Main Menu

A Best 22 for 2016

Started by H1bb3i2d, July 07, 2015, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

No Idea why you guys dont go hard for Daniel Currie. He is only 26 and will get no game time behind the best ruck in the game.

The one game he played sole ruck last year when Goldy was rested he went 36 hitouts 6 tackles and a goal. He doesnt find the ball at all but the guy can ruck.

plumdog millionaire

Quote from: silloc on July 21, 2015, 11:26:13 AM
FYI if we don't get ben cavara this year around I will be soooooo angry. We need a quick classy midfielder who can get us more  colyer-esk clearences
I'm already sold

silloc

Quote from: Holz on July 21, 2015, 11:26:44 AM
No Idea why you guys dont go hard for Daniel Currie. He is only 26 and will get no game time behind the best ruck in the game.

The one game he played sole ruck last year when Goldy was rested he went 36 hitouts 6 tackles and a goal. He doesnt find the ball at all but the guy can ruck.

Yeah another who is starved of opportunities, might be the go. But I'd prefer to persist with Giles and Bell-end, with mckernan and maybe a sam grimly? and also get somebody to develop like the young Sudanese ruckman, Gash Nyuoen*

*may have butchered the spelling

plumdog millionaire

Quote from: silloc on July 21, 2015, 11:38:20 AM

Yeah another who is starved of opportunities, might be the go. But I'd prefer to persist with Giles and Bell-end, with mckernan and maybe a sam grimly? and also get somebody to develop like the young Sudanese ruckman, Gash Nyuoen*

Would rather stick with Giles and McKernan for now, a fourth ruckman who needs opportunity could make the situation worse. Aquiring a developmental ruckman is probably the best option long term though

silloc

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on July 21, 2015, 12:03:13 PM
Quote from: silloc on July 21, 2015, 11:38:20 AM

Would rather stick with Giles and McKernan for now, a fourth ruckman who needs opportunity could make the situation worse. Aquiring a developmental ruckman is probably the best option long term though

Still need a long term project one I think

Ziplock

giles is a good ruckman, dunno why you haven't been playing him.

silloc

Quote from: Ziplock on July 21, 2015, 12:28:21 PM

Because he wasn't competing enough around the ground or play the way we wanted, but he had his best game last week so he'd be a certainty next game

Capper

Will be interesting to see how big the cleanout will be at the dons. In NRL Manly have already told 14 players to look else where next year for a game. This is after losing a couple of players to other clubs as well

silloc

Quote from: Capper on July 22, 2015, 03:37:26 PM
Will be interesting to see how big the cleanout will be at the dons. In NRL Manly have already told 14 players to look else where next year for a game. This is after losing a couple of players to other clubs as well

Can't imagine it'd be too much, with the shallow draft and a few seniors set to hang up the boots.

Upgrade; Steinberg, McKernan.

Retire; Lika, Fletch, Chap

Delist; Dempsy, Kav, Hams, (hams to the rookie list, needs development but keeps getting injured)

Trade; Pears??

plumdog millionaire

Stanton and Carlisle are out of contract too
Would probably want to trade Stants if he was under contract but can't since he's out of contract

silloc

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on July 23, 2015, 10:56:41 AM
Would probably want to trade Stants if he was under contract but can't since he's out of contract

Stant's wont leave, I wont let him. But Carlisle 50/50 though I don't see him leaving Victoria, Bulldogs would need to make a big play.

Ziplock

pretty sure you can still trade if they're out of contract?

Big Mac

Quote from: Ziplock on July 23, 2015, 05:17:25 PM

pretty sure you can still trade if they're out of contract?

nrich102

Quote from: Big  Mac on July 23, 2015, 05:21:25 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on July 23, 2015, 05:17:25 PM

pretty sure you can still trade if they're out of contract

Ziplock

Quote from: silloc on July 22, 2015, 03:33:27 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on July 21, 2015, 12:28:21 PM

Because he wasn't competing enough around the ground or play the way we wanted, but he had his best game last week so he'd be a certainty next game

*cough*

giles is good as a ruckman, and can go up forward as well to a reasonable effect. McKernan is going to get slaughtered against Lobbe/ Ryder

and frankly nobody at essendon has been competing enough in general, and the way you're playing your game clearly isn't working, so those are pretty average excuses :P

I'm assuming when your rucks get destroyed again giles will probably be in.