreeing that this trade is great for all of us and fair

Ricochet

Still looking to upgrade our picks Nat 12, 24, 46, 50, 59, 72, 76

For 24, 46 then we'd either use those picks or any of these guys below
DEF: LDelaney, DTalia, SiWhite, SRussell
MID: WHams
RUCK: LPierce
FWD: JGrant, Tunbridge, RBail, BJohnson

Can use other players if upgrading 12

RaisyDaisy

Just over a day left to go - curious to see if there is another big trade to land before the close off

In terms of New York, we are officially closed for business and done now

If this weeks trades pass (which I would like to think would) then we finish the trade period with 36 players on our senior list and Picks 18,19,20 and PSD 1 to fill the 40, with 6 picks including 2 first rounders in the Rookie draft to fill our rookie list

All in all, it seems like everything has fallen into place and we are pretty much where we want to be :)

Good luck to the remaining teams still negotiating deals - hopefully we see a few more juicy ones land before tomorrow night :)

kilbluff1985

we're waiting on a team to decide on a trade which is a pretty significant trade

Ringo

If anyone is interested in depth players Tom Lonergan and David Mackay are available. Late 2nd rd or later picks may secure.  Send offers.

Torpedo10

ALL Players are up for sale, for the right price.

My Chumps

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 14, 2015, 03:12:50 PM

Instead of saying something like this, why don't you just say who you think is and why? Seems pointless making a comment like that otherwise  :-\
Haha, didn't mean to be cryptic about it. I don't think it's that bad. Probably won't reject it but here's my thoughts:

Heeney + Hrovat for Sidebottom is spot on
Very questionable - 24 y/o that averaged 113 a year ago for a potential gun and a fringe player - but okay, sure.

Mexico get a replacement (although not as good as Sidey) in Adams and get an upgrade on Hurn to Shaw but downgrade Sidey to Adams and give Grigg as well in order to do so
Fair enough.

New York give up the best defender in the comp (and top 10 2015 scorer) and get the best young prospect in return. Giving up Adams, a young gun to get Hurn as a (younger) replacement for Shaw and Grigg to start as a Utility makes up for that and gives us solid players for the positions we need filled.

Hurn and Grigg might not get a lot of credit from people around here, but Hurn is capable of averaging 90 and Grigg just did as well which is solid for a Utility
Yeah, you're right, you give up the best defender in the comp and a 22 y/o who just averaged 100 for a promising kid, a 28 y/o SC tease that's coming off his worst season in 8 years and Shaun Grigg, who admittedly is decent although unreliable/unpredictable.

For reference, here's list of people younger than Taylor Adams who averaged the same/more this season:
Jackson Macrae

What do people think Isaac Heeney's going to average next year? 110? The dude's played one season @70 and it seems like he's gods gift to Worlds teams. JRoo was asking me to give up JPK/Prestia for him. Wowee.

JBs-Hawks

Mills will go straight past Heeney this year!

elephants

People getting scared of NDT or what!

Nige

Quote from: elephants on November 14, 2015, 05:40:06 PM
People getting scared of NDT or what!
Yep, and so they should be. Top work lads.  8)

Ricochet

Heeney went 78unsubbed last year so 80-85+ isn't out of the question for the player considered the best kid in last years draft. Will also be a forward next year.

And Memph threw up Prestia for both Heeney and Hrovat to man. But we were already locking in Sidey

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 14, 2015, 05:34:59 PM
Mills will go straight past Heeney this year!
From what i can gather, Mills will be more inside than Heeney so different possies? Both will be guns

Toga

Lachie Neale and Josh Caddy both on the table still.

Pair of 22yo midfielders who went 105+ and 96 unsubbed respectively ;)

Jroo

Why does is matter what Heeney averages next year? He's 19? Got plenty of time on his side, and you should know how much young players are worth in this comp.

Heeney would be worth at least pick 1 wouldnt he? Probably on the same level as Mills. You basically traded Stefan for #1, and wanted Steele + more for Stefan. So don't think NDT are winning by too much.