Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

Quote from: Holz on August 10, 2016, 01:08:49 PM
Quote from: iZander on August 02, 2016, 03:33:56 PM
Quote from: Jukes on August 02, 2016, 03:29:17 PM
Quote from: iZander on August 02, 2016, 03:23:30 PM
Quote from: Cookie Monster on August 02, 2016, 03:10:14 PM
Quote from: Jukes on August 02, 2016, 02:42:08 AM
Have seen us linked to Billings (and of course Crouch) recently - if we could grab one of them, Patton, and take Brodie first pick I'd be very happy.
I think if we get Crouch we definitely will trade the number one pick away.

But would be awesome if we can pull it off!

Which crouch are we linked to?

My personal opinion is Bird is best 22 next year, especially if Watson doesnt play on as we really wouldnt have many inside mids and Birds been great inside this year tbh.
Adding Crouch might change that though

Brad

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essendon-leads-several-victorian-clubs-aiming-to-lure-out-of-contract-crow-brad-crouch-to-their-club/news-story/2bd8d5defd65cbc23c528a57ae2095bd
omg that is good news, i reckon another inside mid would be great for us next year, exactly what we need :P

i might be wrong but isnt the article saying Essendon is the Victorian team that most wants crouch?

I would think that Essendon would pretty much be the vicotrian team he would least want to go to.

reports earlier in the year said he had met with Hawks and North only. I reckon if he does go it will be to the hawks.
Reported last night on 7 news by a reporter who is employed by the club that Crouch has signed on and will be announced in the coming weeks

LF

So just curious as to who you Bombers fans think might get delisted?
One name I will throw in is Kommer,seems Tipungwuti has taken his spot,would that be correct?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: LF on August 25, 2016, 05:13:22 PM
One name I will throw in is Kommer,seems Tipungwuti has taken his spot,would that be correct?

yeah he has been replaced by Tippa and Colyer but not sure if he will get delisted

guys i think might be

Courtenay Dempsey
Shaun Edwards
James Gwilt
Gach Nyuon (off field issues)

Tippa & Hams should get promoted to senior list

Gwilt and Dempsey might shock some but don't think they will play much next year i don't expect both to go but would think 1will

LF

Boomz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 26, 2016, 10:04:22 AM
Quote from: LF on August 25, 2016, 05:13:22 PM

yeah he has been replaced by Tippa and Colyer but not sure if he will get delisted

guys i think might be

Courtenay Dempsey
Shaun Edwards
James Gwilt
Gach Nyuon (off field issues)

Tippa & Hams should get promoted to senior list

Gwilt and Dempsey might shock some but don't think they will play much next year i don't expect both to go but would think 1will

No way we'll delist Nyuon (even with the off-field issue) as he's a rookie so doesn't take up a spot on the senior list & he's a ruckman in his first year... he'll get at least 1-2 more to prove himself. The rest probably about right. Won't be surprised if Ashby/Kommer also go.

Jukes

McKernan probably on the way out too tbh

I'd say Smack, Dempsey, Edwards, Gwilt, Kommer, and Ashby are the guys to be delisted, with Coon retiring. Nyuon depends on how he goes off-the-field.

Jukes

Jaeger being heavily linked with us now...

QuoteESSENDON coach John Worsfold says he would love to have Jaeger O’Meara at the Bombers next season.

O’Meara walked out on the Gold Coast Suns last week.

Worsfold said O’Meara, 22, fitted the club’s short and long term recruiting strategies.

“We would love to have him at Essendon, absolutely,” he said.

“We are a club that is in a position now to build our list to win premierships in the short term.

“We are looking that over the next six or seven years, to have a squad that will rapidly get back up the ladder and hopefully challenge.

“Players that are around that 22-23 year old age bracket are perfect fits for us, especially ones as talented as an O’Meara.”

iZander

Quote from: Jukes on August 28, 2016, 04:11:23 PM

QuoteESSENDON coach John Worsfold says he would love to have Jaeger O’Meara at the Bombers next season.

Worsfold said O’Meara, 22, fitted the club’s short and long term recruiting strategies.

“We are a club that is in a position now to build our list to win premierships in the short term.

“We are looking that over the next six or seven years, to have a squad that will rapidly get back up the ladder and hopefully challenge.

“Players that are around that 22-23 year old age bracket are perfect fits for us, especially ones as talented as an O’Meara.”
i mean its good but i just hope we dont overpay :/

Jukes

Quote from: iZander on August 29, 2016, 12:29:40 AM

He has said he wants to leave, so can't imagine his asking price will be monumental. Could even go through the PSD?

iZander

Quote from: Jukes on August 29, 2016, 02:46:22 AM
Quote from: iZander on August 29, 2016, 12:29:40 AM

He has said he wants to leave, so can't imagine his asking price will be monumental. Could even go through the PSD?
Yeah true, if pick 1 is involved i wonder what we get with him? :P

crowls

crowls

if we can pick up jom,       then with  heppell, zerrett, watson, zaharakis, parish, make a good looking mid group.   zaha should escape the tag as well.     play goddard as def +1    getting excited already

iZander

Quote from: crowls on September 05, 2016, 11:52:21 PM
if we can pick up jom,       then with  heppell, zerrett, watson, zaharakis, parish, make a good looking mid group.   zaha should escape the tag as well.     play goddard as def +1    getting excited already
Dont forget about Mcluggggaaggge (or the likes)

Also Bird solid this year, think i read somewhere he was 4th in the AFL for pressure points? Although probs a bit more forward time next year :P

kilbluff1985

the players banned is over in 8 days  ;D

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: iZander on September 05, 2016, 11:55:28 PM
Quote from: crowls on September 05, 2016, 11:52:21 PM
Dont forget about Mcluggggaaggge (or the likes)

Also Bird solid this year, think i read somewhere he was 4th in the AFL for pressure points? Although probs a bit more forward time next year :P

Brendon Fevola would be proud!