Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 10, 2015, 08:57:21 PM
Quote from: Holz on September 10, 2015, 08:36:50 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 10, 2015, 08:09:15 PM
Quote from: Holz on September 10, 2015, 07:49:28 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 10, 2015, 07:31:49 PM
Something which hasn't been considered widely is that Jobe Watson may have played his last game. A WADA ban now and I think that's it for Watson.

I know you can't trade based on that but, I sure as well wouldn't be trading him in (and you're smart for trying to trade him now before the WADA hearing Holz) with that hanging over his head when we should have an outcome in a few months.

Remove Watson from Holz' side and this deal goes from bad to an absolute stinker...

It is considered. Just like Murphy shoulder.

Have you considered that Watson has the ability to play forward like goddard and be a 100 forward?

If that happens Levi wins big

So why not wait until do the trade now? Wait until after we know for sure from WADA on Nov 16.

The AFL National Draft isn't until Nov 27 so I'd assume our trade period will be open until after we know.

I will be telling MC not to pass trade as it stands until that happens sorry Holz.

thats ok, levi and i think the trade is fair.

Im not going to wait till then as i need to strucutre my team so everything is optimal. little tweak trades are needed after the big trades.

the forward call was more looking into the future. Guys are playing longer now days by moving onto the HBF or HFF.

If the essendon stuff gets all cleared up should Levi be forced to add more to his side?

You're not going to wait until then because if Watson gets banned he'll likely retire and be useless to you/have no currency.

No, if the Bombers get cleared then the trade becomes more viable.

If the players copped any more than 6 months i'd still be surprised if CAS overturn the AFL tribunal decision.

99.9% they all play round 1 next year.

Hellopplz

Most controversial trade to date just put in :-X.

RaisyDaisy

Read an article on afl.com regarding Stevie J. Based on the comments he made, he's a monty to play on next year and there are already clubs who have spoke to his management

In other great news for us, Adcock says he has "3-4 years of really good footy left in him" :)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 10, 2015, 11:53:21 PM

It would probably help if you give us more context as to how this deal isn't one sided. I'm not saying I would neg it, I just want to understand how Buntine for Connor is a fair trade. I get the point cap thing for Meow, but that doesn't mean you need to give players away

Holz

Percentage differential it actually could be. Love the bunt.

Will pass as I think people only do normative analysis not relative

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2015, 09:18:28 AM

It would probably help if you give us more context as to how this deal isn't one sided. I'm not saying I would neg it, I just want to understand how Buntine for Connor is a fair trade. I get the point cap thing for Meow, but that doesn't mean you need to give players away

Are you seriously considering negging that trade? Lol

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 11, 2015, 10:45:43 AM

Have another read over of what I said

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 11, 2015, 10:45:43 AM

just because it is small doesnt mean we shouldnt look at it.

It seems to be if its a big deal involving players we all know about than it wont pass even if its pretty close.

If its a small deal it will pass even if its really unfair (not saying this trade is)

on Paper its a top 5 pick who has played 27 games and is a defender for a relatively unknown guy

meow meow

One sided which way?

Hellopplz

It was actually a joke I made due to the past few big trades being made and everybody getting all aggressive/defensive on them :P Guess can't even joke anymore :(.

Nige

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 11, 2015, 12:15:42 PM
It was actually a joke I made due to the past few big trades being made and everybody getting all aggressive/defensive on them :P Guess can't even joke anymore :(.
HOW DARE YOU JOKE ABOUT TRADING, THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.  >:(

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on September 11, 2015, 12:02:58 PM

One sided which way?

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks Buntine is much better than Connor? I wont neg it, but feel like PNL should be giving you a pick as well

Purple 77

Welp, Mark Jamar is no longer a Melbourne player. Seems like he might try and find another club though.

If you're feeling lucky desperate, send me an offer  ;)

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2015, 02:34:50 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 11, 2015, 12:02:58 PM

One sided which way?

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks Buntine is much better than Connor? I wont neg it, but feel like PNL should be giving you a pick as well

I'm sure that Holz does too, and he offered me a fair deal but I couldn't do it because of the cap. I've shopped Buntine around a fair bit and nobody wanted him so it was either delist for nothing or trade for a player who I think could be amazing. I've seen enough of McKenna, even seen his first Australian football game ever vs the IAS squad that boasted Heeney, Petracca, Brayshaw, Pickett, Lamb and those boys. The things he did in that game gave me an indication of his value vs those guys. I had two PSD picks for a reason last year and had Mason Cox and McKenna in mind, but a gift named Aaron Vandenberg presented itself and I couldn't pass that up. I have liked McKenna before most people knew who he was and I am happy to swap Bunt for him. If this is the kind of trade that raises eyebrows then pretty much nothing should ever pass.

Plus if PNL added a pick it would just be one I wouldn't use anyway so what's the point? Only got 40 spots on the list and I can't even upgrade Harris Andrews unless I cut a guy like Wigg, who I took with pick #24 last year. Somebody, please take 2 of my players for one of yours in a fair deal.

RaisyDaisy

We are probably just going to de-list these guys, so if anyone wants them let me know. Will accept a bag of chips

Alex Browne 121
Jamie Bennell 240
Michael Firrito 1036
Patrick McGinnity 165
Todd Elton 27
Dylan Addison

These guys are also available and wont cost much at all

Brodie Murdoch
Luke Lowden
Padraig Lucey
Daniel Pearce
Jordan Cunico