There was an interesting article on the alf site calling for a north rebuild

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-06/north-melbourne-is-the-great-pretender

what are peoples thoughts on this?

The_Captain

Quote from: Holz on July 07, 2015, 10:19:33 AM
There was an interesting article on the alf site calling for a north rebuild

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-06/north-melbourne-is-the-great-pretender

what are peoples thoughts on this?

Sounds like a cop out for not winning games. Maybe a new coach will do it! There game style is not holding up by the look of things.

Capper

I think its in response to the fact that the Dons and Roos have the 2nd and 3rd oldest average list in the AFL

Freo have the oldest and are flying whilst the Swans and Hawks are in 4th and 5th

2 years ago they lost so many close games, last year they got to the last 4 and got flogged.

Next year i think there will be a clean out after and a lot will be traded for picks

Ricochet

You can't go after mature agers, give it a year and then start rebuilding. They'll back themselves in to turn it around next year

frenzy

They have recruited the likes of Waite and played him, instead or ahead of players like Wood. Even Majak Daw has played more games. They better be moving heaven and earth to retain Wood on the list, however, sadly I would not be surprised to see Mason go down the Liam Anthony path of suitable trade/ sorry de-listed. Already the "needs to work on aspects of his game in the VFL" excuses have been rolling out of Arden Street.

L.A. was three times a better player than Kieren Harper and he's retained on the senior list  Harper hasn't played a senior game since 2013 (3 games) has me beat, how he survives?

Petrie needs to play down back, Wood Brown and Black up forward now!

2017 North will go from the oldest list to the youngest in one season. Wells, Dal Santo, Harvey, Petrie, Firrito, Waite should be all done and dusted by end of 2016 at the latest. Time to get games into the young guns.

TexR74

Although Waite hasn't been what we'd hoped for, I think the Higgins signing was really worth it. I do think a clear out for more picks and young players needs to happen. Also wouldn't mind picking up Treloar at the end of the year ;)