WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on September 10, 2015, 12:02:49 PM
OK back to actual trade talk.

Superstar Robbie Warnock could be on the move soon. With Krooz on the way out Robbie will battle it out with Goldy as the #1 ruck in Worlds next year :P

Hit us up if keen

Nat Pick 86?

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on September 10, 2015, 12:04:50 PM

Superstar Robbie Warnock could be on the move soon. With Krooz on the way out Robbie will battle it out with Goldy as the #1 ruck in Worlds next year :P

Hit us up if keen
Mummy decides to be a good bloke and feign an injury for half the season so that some other ruck have his moment in the sun and is then conveniently forgotten. You blokes are terrible.  :P
haha ok ok, #1 might be a slight push

but seriously he does score well. 80-85+ is a safe bet. Get around him

Memphistopheles

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 10, 2015, 12:05:20 PM

Hit us up if keen

Nat Pick 86?

I've got three chips left in this packet of salt and vinegar chips that I'm eating.

That seems about fair...

Nige

Tom Downie > Robbie Warnock and Downie went for pick 85 in last year's trade period, so you're probably looking at like pick 90something for Warnock.  :P

Ricochet

Lets all talk down NDT players so they get shower in return :P

He is actually ok for all the shower he cops here
2011: 86ave
2012: 82ave
2013: 88ave
2014: 81ave

And we've got a couple of decent offers, so if your actually interested then pm me

Nige

I know Warnock's half decent, I'm just talking up Tom Downie.  8)

kilbluff1985

Purple 77

Holy moly...

So I spend last night and all day today starting, finishing and submitting a 2000 word assignment (coz that's how I roll  8)). So I'm like, Hulk gets Rising Star, I submit this pain in the arse assignment, and become an Uncle again in the space of 24 hours... feeling good  8)

And then I have literally 8 pages of content to read here :P

Argh crap. 7 new PMs. I'll get to you all eventually!

Boomz

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 10, 2015, 04:16:04 PM
Holy moly...

So I spend last night and all day today starting, finishing and submitting a 2000 word assignment (coz that's how I roll  8)). So I'm like, Hulk gets Rising Star, I submit this pain in the arse assignment, and become an Uncle again in the space of 24 hours... feeling good  8)

haha you haven't missed much  :P

Holz

Quote from: Nige on September 09, 2015, 09:21:19 PM
Quote from: Vinny on September 09, 2015, 09:16:58 PM
Holz, can you break down the deal properly and explain why you believe it is fair?

last year i traded Rockliff for Gunston + Boak

basically Rockcliff to Gunston was a downgrade from a super premo to a premo plus I got a older almost premo in Boak.

I put Goldy in the same regards as Rocky (I actually rate him higher)

so

Goldy down to Jacobs is a super premo down to a premo (much like Rocky to Gunston) and then I get a older almost premo in Jroo.

so

1. Goldy = Jacobs + Jroo

second part of it is Murphy Watson. Murphy isnt not the 2012 version where hwas a top 5 in the comp. much like Boak i clasify him as an older almost premo. looks set to be in that 100-105 which is great but not that good.

Watson obvisouly has some issues surrounding him but if he can sort out this WADASA stuff he actually is a better scorer than Murphy. his age and injury risk has to be taken into account (Murphy also has injury risk)

So thats why Levi is getting the north ruck bench (which is handy) as if Jacobs goes down im screwed. if Goldy goes down he has a guy who should go 75+ easy as seen by Daw going 100 (who should be a R again)

not only that but Jason holmes hasnt been playing AFL long and has already got a gig. Longer and Hickey arent great and he took the ruck spot off them already. He has the potential to do what mike pyke has done.

so

Watson + Holmes + Currie + Daw for Murphy seems fair to me.

put that together and there is your fair trade.

Purple 77

Final calls on Daisy... wanting to trade him tonight

Also on Jack Grimes. I think I've let everyone know that has enquired about them (sooooo many), but this just making sure.

Nige

Quote from: Boomz on September 10, 2015, 04:19:53 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 10, 2015, 04:16:04 PM
Holy moly...

haha you haven't missed much  :P
This is true.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on September 10, 2015, 04:58:21 PM
Holz, can you break down the deal properly and explain why you believe it is fair?

basically Rockcliff to Gunston was a downgrade from a super premo to a premo plus I got a older almost premo in Boak.

so

Goldy down to Jacobs is a super premo down to a premo (much like Rocky to Gunston) and then I get a older almost premo in Jroo.

so

1. Goldy = Jacobs + Jroo

second part of it is Murphy Watson. Murphy isnt not the 2012 version where hwas a top 5 in the comp. much like Boak i clasify him as an older almost premo. looks set to be in that 100-105 which is great but not that good.

Watson obvisouly has some issues surrounding him but if he can sort out this WADASA stuff he actually is a better scorer than Murphy. his age and injury risk has to be taken into account (Murphy also has injury risk)

So thats why Levi is getting the north ruck bench (which is handy) as if Jacobs goes down im screwed. if Goldy goes down he has a guy who should go 75+ easy as seen by Daw going 100 (who should be a R again)

not only that but Jason holmes hasnt been playing AFL long and has already got a gig. Longer and Hickey arent great and he took the ruck spot off them already. He has the potential to do what mike pyke has done.

so

Dropping Walker is a good start but...

It was Gunston and Boak for Rocky and Josh Green. You might not rate Green but he's a 22 year old player who plays every week and averages 70. You still gave up something to even it out. Rocky 130 + Green 70 for Boak 105 + Gunston 95. Even! You didn't get Gunston for nothing like you'd be getting JRoo.

Jacobs 110 + JRoo 90 for Goldy 125 + nothing is not the same as the above. Add a forward or def who averages 75, or something of equal value if you're going to use the Rocky trade as an example.

Vinny

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on September 10, 2015, 06:06:37 PM
Quote from: Holz on September 10, 2015, 04:58:21 PM

so

so

1. Goldy = Jacobs + Jroo

so

Dropping Walker is a good start but...

It was Gunston and Boak for Rocky and Josh Green. You might not rate Green but he's a 22 year old player who plays every week and averages 70. You still gave up something to even it out. Rocky 130 + Green 70 for Boak 105 + Gunston 95. Even! You didn't get Gunston for nothing like you'd be getting JRoo.

Jacobs 110 + JRoo 90 for Goldy 125 + nothing is not the same as the above. Add a forward or def who averages 75, or something of equal value if you're going to use the Rocky trade as an example.

the difference is.

Rocky was supposed to drop 120 remember when all the mids moved to the lions. Gunston as a 95 forward is closer to a 120 Mid then a 125 ruck is to a 105-110 ruck.

green averaged 66 last year and 63 this year by the way.

Jroo is up and down too 91 85 84 91 I would say 85-90 is more his area.

I could add a Schoenemakers to this deal and according to you its all fair. If schoenemakers is the difference between a fair trade and an unfiar trade then thats a joke.

it seems to be if you do a big trade it cant pass. You need to look at a percantage base.  If your talking points as an analogy

50 to 55 in a trade (which this may be is fine)

20 to 24 according to your points is better but percentage wise its worse.

I think you will get this Meow.

If Schoenamakers is standing in the way of a deal Involving names like Goldy Watson Jacobs Murphy Jroo then something is very wrong.

Also people are underating Holmes.

people say im getting like for like in Jacobs and Goldy as premo rucks

but where is my like for like in Ruck cover (which has value too)

change it to

Goldy + Currie + Daw = Jacobs + Jroo

Watson + Holmes = Murphy