WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 06, 2015, 06:45:44 PM
Yeah - this committee outside of WXVs to judge on trades is impossible btw.

They would need to not be a coach of a team, understand how WXVs works and have a working knowledge of the teams involved.

How many coaches are passionate enough to do that, that aren't already part of WXVs? Not enough to make a committee IMO.

Even say if I was deciding on all the trades by myself, I guarantee you I would get the hate of allowing some trades through and not allowing other trades through. I don't want to have face the full brunt of other peoples crap, to be honest.

solution

Holz decides all trades.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 06, 2015, 06:49:09 PM
u say the complaining will be just as bad

but

the admin system works fairly well in other comps and tbh way less drama

Like Holz said, not knowing who negged the trade and why (beyond Purp's brief description) is what causes the drama

If Purps negs, you know who did it and why so you can move on immediately and try to renegotiate instead of whinging here

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 06, 2015, 06:49:09 PM
u say the complaining will be just as bad

but

the admin system works fairly well in other comps and tbh way less drama
I beg to differ.

The reason for less drama is because the activity and passion is not the same. This is the premier XVs comp with the most people invested in it.

Half of EXVs, AXVs and to a lesser extent BXVs is (semi) inactive, so of course there won't be talk.

And besides, if Purps is the admin, he should get the final say, and if he doesn't want the responsibility of copping shower from everyone who will complain (and there will be people, don't be so naive), I don't blame him and I too wouldn't want such a role.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on November 06, 2015, 06:51:59 PM

They would need to not be a coach of a team, understand how WXVs works and have a working knowledge of the teams involved.

How many coaches are passionate enough to do that, that aren't already part of WXVs? Not enough to make a committee IMO.

Even say if I was deciding on all the trades by myself, I guarantee you I would get the hate of allowing some trades through and not allowing other trades through. I don't want to have face the full brunt of other peoples crap, to be honest.

solution

Holz decides all trades.

Fair to say you'd be the last person nominated haha

Ricochet

Just leave it as is.

And ppl don't complain when you're trade gets negged, just fix it.

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 06:52:47 PM

solution

Holz decides all trades.

to be fair.

1. already do it in the Euro
2. decent SC history
3. decent  XV history

its not crazy.

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 06:50:37 PM
Quote from: GoLions on November 06, 2015, 06:49:37 PM
I'll put my hand up to neg all of RD's trades if needed

Sorry, only coaches can vote :P
Nah Nige is gone, myself and Marlon will be joining Polo to start a new dynasty at Karen. All shall bow down before us. Long live Karen.

Also rip Nige

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on November 06, 2015, 06:53:47 PM

It really should be this.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 06:47:14 PM
Potato Potata  :-*

So once the trade period ends, we go to the NAT draft and then the Rookie/PSD draft and then we lodge our list of 40 + rookies right?

And we can pass on our picks in NAT/Rookie&PSD drafts too right?

Yep, remembering you cannot put anyone directly on the rookie list.

You can only pass in the NAT draft. You must end up with 40 senior players, and at least 4 rookies ( I will double check the numbers when the time comes).

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on November 06, 2015, 06:54:43 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 06:52:47 PM

solution

Holz decides all trades.

to be fair.

1. already do it in the Euro
2. decent SC history
3. decent  XV history

its not crazy.

Isnt Euro were the Tumbleweed is though? :P

No doubt you have credentials to coach and perform, but voting on trades is another thing and considering your trades get all the heat it might not be the best idea haha

Quote from: GoLions on November 06, 2015, 06:55:30 PM
Also rip Nige

LOL'd  ;D

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 06, 2015, 06:57:22 PM

So once the trade period ends, we go to the NAT draft and then the Rookie/PSD draft and then we lodge our list of 40 + rookies right?

You can only pass in the NAT draft. You must end up with 40 senior players, and at least 4 rookies ( I will double check the numbers when the time comes).

Oh, so only existing players from this season can go onto our rookie list? Everyone we draft has to go onto our senior list of 40? That doesn't sound right, or have I misread what you meant?

Nige

Quote from: GoLions on November 06, 2015, 06:55:30 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 06:50:37 PM
Quote from: GoLions on November 06, 2015, 06:49:37 PM
I'll put my hand up to neg all of RD's trades if needed

Sorry, only coaches can vote :P
Nah Nige is gone, myself and Marlon will be joining Polo to start a new dynasty at Karen. All shall bow down before us. Long live Karen.

Also rip Nige

Ringo

Ok after nearly 2 weeks of trying to get a suitable trade with Mexico for Stanton we have been unable to reach agreement on a trade involving Stanton. Another trade may be posted in due course,

So Stanton is now again on the market and I will be considering best offer. As stated earlier these players are still available for trade and am willing to package or take individual offers:
Dannyle Pearce, David MacKay, Tom Lonergan, Josh Hill, Kyle Hartigan.

Also as I have had a number of queries about LeCras I am willing to put him up for a strong offer. Will not necessarily accept the highest offer if it does not suit structure I am building.

Looking for players mainly but will accept players and picks if need be.

kilbluff1985

think i have the solution

one of these bad boys

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 06:59:35 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on November 06, 2015, 06:57:22 PM

Oh, so only existing players from this season can go onto our rookie list? Everyone we draft has to go onto our senior list of 40? That doesn't sound right, or have I misread what you meant?

The only way you can get players onto your rookie list is through the rookie draft, unless they were already on your rookie list in 2015. You can't move senior listed players to your rookie list. You'd have to delist them, then reselect them in the rookie draft if available.

If you have 40 players on your senior list you won't get any PSD picks. PSD picks go onto your senior list.

Ricochet

Just leave it as is.

Also if a trade is that terrible that your going to neg it maybe shoot the coaches a pm saying it's a bit wrong.  That way they have a chance to possibly fix it up before votes get sent out. Or ignore you :P
It's what we usually do anyway