Main Menu

A Best 22 for 2016

Started by H1bb3i2d, July 07, 2015, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silloc

also totally agree with midfielders/non-keypos for our 24,25. Throw some names up, Gresham, Lovell, Hibberd, Hardwick, Rioli, Oliver.

I think we are in a good spot to rookie Gach Nyuon (spelling??) 3-4 years of development would see him coming in at the back end of luey

Football Factory

I like Pears .. would like to see him get a good run next year. See what Woosha does with him, could be a make or break season.

kilbluff1985

Kommer was our #1 player for pressure acts him not fit is a really big loss

B: Baguley, Hurley, Pears
HB: Hibberd, Hooker, Myers
C: Stanton, Watson, Heppell
HF: Zaharakis, McKernan, Goddard
F: Kommer, Daniher, Colyer
Foll: Leuenberger, Z. Merrett, Hocking

I/C: Howlett, Bird, Fantasia, Langford

i like that team i think McKernan is more dangerous up forward then Belly and he or Daniher can help Luey

the new draftees would have to be pretty good to get games over our current depth no idea how people can put them in the best 22

H1bb3i2d

FB: Baguley Hooker Francis (Hartley, Gwilt, Pears)
HB: Gleeson Hurley Hibberd (Fantasia, Ashby, Morgan, Dempsey)
Foll: Leuenberger Heppell Zerrett (Hocking, Howlett, Parish)
C: Goddard Watson Colyer (Myers, Stanton, Jerrett)
HF: Laverde McKernan Zaharakis (Bellchambers, Cooney, Bird, Redman, Eades)
FF: Langford Daniher Brown (Edwards, Kommer, Ambrose)

I quite like the make-up of the list after the draft(s). Hartley gives us solid KPD depth. Brown provides a mobile forward target to complement Daniher and McKernan/Bellchambers, and will swing back when needed. He also gives us time to find the right young KPF to partner Daniher.

There's some serious toe coming through all 3 lines. As Watson, Goddard and Stanton retire over the next 2/3 years we'll only get faster. Hocking and Myers aren't going anywhere any time soon so there's plenty of time to getsome young inside mids in.

I think the list "rejuvination" was quite a success, but only time will tell :)

Drak

This has been the best Draft period we've had in I can't even remember how long....

Bird is a walk up mid, He's great. Hell start over Zaka, Myers, etc. Whether Essendon supporters like it or not.

I really believe they will keep blooding kids and the likes of your Cooneys, Zakas and Howletts if they don't impact games, room will be made for Parish and Francis asap. I really don't think people understand what these two kids are. Im still dumb struck we got them, I really thought Parish would get taken by Melbourne although I understand they needed a big mid, and Im a fan of Oliver anyway. But Oliver will only ever be a work horse in my opinion. Parish has the ability to be a Judd, or a Hodge, or Pendles. A game destroyer. And Francis too. If he gets endurance..... He will be Goddard in his prime. He's a monster in the air and great of both legs. Put him in the midfield in 3 years and we will have one of the most potent in the AFL.

Heppell, Parish, Z Merrett, Francis, Colyer and thats not even including the possibilty of Langford and Laverde doing the same. Both have massive potential to go mids.

I watched a fully fit Bellchambers against Sam Jacobs yesterday. 2012. I forgot what he could do fully firing.

B: Baguley Hooker, Hibberd
HB: Stanton, Hurley, Bird
C: Goddard Watson Colyer
Foll: Leu Heppell Hocking
HF Zmerrett McKernan Zaharakis
F: Bellchambers, Daniher, Kommer
Bench between: Myers, Parish, Francis, Brown. Howlett, Gleeson, Laverde.

My reason for starting Hocking, purely because our side was completely different the day he came back in. Same with Myers. In a perfect world you want to see the potential of the new kids straight away, but reality dictates otherwise. They will be given a go in the NAB to impress, but we will probably have 2 spots up for grabs, if that. The rest will start.

As I said, If Zaka, Howlett and Myers are mediocre you can bet kids will be blooded.

I do, however, believe players like Cooney, Dempsey, Gwilt and Pears will struggle for a spot. We may see an early retirment from Cooney if he gets an early injury. Just my opinion.

Brown and Mckernan will fight for a spot.

Everyone forgets the fwd pressure Kommer brings. He's an animal. We have sorely missed that in our fwd line.

iZander

Quote from: Drak on December 03, 2015, 01:43:15 PM
This has been the best Draft period we've had in I can't even remember how long....

Bird is a walk up mid, He's great. Hell start over Zaka, Myers, etc. Whether Essendon supporters like it or not.

THANKYOU

Drak

Quote from: iZander on December 03, 2015, 02:30:25 PM
Quote from: Drak on December 03, 2015, 01:43:15 PM

THANKYOU

Anytime... haha. Fans sometimes have a hard time discerning talent and ability over favouritism or cult status.

kilbluff1985

Kommer was training with the main group today is injury free for the first time in 18 months just needs more fitness obviously but still early

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 09, 2015, 09:43:26 PM
Kommer was training with the main group today is injury free for the first time in 18 months just needs more fitness obviously but still early

kb I don't even think you understand the comedic brilliance of that sentence :P ;D

does my sentence even make sense

Big Mac

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on December 09, 2015, 10:03:23 PM

kb I don't even think you understand the comedic brilliance of that sentence :P ;D

Hahaha  ;D

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on December 09, 2015, 10:05:51 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on December 09, 2015, 10:03:23 PM

Hahaha  ;D
Unintentional genius is usually the best.  ;D

kilbluff1985

Nige

_wato

Myers a walk up start? Interesting, what do you see him scoring fantasy wise?

And I could see Parish playing Round 1, kid is a jet.

Bill Manspeaker

man how do I explain it? it's just there :P

a massive sentence about a Kommer with no comma, Kommer's back training and should be back in action when there's a lack of any comma there at all

I dunno someone smarter explain it :P