Main Menu

WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 23, 2015, 06:16:10 PM
Just for curiosities sake (and without wanting to create negative discussion, this is just for interests sake), the following is the amount of times a certain team negged a trade;

Just goes to show there is differing opinions! Perhaps the committee should come from a representative of each quartile?

I'd hazard a guess we were one of the teams who negged around 8 trades though maybe a bit more, up to 10.

Generally I say that if a trade is uneven as long as it's not ridiculous I'm happy to pass it.

Case in point the latest trade. We were the last team to vote as I was moving house this week and haven't been on in a week.

I don't like the trade at all but, I said I don't mind passing it as New York don't lose as much this time which was my main issue before.

I also think that this trade is going to hand the title to Mexico City or at very least make them the title favourites. I think next year Adams' scoring will be roughly equal to Sidebottom but, Shaw was the #1 SC defender last season and is a big improvement on their Best XV (I think Grigg wouldn't have been in their Best XV this year).

Jroo

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 24, 2015, 02:59:23 PM
I also think that this trade is going to hand the title to Mexico City or at very least make them the title favourites. I think next year Adams' scoring will be roughly equal to Sidebottom but, Shaw was the #1 SC defender last season and is a big improvement on their Best XV (I think Grigg wouldn't have been in their Best XV this year).
Dublin still the team to beat, but we have improved our scoring power for next year, over the offseason.

I traded Adams to Cotch. But yes Shaw is handy. Not sure why no one rates Grigg averaged 90+ this year and will do that again next year. Would be out of Boomer or Grigg for U2 next year I reckon (if Bennell gets DPP, which I reckon is a good chance).

RaisyDaisy

Maybe for the last 2-3 weeks it would be good to have two votes a week, but other than that I don't think it's really necessary

If you lodge your trades by Sunday and get the result by Wed/Thu that's good enough I think

Either way, whatever the majority is happy with :)

Jay

It staggers me how a team could neg 34 trades..

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on November 24, 2015, 01:53:26 PM
Think my suggestion got consumed with the earier debate so re posting here for a bot of debate.

To me there are couple of things that will improve trading in Worlds and been thinking on this in the current Worlds context.
1) Still have the weekly coaches voting but have an end time of Wednesday midnight.
2) If 25% of coaches vote to neg a trade (5 against required) then a trades committee look at at and rule.
3) If more than 50% (10 votes) trade automatically rejected.

Purple to nominate a trade committee who look at the trades with 5 - 10 negative votes and by majority rule on them. Purple will be one of the committee.

If we agree on a Wednesday night trade deadline then coaches will know that and will make sure they come on in the 72hrs to rule on trades.  Note the majority of coaches had voted by Wednesday anyway and with 5 votes required to neg a trade there are probably only a few occasions when we would get down to the last 2 coaches to vote.

Also think this would make Purples job a little easier as there may be fewer trades to have rules committee rule on. Currently he assesses all trades with 3 or more votes against.

If we were to go with this it should be 25% of coaches not involved in the trade = 4 not 5

Likewise for the 50% - it should be 8 not 10 because of course the two teams involved in the trade will vote for it.

But, i'm in favour of keeping things as is. There's a clear outlier in terms of the coaches negging the trades so perhaps they need to explain why they neg so many. I'm not having a go but, I'm interested to hear the reasoning behind their strictness - is it because one side wins too much, because of the balance of the competition, or for other reasons (for example I've been tempted to neg trades because I wanted the players but, I haven't as that's unethical)?

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on November 24, 2015, 03:07:33 PM
It staggers me how a team could neg 34 trades..
Yeah, I tend to agree. I think it's just being a tad too pedantic.

There honestly weren't too many terrible trades and we probably negged a few that we shouldn't have in hindsight. I'll be honest and say that we definitely negged a few at the start of the trade period that probably didn't deserve it, but I think they passed anyway from memory. Definitely relaxed on voting as it went on though.

Jukes

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 23, 2015, 08:35:14 PM
Jukes, since when did you neg any trades?

I haven't.

I swear I can't remember negging any

That's why you shouldn't drink and FF I guess :3

DazBurg

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 24, 2015, 03:07:02 PM
Maybe for the last 2-3 weeks it would be good to have two votes a week, but other than that I don't think it's really necessary

If you lodge your trades by Sunday and get the result by Wed/Thu that's good enough I think

agree with this
i can understand ppl wanting to know quickly in the last 2 weeks or so

but really guys we have likes 2 months (probably more for some who talk real early etc)

if you cannot get stuff done in 2 months i think knowing 4 days early is the least of your problems :P

edit : sorry about the spaces enter key got stuck all fixed now

Ringo

Quote from: DazBurg on November 24, 2015, 08:05:32 PM

agree with this

but really guys we have likes 2 months (probably more for some who talk real early etc)

if you cannot get stuff done in 2 months i think knowing 4 days early is the least of your problems :P
But try negotiating to try and get negged trade up.  Sometimes that takes a fair bit of time and then leaves you behind the 8 ball if it does not work out.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on November 24, 2015, 08:29:00 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on November 24, 2015, 08:05:32 PM

agree with this

But try negotiating to try and get negged trade up.  Sometimes that takes a fair bit of time and then leaves you behind the 8 ball if it does not work out.
Yeh this is my main reason for suggesting it. A negged trade can put you back 2 weeks sometimes. In the last month of trading that isnt ideal

Toga

If anyone needs forwards Beijing could be persuaded to trade an Allen Christensen type for the right deal after we found ourselves with a few unexpected forwards...

Holz

Quote from: Toga on January 07, 2016, 05:30:41 PM
If anyone needs forwards Beijing could be persuaded to trade an Allen Christensen type for the right deal after we found ourselves with a few unexpected forwards...

stupid positioning half the comp are forwards. Spent all my time getting the best of the best key forwards and now monty is a forward.

if champion data get harsher on forwards next year teams will be screwed.

RaisyDaisy

Yeah there's a massive influx of forwards this year which is a little disappointing

Feels like good mids are the hardest to come by, which is crazy

meow meow

How to maximize value of a premo 101

Devon Smith
> Jamie Elliott & Clay Smith

Jamie Elliott & Nathan Hrovat
> pick 2

Picks 2, 26 & 46
> Pick 12 & Jobe Watson

Pick 12 and Tom Scully
> Koby Stevens & Jack Trengove

Could say Hrovat is worth as much as Trengove (via pick 12) so that part gets canceled out. As does Scully for Stevens.

So effectively I've given up Devon Smith, picks 26 and 46 for Clay Smith. That's how is done!

Compo pick plz.

meow meow

Zorko as a 26 year old 100 average forward should be worth a 26 year old 110 average mid.  Not a 29 year old 90 average mid. How did you people let this pass? It's unjust. You elite judges should have blocked it in the name of a fair competition. Why bother blocking trades at all if travesties like this one are allowed? The only reason why you'll not compensate me for your error is obviously because you're racist.

Compo pick plz. Srs this time.