WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

I don't see what the problem is when we take people off the market when we have deals we like done.

If we are happy with the deals, we are happy with the deals.....

I don't see us making many more trades though.

JBs-Hawks

Haha finished with trades before September?

AaronKirk

When you examine our list fully we don't have a lot of bargaining chips to move to improve our list with starting players.

Unless there is interest for draft picks.

Boomz

I do find it a bit odd when people say players are tied up when the trade period hasn't even started yet  :P I mean the season hasn't even finished, anything could happen  :-X

Jay

Quote from: Boomz on August 26, 2015, 03:23:30 PM
I do find it a bit odd when people say players are tied up when the trade period hasn't even started yet  :P I mean the season hasn't even finished, anything could happen  :-X

Holz

Quote from: Jayman on August 26, 2015, 03:30:41 PM

it happens in real life aswell, behind closed doors

Ringo

My thoughts too as well and looks like numerous trades have already been agreed too.

Ricochet

Re-posting this since there's a few more people active today.

After excluding some of our favourite boys from trade talks, we're now considering offers for all NDT lads, including Conigs, Gaff and Nicholls. So hit us up with an offer if you're interested

Also if your interested in the boys below, throw us a pick (or can be used as a sweetners in other offers).
W Hams
S Darley
R Warnock
J White
S Tunbridge
C Giles
Bl Johnson
T O'Brien
L Sumner
D Talia
R Bail
L McCarthy
S Russell
L Pierce
Si White

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on August 26, 2015, 04:23:51 PM
My thoughts too as well and looks like numerous trades have already been agreed too.

I thought this as well last year but, then the trade period opened and a host of guys I was keen on already moved clubs and we missed out so I thought it better to get in early this season.

If you don't you're  going to miss out because there are coaches out there who'll do trades early (now) and ones that take the first come, first served approach.

Ringo

So looks like I should get in on the bandwagon and list some trades.

The Royals List has been reviwed and this is how it stands:

Retirements: Brent Reilly, Brent Staker, Jason Winderlich? (anticipated)

Readily Tradeable: Tom Lonergan, Heretier Lumumba, Mark Baguley, Sam Wright, Zac Tuohy,. Darcy Gardiner, Lachlan Dalgleish, Daniel Nielsen, Hugh Beasley, Kyle Hartigan, Scott McMahon. David Mackay, Dannyle Pearce, Andrew Moore, Michael Luxford, Ethan Hughes, Billy Evans, Josh Clayton, Tom Bellchambers. Archie Smith, Dean Towers,  , Declan Hamilton, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Kaiden Brand

Required but moveable with sound offer: Daniel McStay, Jarrad McVeigh, Brent Stanton, Will Hartung. Billy Stretch, Alec Waterman, Jonathan Giles, , Chris Mayne, Troy Menzell, Corey Gregson, Bradd Sheppard, Matthew Shaw, Josh Hill

Immoveable: Dane Rampe, Adam Saad, Daniel Hannebery, Callum Sinclair, Mark LeCras, Shane Edwards

So there you have it hit me up with offers. Will consider all genuine offers and really want starters or depth in all positions.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 26, 2015, 04:42:40 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 26, 2015, 04:23:51 PM

I thought this as well last year but, then the trade period opened and a host of guys I was keen on already moved clubs and we missed out so I thought it better to get in early this season.

If you don't you're  going to miss out because there are coaches out there who'll do trades early (now) and ones that take the first come, first served approach.

Exactly all of this.

Why wait until September?

When we come up with deals now we have clauses in place should a player in the deal get an LTI, to protect both teams but I would rather get right into it now and get a jump on the teams who aren't doing anything now

As for what AK said, we have drafted our 2016 team based on pending trades and we are very happy with what we have so there's a good chance that we are going to be pretty quiet from here on in. Of course we will continue to discuss trades with everyone, but right now we have a Starting 15 for 2016 that we are happy with, and excellent youth depth across all lines ensuring that we will be competitive in both the short and long term

I'm really proud of what we have been able to do in 12 months :)

Boomz

Looking to trade Kieran Jack for a young 90+ mid, can combine with picks or players

ossie85

Depends if you're buying or selling.

Buying it might be best to trade in advance, selling and you're likely missing out on the best deals

As long as people don't hold any grudges if people change minds before they are official, no problem in having trades prepared. But they aren't official and can be altered anytime

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: ossie85 on August 28, 2015, 06:23:40 AM

Depends if you're buying or selling.

Buying it might be best to trade in advance, selling and you're likely missing out on the best deals

As long as people don't hold any grudges if people change minds before they are official, no problem in having trades prepared. But they aren't official and can be altered anytime

We have what I would call "gentleman agreements" in place. As long as you have an LTI/Retirement clause in place prior to the trade period commencing, than the deals are locked in

I would be absolutely filthy, and it would be a dog act if someone took back their offer/deal after it  had been agreed and finalised on.

Truth be told, I don't think it would even happen anyway because we really do have a great bunch of committed and honest coaches here, which is why I love WXV

I just want the trade period to open already so we can submit and lock these trades in!  ;D

kilbluff1985

annoying for the new coaches who might want to make a offer if elected